• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

March 12th is approaching… Will Jay and Brandon be here?

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if this 10-former-coaches report is true, I may want to change my answer about Jay. Doesn't seem good to go to that excess.

I don't believe a word of it.........if you can't put your name to it you must not be able to back it up. You are either covering your own flaws and failures or you are just a plain liar

C

cubzzzfanincali

well it maybe,but whse to say that one of those qbs would not be a good idea for a 2nd if they are worth it?

I`m all for another qb myself,but I really think we are gonna have Jay back.
Say if we spend a 2nd round pick on one of them,its one less year we have to worry about a qb.(especially if Jay falters again next season)

I know its a slow offseason so far,and the Cubs are a few weeks away,but hey just trying to keep a dead board going.

Just think the decision to draft a QB...and where...depends somewhat on whether they keep Cutler or not. Appreciate the conversation, but let's have it in a week.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="richig07, post: 6302453, I just think it's absolutely silly to assume one way or another. They've said they are evaluating the situation with Jay. I never said they support him, but to say they are against him is silly. IMO. That's all.
The fact they have not backed Jay says something.

Yes, it says that "they are still evaluating the situation". I never said they loved him either.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just think the decision to draft a QB...and where...depends somewhat on whether they keep Cutler or not. Appreciate the conversation, but let's have it in a week.
It really shouldnt. Passing on Winston or Mariota if they fall to 7 will be a mistake. I really dont care if he sits while Jay plays out the next two years of his contract with the rookie scale its not like you need to sign the Number 1 pick to a 50 million dollar deal like before.

I like Hundley personally who will probably be there in the second round, but with maybe 6 QB's being drafted to actually play quarterback, (some will be drafted to try out as a receiver) you really gotta wonder if you are gonna be as good as people think we can be this year, when will we ever pick 7th again?

C

cubzzzfanincali

ok, I am now going to amend my prediction. Instead of a slight nod to Marshall being most likely to be gone, I am now all-in. Did you guys see this from his Twitter feed?

I wish the Bears would try and trade me.. We gon have problems
1f620.png

9:03 AM - 5 Mar 2015

C

cubzzzfanincali

It really shouldnt. Passing on Winston or Mariota if they fall to 7 will be a mistake. I really dont care if he sits while Jay plays out the next two years of his contract with the rookie scale its not like you need to sign the Number 1 pick to a 50 million dollar deal like before.

I like Hundley personally who will probably be there in the second round, but with maybe 6 QB's being drafted to actually play quarterback, (some will be drafted to try out as a receiver) you really gotta wonder if you are gonna be as good as people think we can be this year, when will we ever pick 7th again?

IF Bears management considers Winston or Mariota BPA at 7, and IF either of them slip that far, then I would agree with you. I just don't want them pinning pick #7 into a specific position and we wind up taking someone more marginal because of it. 7 is a good spot, we need to be judicious about getting a Pro Bowl grade guy somewhere.

Anyway, again, I'd say let's just put this whole convo on pause for the moment.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To me it does not matter if jay is here or gone............I highly doubt we get one of the top two anyways,especially Mariott.it seems the Eagles are high on him and may do whatever it takes to get him
So that brings us back to the question I asked before"a qb with the 2nd pick".
Cause if you ask me,I thin k it would be a damn good idea if one of those three are worth it.

I don`t know that's why I was asking.

it does not matter whether Jay is here or not,his time has now passesd as a bear.
We all know this.
And the only reason he is still here is cause of that ridiculous contract he got last season.
and I probably one of the very few that didn`t want him here last season................even in the offseason,his name keeps being brought up,not just here on the boards,but in the bears office.
And if they were very confident with him,this would not be happening.......

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, I am now going to amend my prediction. Instead of a slight nod to Marshall being most likely to be gone, I am now all-in. Did you guys see this from his Twitter feed?

I wish the Bears would try and trade me.. We gon have problems
1f620.png

9:03 AM - 5 Mar 2015

No I didn`t see it.I don`t read that stuff unitl you guys post it on this site..

And yeah,sounds to me theres something going on there.

I hope not,just another place to fill if we do.

The top free agents left would be :
Cobb
maclin and Torrey Smith

I guess the first two would be good if they would sign (give or take) what Marshall is getting now.

We just can`t spend a ton of money there.

I wonder if this is why hartline was here?

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I didn`t see it.I don`t read that stuff unitl you guys post it on this site..

And yeah,sounds to me theres something going on there.

I hope not,just another place to fill if we do.

The top free agents left would be :
Cobb
maclin and Torrey Smith

I guess the first two would be good if they would sign (give or take) what Marshall is getting now.

We just can`t spend a ton of money there.

I wonder if this is why hartline was here?

Aye aye aye aye.................:gaah:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To the Jets for a carton Kool's and a pack of Grape Big-League Chew. :L

C

cubzzzfanincali

and I probably one of the very few that didn`t want him here last season..

You can safely say you told us so, because you did. It might shock Joey to learn that I actually defended the signing. Seems hard to believe now.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can safely say you told us so, because you did. It might shock Joey to learn that I actually defended the signing. Seems hard to believe now.

there were a lot of guys that defended him last season,and still a few now.

But hey,everyone is differently opinionated and it all good.

Still enjoy all the banter that goes on here.......:suds:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every season since the Grade 2 ACL, NFCCG has been a harder to pill to swallow. I didn't think it could get worse than that NFCCG. It did. It has. As we continued to miss the playoffs by ways like, losing week 17 to the Packers on the last fucking play of the game. Or playing some of the best ball in the league, only to see Cutler break his thumb in the gheyest of ways and the team go on to lose to 4 of the worst teams in the league...Timmy Tebow, anyone?

If we are in rebuild mode, than be in rebuild mode.

Blow the whole fucking thing up.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
differently opinionated...:L now that's comedy gold.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Everything changed when Marshall stopped taking the blame for every bad pass Cutler threw and stopped kissing his ass. I highly doubt every one was completely Marshalls fault. Jeffrey took a step back, third receiver never really developed, Bennet made catches on balls that were three feet over his head, like marshall used to.

Up until that point, Marshall could do no wrong.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything changed when Marshall stopped taking the blame for every bad pass Cutler threw and stopped kissing his ass. I highly doubt every one was completely Marshalls fault. Jeffrey took a step back, third receiver never really developed, Bennet made catches on balls that were three feet over his head, like marshall used to.

Up until that point, Marshall could do no wrong.

Well that was stupid

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone still think Jay might be cut loose? His guaranteed money kicks in on Tuesday if he's still on the team.

I saw a speculative report that the Titans might be a landing spot, but no one seems to be "talking it up" as a real possibility. Given Jay's reputation (real, unfair, or justifiable), it wouldn't surprise me if some QB-needy teams might be trying to lowball the Bears on a deal by "talking down" Jay.

I think at this point he stays on the Bears. But since I was wrong about Marshall, I don't know.

C

cubzzzfanincali

his guaranteed money kicks in on Thursday, not tomorrow. The other crucial aspect about Thursday is that if they don't trade him by them, they basically have to absorb his cap hit even if they were to later trade him elsewhere. Meaning it makes no sense for them to trade him after Thursday. So if you wake up Friday and he is still here, then he's your 2015 and 2016 Bears QB.

Is there a chance we will trade him? Yeah, I'd say definitely a chance. I wouldn't bet on anything happening...maybe like 35% chance of us finding an acceptable trade. But it is not at all out of the question.