• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Matt Cooke

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to hear what Gill said to him in the handshake line after Cooke went after his leg in the scrum at the end of the second.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I saw him on the street, I would run up to him, take a cheap shot on him, and say "Oh look, I'm a mediocre hockey player who can hurt people. Maybe I can get an NHL contract like you." I might get my ass beat down afterward, but it'd be worth it.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I saw him on the street, I would run up to him, take a cheap shot on him, and say "Oh look, I'm a mediocre hockey player who can hurt people. Maybe I can get an NHL contract like you." I might get my ass beat down afterward, but it'd be worth it.

I thought you didn't believe in fighting? What about other people's kids who could be watching? What kind of example would you be setting?

I kid, I keed! ;-)

miamiforlife81

It's All About The U!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cooke's a solid player. Hope he comes back and with a raise.

h X c Chris

foul-mouthed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
^and thats why that "former" notice the quotes "troll" is still a piece of shit in my book.

miamiforlife81

It's All About The U!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I thought he played well all year, chipping in with some timely goals and big hits during the season and postseason. Sure he is a cheap player but he is still a solid hockey player IMO. Guess that makes me a piece of shit troll for acknowledging his hockey abilities.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^and thats why that "former" notice the quotes "troll" is still a piece of shit in my book.

That's pretty harsh. He did start out on a bad note (i.e. - Ducks fan and MD follower), but at least he's turned into a solid poster now. He also hasn't resorted back into troll form since. I think he deserves a little more respect.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you didn't believe in fighting? What about other people's kids who could be watching? What kind of example would you be setting?

I kid, I keed! ;-)

Hahaha! Well played. I would never actually do that, but a guy can dream.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha! Well played. I would never actually do that, but a guy can dream.

Well Loco, that's what makes you a better man than me (along with many other things I'm sure, lol).....because I would do what you talked about. In fact, a buddy of mine dared me to start a fight with Corey Perry in real life if I ever saw him on the street. I swore on everything I loved that I would. I might lose, but it will be the funnest loss ever ;-)

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Loco, that's what makes you a better man than me (along with many other things I'm sure, lol).....because I would do what you talked about. In fact, a buddy of mine dared me to start a fight with Corey Perry in real life if I ever saw him on the street. I swore on everything I loved that I would. I might lose, but it will be the funnest loss ever ;-)

This might be it's own thread in and of itself, but I've always wanted to fight Chris Pronger. Yes, I would bleed, but I guarantee he would feel it in the morning.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just don't mess with Brendan Witt. You can't even beat that guy in a fight from inside your car!

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he is the only forward the Pens resign, in fact, he deserves a slight raise in my opinion.

Fair enough. I also think he deserves more hits like the one in the op ;-)

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just don't mess with Brendan Witt. You can't even beat that guy in a fight from inside your car!

Christ on Ice!!!!

My favorite player ever. I miss that guy...

witt1.jpg

JustAsking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fair enough. I also think he deserves more hits like the one in the op ;-)

Sure, it's his game he plays. Can't expect not to be a target. But I bet with the new rules in place, he won't go head hunting. He may show some lack of respect by hitting in the head, but they weren't illegal based on the rules in place at the time. Now they will be (as will the OPs clip) and I expect Cooke not to deliver head shots. He's a key cog in the Penguin "machine" .

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, it's his game he plays. Can't expect not to be a target. But I bet with the new rules in place, he won't go head hunting. He may show some lack of respect by hitting in the head, but they weren't illegal based on the rules in place at the time. Now they will be (as will the OPs clip) and I expect Cooke not to deliver head shots. He's a key cog in the Penguin "machine" .

You haven't watched Cooke much in his career have you? Once dirty, always dirty. Has nothing to do with the current rules in place or not. I'm not blaming you for wanting him on the Pens, I'm also not saying he's not effective at what he does. I'm just saying he's a dirty POS ala Corey Perry ala Steve Avery ala Jarkko Ruutu ala Steve Ott. He deservers every single dirty play that comes his way.

h X c Chris

foul-mouthed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Claiming Cooke is a solid player eliminates any second chances. Lets be serious, if some former troll islander fan came on here saying "man that Chris Simon...what a solid player, he deserves a raise!" nobody would take him seriously. Cooke is a coward, and he plays a very cheap style of hockey. Just because he scores every now and then doesnt make him a solid player, otherwise Steve Downie is an all star.