• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

looking ahead......

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some FA arms.....we got cj....oswalt...edwin jackson..buerhle..iwakuma(no posting fee)...kuroda...... and for closers if we wanna move feliz to SP....we have k-rod..paps...capps..nathan..madson..bell..broxton.....so we will have tons of options

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well looking at the bullpen: i want to leave it pretty much alone except we need to ship Uehara back to Baltimore like he wants, then re-sign Michael Gonzalez. and i would prefer another left-hand reliever instead of Oliver, maybe Javier Lopez.

as far as the rotation goes: i prefer we keep CJ but i personally would rather have Oswalt in our rotation over Colby but if they decide to keep colby i won't complain.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well if we lose cj....i would say my dream scenario would be to land oswalt(cheap nothing crazy) and then take a shot on broxton move feliz and use the savings to get prince fielder to play 1st for years to come.... b2b championship ;)

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to explore moving Feliz to the rotation and putting Adams in at closer, and look into replacing Oliver in the bullpen

Uehara has proven himself to be a solid reliever, he's just had a bad run here, I'd like to give him another shot

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm going after a first baseman then I'd rather have Pujols. He may be older but he actually plays defense at firstbase.

I want Pujols and the Japanese Ace! I know it's a lot of money but I'm not sure exactly how the club would look at it if we did get him. Would they consider the bid money as part of his salary or would they just write it off? If they just write it off then that would give us more money to make other moves.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would pass on darvish and go after iwakuma who wont have a posting fee....last year his fee was 19 mil but didnt work out a deal with the A's so this year no fee

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also forgot about kazmir...could be our annual webb/harden deal and isnt he only like 28 or so...could bounce back???

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kazmir is pretty much done IMO

Injury and consistency issues are abundant, even when healthy he's been lousy for a while

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kazmir is pretty much done IMO

Injury and consistency issues are abundant, even when healthy he's been lousy for a while

yeah i wouldnt really want him..but his name is on the FA list so???you never know colby and other pitchers have bounced back and these ideas really only effect us if we lose cj just thinking of back-up plans since no game today

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I so hate FA spares talk. There are better prospects for long term value in the TEX system.

Doubt TEX pushes Feliz to SP again until he bangs on the door and demands the chance like CJ did. With Mike Adams on board there is no reason to deal for a closer.

TEX may offer Webb another deal contingent on him making the roster ... but TEX is in a position now where it doesn't need to live on dreaming and looking at old FA pitchers any more.

I so don't like FA talk.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i would pass on darvish and go after iwakuma who wont have a posting fee....last year his fee was 19 mil but didnt work out a deal with the A's so this year no fee

Other than Colby Lewis has there ever ... I mean ever ... been a Japanese league pitcher worth half of his hype for more than half a season?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I so hate FA spares talk. There are better prospects for long term value in the TEX system.

Doubt TEX pushes Feliz to SP again until he bangs on the door and demands the chance like CJ did. With Mike Adams on board there is no reason to deal for a closer.

TEX may offer Webb another deal contingent on him making the roster ... but TEX is in a position now where it doesn't need to live on dreaming and looking at old FA pitchers any more.

I so don't like FA talk.

until Feliz develops another pitch or 2 he's too predictable. same is true of Ogando, they need for him to work on another pitch to his arsenal.

i am opposed to offering Webb another deal because there is nothing to indicate that his situation is getting any better. a better option still comes down to Oswalt.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm going after a first baseman then I'd rather have Pujols. He may be older but he actually plays defense at firstbase.

I want Pujols and the Japanese Ace! I know it's a lot of money but I'm not sure exactly how the club would look at it if we did get him. Would they consider the bid money as part of his salary or would they just write it off? If they just write it off then that would give us more money to make other moves.

agree on Pujols but the Rangers are no longer interested in Darvish

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
until Feliz develops another pitch or 2 he's too predictable. same is true of Ogando, they need for him to work on another pitch to his arsenal.

i am opposed to offering Webb another deal because there is nothing to indicate that his situation is getting any better. a better option still comes down to Oswalt.

In ST Feliz was using a cutter, 4 seam, changeup and a curveball and from most reports was looking very good

All that changed when we didn't have a closer to start the year and Feliz was thrust back into the bullpen and went back to his predictable self, although he's been better lately about mixing in his curveball and the occassional changeup

I think with Napoli as his catcher Feliz would be forced to mix up his pitchers better as Napoli seems really good about forcing young guys to mix up their stuff

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree on Pujols but the Rangers are no longer interested in Darvish

I hate to say it but I believe that any big bat we sign could spell the end of Josh Hamilton. At least we'd have him for one more year.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
In ST Feliz was using a cutter, 4 seam, changeup and a curveball and from most reports was looking very good

All that changed when we didn't have a closer to start the year and Feliz was thrust back into the bullpen and went back to his predictable self, although he's been better lately about mixing in his curveball and the occassional changeup

I think with Napoli as his catcher Feliz would be forced to mix up his pitchers better as Napoli seems really good about forcing young guys to mix up their stuff

Feliz went back and forth between the SP and BP couple of times during ST. I don't remember him being thrust back to the BP. He didn't want to be an SP ... Nolan convinced him to try again ... he did but then Feliz decided he wanted back in the BP.

So if I'm management ... I wait for him to come back and beg to get another SP opportunity.

Maybe Napoli gets him to work over the winter on secondary pitches ... but he had them back in the spring just didn't believe in them.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where does Pujols fit in your budget with commitments for Hamilton, Cruz, Andrus, Kinsler ... and of course Napoli that has to be done?

i have no budget plans in this but according to the Rangers specifically Nolan, the Rangers are comfortable with a 35-45M increase over this season's 92M payroll. that's 137-147M for next year. now i have no idea what their plans are or who they plan on pursuing or who they plan on negotiating with during the off-season so we will have to wait and see.

of course like others i know what i would like to do but i have no say in the final decisions but what ever they do i will support.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say it but I believe that any big bat we sign could spell the end of Josh Hamilton. At least we'd have him for one more year.

maybe but i think Josh feels a lot of loyalty to the Rangers because of the rangers management and the players supporting him thru his problems.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually would not be suprised if the Rangers made a push at Big Albert or Fielder.