• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lol at Nebraska....... Nothing else to say!

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska used to rule the Big 8, and then ruled the Big 12 until they had to start playing UT and A&M, then the wheels came off. That and the Big 12 kept them from taking NQ/UQ players. They started getting thier asses beat on a regular basis and ran off to the Big 10 - and it hasn't changed much.

What's wrong is that they were one dimensional under Osborne and that's caught up with them. The other teams are throwing it and passing it with equal effectiveness.

Nebraska's days of being a dominant power are over.

I don't know if they'll return or not since there's a lot wrong there now. The black shirt defense can't stop a nose bleed. The HC doesn't know Shinola from that other stuff.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how the old triple option has anything to do with the team's issues today..... that's fucking stupid.

This program needs a new coaching staff. Its that simple. The program isn't broken, it just needs the right person at the helm.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska used to rule the Big 8, and then ruled the Big 12 until they had to start playing UT and A&M, then the wheels came off. That and the Big 12 kept them from taking NQ/UQ players. They started getting thier asses beat on a regular basis and ran off to the Big 10 - and it hasn't changed much.

What's wrong is that they were one dimensional under Osborne and that's caught up with them. The other teams are throwing it and passing it with equal effectiveness.

Nebraska's days of being a dominant power are over.

I don't know if they'll return or not since there's a lot wrong there now. The black shirt defense can't stop a nose bleed. The HC doesn't know Shinola from that other stuff.

The preceding Texas slanted revisionist history lesson was brought to you by the same folks who thought they won the Alamo, and the letters S, T, F & U :L

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The preceding Texas slanted revisionist history lesson was brought to you by the same folks who thought they won the Alamo, and the letters S, T, F & U :L

When the Big 12 was formed UNL wanted no part of Texas or A&M. Look it up. They played Baylor and Texas Tech the first two years.

They met the 'Horns in the first ever Big 12 championship and gave up 600 yards of offense to UT.

They've met 10 times since 1996 with the 'Horns winning 9 of them.

Nebraska-Texas football series - HuskerMax™

Suck it.

UNL formed the Big 12 with the idea that they were going to win it a lot and have shots at more national championships, only Texas owned them.

So they tucked their tails and ran to the Big 10 where things got a little better but they're still out matched.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the Big 12 was formed UNL wanted no part of Texas or A&M. Look it up. They played Baylor and Texas Tech the first two years.

They met the 'Horns in the first ever Big 12 championship and gave up 600 yards of offense to UT.

They've met 10 times since 1996 with the 'Horns winning 9 of them.

Nebraska-Texas football series - HuskerMax™

Suck it.

UNL formed the Big 12 with the idea that they were going to win it a lot and have shots at more national championships, only Texas owned them.

So they tucked their tails and ran to the Big 10 where things got a little better but they're still out matched.

If ancient debatable history gets you through your less than stellar life, then by all means go on. But know this, the rest of America has moved on... :L:L

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't usually defend Nebraska, but I'm pretty sure they would have pushed Texas' shit in if their coaching circus wouldn't have started when it did. I know Tejas would love to believe Nebraska was never legit... But one of those teams handled the South Florida kids of the 90s with impressive results, and it sure as hell warnt Texas.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't usually defend Nebraska, but I'm pretty sure they would have pushed Texas' shit in if their coaching circus wouldn't have started when it did. I know Tejas would love to believe Nebraska was never legit... But one of those teams handled the South Florida kids of the 90s with impressive results, and it sure as hell warnt Texas.

Texas beat Tom Osbourne, you know this, right? Coaching really never seemed to matter.

KSU has had Texas' number no matter how much better Texas was. Texas had Nebraska's number......thats just the way it goes sometimes. NU lost to some really shitty Texas teams......and early in the "rivalry" of sorts to some mediocre teams.

Last edited by a moderator:

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL... On his way out thr door. And you dodged them in 97 by not being good enough to see them on the field. Doesn't seem like Texas had much to do with their decline at all really.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL... On his way out thr door. And you dodged them in 97 by not being good enough to see them on the field. Doesn't seem like Texas had much to do with their decline at all really.

Never said that we caused their decline. I said we've beaten them nearly 100% of the time we've played them regardless of whether we had a good team or not.

Sometimes it just shakes out that way. Hell they lost at home to GARRETT GILBERT, one of the biggest busts in Texas history. I can't explain why we always beat them......we just do.

Just like I can't explain why we always find a way to lose to KSU.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever. I think it was reasonable for me to assume that you were implying...

You guys never played each other in your primes. The Huskers were as mediocre as Texas was most of those seasons. You didn't play them in 97, or the best year they had with Crouch. IMO it was the rivalry that never happened due to shitty timing.