• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Look how much I bench press!!!!

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shurburtt was the first and main person to say Kirven to Bama. Care to guess where he thinks Fuller is headed?

Crzy was the first of the legitimate insiders to suggest that Kirven was 50/50 alabama and vt, not Shurburtt. Kirven had been very high on Alabama for the last year of his recruitment.... I even saw a pay video on scout where Kirven said his #1 was Alabama almost a year ago. VT insiders felt good about their chances because they trusted what they were hearing from their true to the good lord sources, but none of them were a 100% in the last month. It was 50/50 in the last week... And we just came out on the losing side of things. It happens in recruiting.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Personally, and I've been tracking Tech's football recruiting for quite some time, I don't trust any recruit (even legacies) until the day they sign up for classes. At that point, the player is locked into his commitment, and the program must honor the scholarship they promised to the player.

Remarks made for public consumption during the recruiting process, to include verbal commitments, are next to worthless in my opinion. Signing an LOI makes a choice appear to be more definite, but even then things can go south in a hurry if a player can't qualify. Attending prep school is no guarantee that a player will honor their original commitment even if they manage to qualify academically.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Crzy was the first of the legitimate insiders to suggest that Kirven was 50/50 alabama and vt, not Shurburtt.

Crzy may have been the first to publicly suggest to Tech fans that Kirven might sign with Bama, but if I had to bet, I'd bet that he got that info from Schurburtt. Schurburtt had been hinting at that possibility on Twitter prior to Crzy's public comments.

ImAHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Crzy was the first of the legitimate insiders to suggest that Kirven was 50/50 alabama and vt, not Shurburtt. Kirven had been very high on Alabama for the last year of his recruitment.... I even saw a pay video on scout where Kirven said his #1 was Alabama almost a year ago. VT insiders felt good about their chances because they trusted what they were hearing from their true to the good lord sources, but none of them were a 100% in the last month. It was 50/50 in the last week... And we just came out on the losing side of things. It happens in recruiting.

Shurburtt was the first to say Bama was going to land him, not 50/50.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Agreed. Nothing bugs me more than a bunch of Nervous Nellies worrying about what is going on in the mind of a future college student.

Just in case that was fired in my general direction, I personally don't follow or read the tweets of any high school kids or current Tech players. Waste of time reading x-rated bs....stuff I really don't want my kids to read if they happen to be looking over my shoulder.

But, as a follower of Tech football recruiting, I do follow a number of Rivals and 247 writers who know what's going on. None of those guys are "nervous" or "Nellies"...just guys with good sources.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just in case that was fired in my general direction, I personally don't follow or read the tweets of any high school kids or current Tech players. Waste of time reading x-rated bs....stuff I really don't want my kids to read if they happen to be looking over my shoulder.

But, as a follower of Tech football recruiting, I do follow a number of Rivals and 247 writers who know what's going on. None of those guys are "nervous" or "Nellies"...just guys with good sources.

Relax, that wasn't about you. It was a general comment about people who are worried about high school kid's tweets. Yes, there might be something to it if there is a clear message, but I often see people trying to decipher vagueness.

Like I said, it reminds me of those girls who wait by the phone, and worry about if they said the wrong words when they talked to that special guy. If you're that much on the fence, you didn't have them to begin with.

If the recruit wants to come there, they should come. If they want to go somewhere else, fine. I'll stand by Beamer's judgment on recruits, as he has a pretty good track record, and it's only getting better.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crzy may have been the first to publicly suggest to Tech fans that Kirven might sign with Bama, but if I had to bet, I'd bet that he got that info from Schurburtt. Schurburtt had been hinting at that possibility on Twitter prior to Crzy's public comments.

How do you know Schurburtt wasn't getting his info from Crzy? Crzy claimes to be a Lynchburg native, and that he knew the Kirven family personally. Why would someone like that need to get his info from Schurburtt?

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How do you know Schurburtt wasn't getting his info from Crzy? Crzy claimes to be a Lynchburg native, and that he knew the Kirven family personally. Why would someone like that need to get his info from Schurburtt?

Although I've never met Crzy personally, I've known him for several years, and yes, I know he's from Lynchburg. I also know how he's connected to the Tech football program and basically where he gets his inside information.

I'm not sure why you're trying to turn this into something confrontational, if that's what you're trying to do. I'm not going to let anyone draw me into casting doubt on Crzy or any of the info he brings to the table.

What I am saying is Schurburtt is well-connected nationally with more sources at his disposal than those available to Crzy. I'm not sure anyone can dispute that.

I'm also stating as fact that Schurburtt was the first one to publicly drop the hint that Kirven was going to end up at Bama. Crzy was the second person to say the same thing. If you want to believe Schurburtt got the info from Crzy, that's fine with me.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I've never met Crzy personally, I've known him for several years, and yes, I know he's from Lynchburg. I also know how he's connected to the Tech football program and basically where he gets his inside information.

I'm not sure why you're trying to turn this into something confrontational, if that's what you're trying to do. I'm not going to let anyone draw me into casting doubt on Crzy or any of the info he brings to the table.

What I am saying is Schurburtt is well-connected nationally with more sources at his disposal than those available to Crzy. I'm not sure anyone can dispute that.

I'm also stating as fact that Schurburtt was the first one to publicly drop the hint that Kirven was going to end up at Bama. Crzy was the second person to say the same thing. If you want to believe Schurburtt got the info from Crzy, that's fine with me.

I'm not trying to be confrontational, unless you consider me disagreeing with you as confrontational. I'm just trying to understand why someone would think that a guy like Schurburtt would know more about the Kirven situation than someone that claims to know him and his family personally. What better source can you get? Do you think Schurburtt's connections at Alabama or VT know more about the Kirven situation than the Kirvens?

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm not trying to be confrontational, unless you consider me disagreeing with you as confrontational. I'm just trying to understand why someone would think that a guy like Schurburtt would know more about the Kirven situation than someone that claims to know him and his family personally. What better source can you get? Do you think Schurburtt's connections at Alabama or VT know more about the Kirven situation than the Kirvens?
I can say that at 7pm the night before nsd KK was coming to VT...

It doesn't matter who called what we are all on the same team here...

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This place is for sharing info, not arguing over who's dick is bigger so quit it. Kirven is at Bama. What is the point of this. A lot if this conversation is going to get moved when I get home, FYI.
:rockon:

But for the record mine is the biggest. :dance:

jgHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for the record....mine is the smallest...but 2 inches at 200mph will hurt anyone!! ;)

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot if this conversation is going to get moved when I get home, FYI.
bring%2Bthe%2Bhammer%2Bdown.jpg

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here, talk about how cool you are here. Let me know if you all have a more clever title. I can edit it!

I am not saying that I don't want you all to talk shit, just keep it out of the sticky threads, or I will move those. I want them concise and at least quasi-on topic and I don't want flame wars on them.

Thanks - Management :D

Jhalf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I came in late, and actually thought we were posting our bench presses.. heres my PR's as of two weeks ago...

405lb

455lb
[youtube]76-WcLh6_VY[/youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus man that's impressive. Did you play college sports?

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I came in late, and actually thought we were posting our bench presses.. heres my PR's as of two weeks ago...

405lb

455lb
[youtube]76-WcLh6_VY[/youtube]

:shocked:

I was pretty happy when I got up to 65 pound dumbells on inclined flys!!!

Back to the gym.....

Last edited by a moderator: