• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mark Jackson -- LeBron Stooge?

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought this merited it's own thread... I didn't realize that Mark Jackson was a client of Klutch Sports.

Terrible look, Mr Jackson.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,205.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see him getting the Lakers job easily if Walton is fired. Prefer him over D-Fish too.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see him getting the Lakers job easily if Walton is fired. Prefer him over D-Fish too.
We'll see what LeBron's decision is on that front.

That's a separate issue, though... what about Jackson and journalistic ethics?

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Jackson is no stranger to weak commentary and questionable takes... but my ears definitely perked up when he likened Ivica Zubac to a young Marc Gasol last night. I was like, "wtf?"... I even commented on it in the general thread.

SVG immediately chimed in and said something like, "That's a nice sentiment and all, Mark... but Zubac is going to have to show a lot more in terms of defense and passing to earn that kind of comparison."

It all makes sense now, though... Jackson is in bed with Klutch and LeBron, and is probably eyeing the LAL head coaching job. Also: Jackson has no integrity or ethics.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A position may be available shortly.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its pretty disgraceful that a commentator who is supposed to be unbiased is pushing the agenda of his agent on national television in a see thru attempt to curry favor with the organization he wants to be hired by.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been lobbying for the Lakers job since the start of the season, even going as far to somehow bring up and praise the Lakers in games they aren't even playing in. People picked up on it to where he had to dial it back so he started complimenting Walton at times as well. But its obvious he's just sucking up to Lebron and Magic. He hasn't gotten a job since the Warriors fired him, largely because he built a bad reputation for how he treated his assistants, so now he wants that Lebron "Yes Man" role because he knows he can just sit on the bench, defer to Lebron and ride it to a championship

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its pretty disgraceful that a commentator who is supposed to be unbiased is pushing the agenda of his agent on national television in a see thru attempt to curry favor with the organization he wants to be hired by.

And it's backfiring on him bigly. He took it too far, gotta be more discreet. Now this thread is being repeated all over Twitter and Magic does read it.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A position may be available shortly.

Did you note the veterans that were in that discussion? It's a group of guys lucky to have a job due to their questionable histories.

That said, I was furious watching with Walton as left guys like Lance and Beasley in there in the fourth as any chance at the game faded away from them. Put the right guys in the game already. Walton's substitution patterns have been confounding at times.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Jackson is no stranger to weak commentary and questionable takes... but my ears definitely perked up when he likened Ivica Zubac to a young Marc Gasol last night. I was like, "wtf?"... I even commented on it in the general thread.

SVG immediately chimed in and said something like, "That's a nice sentiment and all, Mark... but Zubac is going to have to show a lot more in terms of defense and passing to earn that kind of comparison."

It all makes sense now, though... Jackson is in bed with Klutch and LeBron, and is probably eyeing the LAL head coaching job. Also: Jackson has no integrity or ethics.

Comparing him to a young Marc Gasol isn't that far off. Remember, Marc was drafted at the tail end of the 1st round. His emergence was a big reason that someone like Zubac was drafted at the tail end of the first round. Gasol didn't come over to the NBA until the season after he was traded for his brother in 2008 at age 23. He got starters' minutes with the Grizz and averaged 12/7/1 in 30.7 minutes. Zubac was drafted at age 18 and is still only 21, averaging 8.5/5/.8 in only 15.5 minutes. At his age, Marc was averaging 11/6/1 in 23 minutes for Liga ACB, his first year of big minutes in Euroleague.

His take on the trade was surprising though. I didn't realize he was with the agency, bad look for him to make that public opinion.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comparing him to a young Marc Gasol isn't that far off. Remember, Marc was drafted at the tail end of the 1st round. His emergence was a big reason that someone like Zubac was drafted at the tail end of the first round. Gasol didn't come over to the NBA until the season after he was traded for his brother in 2008 at age 23. He got starters' minutes with the Grizz and averaged 12/7/1 in 30.7 minutes. Zubac was drafted at age 18 and is still only 21, averaging 8.5/5/.8 in only 15.5 minutes. At his age, Marc was averaging 11/6/1 in 23 minutes for Liga ACB, his first year of big minutes in Euroleague.
We don't have to go round and round on this point... you and I don't see eye-to-eye on Zubac and his potential... which is cool, agree to disagree.

Stat's are inflated in today's NBA... but put that aside: Zubac doesn't pass the eyeball test, to me... he can't move his feet and guard in the new NBA. He's always gonna be a defensive liability the same way Isaiah Thomas is always gonna be a defensive liability.
shopson said:
His take on the trade was surprising though. I didn't realize he was with the agency, bad look for him to make that public opinion.
:suds:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't have to go round and round on this point... you and I don't see eye-to-eye on Zubac and his potential... which is cool, agree to disagree.

Stat's are inflated in today's NBA... but put that aside: Zubac doesn't pass the eyeball test, to me... he can't move his feet and guard in the new NBA. He's always gonna be a defensive liability the same way Isaiah Thomas is always gonna be a defensive liability.

Gasol has some of the slowest feet in the league though, a big reason why he's not as effective in this latest version of the NBA. Zubac does a great job of typically going straight up with good results. He's a solid post defender. He's always going to struggle on switches, and got destroyed on a few in that Warriors game. His team has to help him out with those; very few centers are going to match up with Curry and not get embarrassed.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gasol has some of the slowest feet in the league though, a big reason why he's not as effective in this latest version of the NBA. Zubac does a great job of typically going straight up with good results. He's a solid post defender. He's always going to struggle on switches, and got destroyed on a few in that Warriors game. His team has to help him out with those; very few centers are going to match up with Curry and not get embarrassed.
The problems being that post defense is de-emphasized in the modern NBA, defending in space and against switches (OTOH) is super-emphasized, and Zubac's weaknesses here are to a large degree and never gonna change.

Especially in the playoffs, teams are gonna zero in on a weak link like Zubac and hammer on him over and over and over again... just like what happened to the Celtics and Isaiah Thomas a couple years back.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problems being that post defense is de-emphasized in the modern NBA, defending in space and against switches (OTOH) is super-emphasized, and Zubac's weaknesses here are to a large degree and never gonna change.

Especially in the playoffs, teams are gonna zero in on a weak link like Zubac and hammer on him over and over and over again... just like what happened to the Celtics and Isaiah Thomas a couple years back.

I agree, but all of that same stuff applies to Marc Gasol. Gasol has added a perimeter shot in his later years, something Zubac will need to do as well.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been telling everyone around here for years that Mark Jackson is just a shill. His fraudulent behavior seems to just now be shocking people on the internet.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but all of that same stuff applies to Marc Gasol. Gasol has added a perimeter shot in his later years, something Zubac will need to do as well.
I don't remember Gasol (when he was younger and before injury issues) being quite the defensive liability that Zubac is... some of that is how the NBA has changed since then, but some of it Zubac being a complete stiff (IMO)... that aside, fair enough.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see what LeBron's decision is on that front.

That's a separate issue, though... what about Jackson and journalistic ethics?

Ding ding ding

Klutch Sports is ran by one of Lebron's best friend's. AD happens to be a client of said agency as does Mark Jackson. This is literally the definition of ethics and how Jackson is violating it considering he has a voice in the NBA world. There's also the potential chance that he could end up being the Lakers' coach once Walton is fired (it's going to happen eventually).

Never liked Jackson, this is another reason added to the list.