• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LIV vs PGA

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because their players demand it.

The PGA tour would be perfectly happy keeping all the money for themselves and just giving out trophies if the players would go along with it.
And why are the players suddenly demanding more money?

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you can't blame someone for taking the money, especially that amount.

Merger is dead?

I can blame someone who already has hundreds of millions.

Fish

Hoopla Cash
$ 630.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can blame someone who already has hundreds of millions.
That's extremely silly. If someone offered you twice, 5 times, 10 times the money you make now to go and do the same thing somewhere else you'd say no? If you said yes under your way of thinking someone on food stamps would have to right to hate you like you hate LIV.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's extremely silly. If someone offered you twice, 5 times, 10 times the money you make now to go and do the same thing somewhere else you'd say no? If you said yes under your way of thinking someone on food stamps would have to right to hate you like you hate LIV.
I think there is a loyalty aspect there but I am not sure who the loyalty is supposed to be to...

I agree that the money is just too good to pass up by anyone.

but who are the players playing for? Themselves? The fans? I think it is the former. They could probably care less what the fans think...golf isn't like baseball or football...

I just hate that it is splitting up the game the way it is...but I will live...but I still don't want to watch LIV...it just doesn't appeal to me and I am not sure what will make it appeal to me to be honest

Fish

Hoopla Cash
$ 630.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bless your heart.
If the players were happy with the pga tour they wouldn't have left. They were complaining before LIV.

The PGA tour has assets of at least 1.5 billion, Monahan is paid 8 million per year. Not bad for a tax exempt organization.

The players were wanting a different structure and a bigger piece of the pie before LIV.

Reactions: ill

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the players were happy with the pga tour they wouldn't have left. They were complaining before LIV.

The PGA tour has assets of at least 1.5 billion, Monahan is paid 8 million per year. Not bad for a tax exempt organization.

The players were wanting a different structure and a bigger piece of the pie before LIV.
fucking baby boomers, ruining everything

;)

Fish

Hoopla Cash
$ 630.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's all well and good. But not enough to functionally burn down the sport. It's not like labor disputes are a new thing to the world of professional sports.

You want a bigger piece of the pie? Negotiate for it. Don't just burn the fucking house down and take your ball and go home.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's all well and good. But not enough to functionally burn down the sport. It's not like labor disputes are a new thing to the world of professional sports.

You want a bigger piece of the pie? Negotiate for it. Don't just burn the fucking house down and take your ball and go home.
In most sports the athletes are unified together against the league. PGA has shown clear favoritism, buying their favor derailing any hope of actual negotiations. Complaints of favoritism and bad compensation has been there for many of the players for years. PGA and Monahan's response was to tell the non hand picked players to go fuck themselves.

Had the PGA been willing to negotiate LIV never happens. You can hate LIV and where it's money comes from, but PGA helped bring all of this about. They are not blameless for this result.

Fish

Hoopla Cash
$ 630.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It appears no one paid attention or gave a fuck what the disgruntled golfers wanted until they started leaving.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In most sports the athletes are unified together against the league. PGA has shown clear favoritism, buying their favor derailing any hope of actual negotiations. Complaints of favoritism and bad compensation has been there for many of the players for years. PGA and Monahan's response was to tell the non hand picked players to go fuck themselves.

Had the PGA been willing to negotiate LIV never happens. You can hate LIV and where it's money comes from, but PGA helped bring all of this about. They are not blameless for this result.
To be clear, Phil's gambling debts caused this. If he wanted to negotiate in good faith, he absolutely could have. But he had zero interest in bettering the league. He just wanted a payday.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be clear, Phil's gambling debts caused this. If he wanted to negotiate in good faith, he absolutely could have. But he had zero interest in bettering the league. He just wanted a payday.
I agree this could never have happened without Phil, but he did not create the opening, he just exploited it.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears no one paid attention or gave a fuck what the disgruntled golfers wanted until they started leaving.
that sounds like every job I have ever had.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was the opening.
LIV existed before Phil joined, and had a few join based on PGA, not Phil. Phil just made it worse. Greg Norman had a bigger part in getting the ball rolling than Phil.

Fish

Hoopla Cash
$ 630.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now it's Phil.

Not Dustin Johnson, not Sergio Garcia, not Westwood, not Koepka or any number of other stars.

Just Phil, he caused it.

You're off the rails here, you're as absurd as Brandel Chamblee.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now it's Phil.

Not Dustin Johnson, not Sergio Garcia, not Westwood, not Koepka or any number of other stars.

Just Phil, he caused it.

You're off the rails here, you're as absurd as Brandel Chamblee.
Without Phil, this dam never breaks.