• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marshawn Lynch, what is his future?

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does he come back next year?

Does he play in Seattle next year?

If he get's traded will he still be good?

I know that no one can say for sure but would to hear anyone who has a feeling or opinion about him?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My best guesses:

Does he come back next year? Yes

Does he play in Seattle next year? No

If he get's traded will he still be good? Don't think he'll get traded, most likely cut and signed as a FA, and like everyone, it'll depend on where he go

On that note, I do think that if/when he hits the market, and doesn't find a deal to his liking, on a team he really wants to play for, I wouldn't be shocked if he hangs it up.
I

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude has always reminded me of Ricky Williams.. both his running style and his personality. . Just seems like a guy who could at anytime say to hell with this, I'm gonna go smoke weed and experiment in holistic medicine in a third world country

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My best guesses:

Does he come back next year? Yes

Does he play in Seattle next year? No

If he get's traded will he still be good? Don't think he'll get traded, most likely cut and signed as a FA, and like everyone, it'll depend on where he go

On that note, I do think that if/when he hits the market, and doesn't find a deal to his liking, on a team he really wants to play for, I wouldn't be shocked if he hangs it up.
I

You could be right, I think most Seahawks fans saw him leaving after this season, including me. Now I'm not as sure, Harvin trade helps a little and the back up RBs just don't look ready to carry the load. Turbin is a solid back up, but he's no Lynch. Christine Michael was the great hope, lots of natural talent, who looked like he was a fit for the blocking scheme. However reports are that Michael just doesn't understand the blocking schemes and what hole he should be hitting, doesn't remember how the plays works and not to good of a blocker, in short not real sharp. So we'll see.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could be right, I think most Seahawks fans saw him leaving after this season, including me. Now I'm not as sure, Harvin trade helps a little and the back up RBs just don't look ready to carry the load. Turbin is a solid back up, but he's no Lynch. Christine Michael was the great hope, lots of natural talent, who looked like he was a fit for the blocking scheme. However reports are that Michael just doesn't understand the blocking schemes and what hole he should be hitting, doesn't remember how the plays works and not to good of a blocker, in short not real sharp. So we'll see.

It is interesting to me how position values tend to fluctuate. 15 years ago, RBs were very important to teams. Now, I feel like many front offices view them as being a luxury item and more or less interchangeable.

IMO, a good RB like Forte, Lynch, etc., does as much to unlock an offense as any other non-QB position. I think their importance is grossly underestimated by many front office types.

There is way more to the position than just grabbing the rock and running with it.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he gives one more giant "FU" to everyone, then buys a remote island and is never heard from again.