• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mark Sanchez appreciation thread

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think he would say given the circumstances. " I really hate to play Lynch and get him injured in a game where his reps will be behind a O line that is fighting for a roster spot and I can't risk my starter or risk losing 4.5 mil and a draft pick with Sanchez ". Sure. Like I said, he really doesn't have much choice, but if you believe just because he said that, that he's fine with it, I don't think so. You like to go with what you read, I like to " read " between the lines. :) I guess I've always been more of a risk taker and more anti- " Go with the flow " guy. That's why I always get in trouble though. :):suds:

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing Lynch is a good move. I'm sure he will have instruction to be extra conservative with his on the field choices. He has to get meaningful reps someway.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing Lynch is a good move. I'm sure he will have instruction to be extra conservative with his on the field choices. He has to get meaningful reps someway.
It's the only move.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To think he can't get " meaningful reps " vs one of the best defences in football at practice with the # 1's leading up to Carolina game vs playing a meaningless game with guys protecting you that are possible cuts makes a ton of sense. Kubiak and some of you can sugar coat it any way you want and keep telling yourselves that this is what Elway and Kubes really want to do but I just don't think that's the case. I respect your interpretation on this subject and hope all goes well vs Cards and everyone comes out of game unscathed, more experience and find a spot on the roster. :suds:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To think he can't get " meaningful reps " vs one of the best defences in football at practice with the # 1's leading up to Carolina game vs playing a meaningless game with guys protecting you that are possible cuts makes a ton of sense. Kubiak and some of you can sugar coat it any way you want and keep telling yourselves that this is what Elway and Kubes really want to do but I just don't think that's the case. I respect your interpretation on this subject and hope all goes well vs Cards and everyone comes out of game unscathed, more experience and find a spot on the roster. :suds:

Couple of things

1) No he can't get as meaningful snaps in practice. Have to remember the QB's can't get hit so it is nowhere like that of a game. It is why guys like Kyle Orton could look All-Pro in practice then well like Kyle Orton in games.

2) We need those reps with the #1 offense especially for Siemian. With him only being named the starter today he needs as much time with the 1's as possible. Now I guess you can play the #2 offense against the #1 offense at times in practice but still again nothing like that of game action where a QB has to worry about getting hit.

Yes it is a risk to play him but to me the bigger risk is not doing everything possible to get Lynch ready in case he would have to actually go into a game. Any playing time against an actual defense that can hit him can only help his development.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of things

1) No he can't get as meaningful snaps in practice. Have to remember the QB's can't get hit so it is nowhere like that of a game. It is why guys like Kyle Orton could look All-Pro in practice then well like Kyle Orton in games.

2) We need those reps with the #1 offense especially for Siemian. With him only being named the starter today he needs as much time with the 1's as possible. Now I guess you can play the #2 offense against the #1 offense at times in practice but still again nothing like that of game action where a QB has to worry about getting hit.

Yes it is a risk to play him but to me the bigger risk is not doing everything possible to get Lynch ready in case he would have to actually go into a game. Any playing time against an actual defense that can hit him can only help his development.

:yes: Spot on Carl.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't put rookies and unexperienced players in bubble wrap come pre-season. It is crucial moments to their development. Veterans are a different story.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
search
You can't put rookies and unexperienced players in bubble wrap come pre-season. It is crucial moments to their development. Veterans are a different story.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I beg to differ

Tony-Romo-Bubble-Wrap-300x200.png

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch regressed last game and now the coaches are rethinking Sanchez as the #2
Moving up and playing against the #2 he's needs more time.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like if Sanchez lowers his cap figure we may have a deal with Dallas.

My question is this.

What do we gain by trading him and not cutting him?

If we cut him we get our 7th back, if we trade him we get probably a 7th. Or

Is it... If we trade him we keep our 7th and gain a 7th?

I wonder if Philly would still get our 7th if we trade him or how the terminology was set up.

It appears as if our plan is to get rid of Sanchez. As we have contacted teams offering him up.

It is pretty clear Lynch is our #2

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch regressed last game and now the coaches are rethinking Sanchez as the #2
Moving up and playing against the #2 he's needs more time.

I don't think they are rethinking Sanchez at #2 at all. When they are openly trying to trade him right now that should be a big neon sign that they don't mind him being gone from the team. I don't think one bad game by Lynch behind a pretty bad OL not giving him much time to go through his reads and being a bit off on his throws is going to make them go into panic mode. Honestly I would bet most of their analysis on these QB's is more from practice than the limited throws in these games. Lynch getting the entire game this Thursday has more to do with just getting him as many snaps as possible before the season trying to speed up his growth so he can maybe start sometime this season.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like if Sanchez lowers his cap figure we may have a deal with Dallas.

My question is this.

What do we gain by trading him and not cutting him?

If we cut him we get our 7th back, if we trade him we get probably a 7th. Or

Is it... If we trade him we keep our 7th and gain a 7th?

I wonder if Philly would still get our 7th if we trade him or how the terminology was set up.

From what I understand the 7th to Philly ONLY happens if Sanchez is on our roster when we have our final 53. So if we trade him we get our 7th back and whatever we get in the trade. That would be pretty incredible if Elway can not only get more out of the deal than what we put in from the beginning plus get back what we put in the beginning. Plus the language in his contract says that if another team pays him at least $1 million this upcoming season we get our $1 million that we already gave him back. So we could walk away with an extra draft pick and the full $4.5 million in cap space.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I understand the 7th to Philly ONLY happens if Sanchez is on our roster when we have our final 53. So if we trade him we get our 7th back and whatever we get in the trade. That would be pretty incredible if Elway can not only get more out of the deal than what we put in from the beginning plus get back what we put in the beginning. Plus the language in his contract says that if another team pays him at least $1 million this upcoming season we get our $1 million that we already gave him back. So we could walk away with an extra draft pick and the full $4.5 million in cap space.

That is what I was thinking.

Funny to think we could make out with an extra 7th round pick out of this Sanchez move.

Not that, that is a huge feat or anything, but it's sorta like trading your penny in and making a quarter. ;)

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd be surprised if the NFL lets you trade for a player then turn around and trade him again and not have to give up the original draft pick.

We shall see.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is what I was thinking.

Funny to think we could make out with an extra 7th round pick out of this Sanchez move.

Not that, that is a huge feat or anything, but it's sorta like trading your penny in and making a quarter. ;)

I hope it happens! Just another showing of Elway the GM is pretty darn impressive. Honestly I do still hope that what happens is Sanchez takes the pay cut and sticks around. There is not another 3rd string QB that could be better than Sanchez for this team since he knows the players and the playbook. I also don't think another team is going to offer him probably more than what we would for a pay cut. Helps the Broncos and gives Sanchez job security for another year.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be surprised if the NFL lets you trade for a player then turn around and trade him again and not have to give up the original draft pick.

We shall see.

Well I've been reading on the situation and some people I trust to be in the know have said that this is how it would work out. That the language in the trade was pretty much that all it took for the Eagles to get the 7th round pick was for him to be on OUR 53-man roster. If not then we get the pick back.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the trade was for a 7th round condition based upon Sanchez being on the week 1 Denver Broncos roster right?

It has happened before. I don't believe the terms were if he was traded the pick was still Philly's. Could be wrong.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teddy Bridgewater goes down in practice today. Put the Vikings into the Sanchez Sweepstakes.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free agent QB TJ Yates (ACL) has been fully cleared, source said. With several teams needing QBs, this is one to watch.