• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Lions vs. Viqueens Gameday Thread

Valion78

SportsHoopla Noob
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Staff played well given the circumstances. He was virtually mistake free. I'll take 10 more games like that from him tbh. He didn't force anything all day. He also got very little help from his friends. Run blocking was very good in the second half also. (Kicking indoors should be better results next week. Scoring TDs instead of attempting FGs would be nice.)

When I see Derek Carr throw a game away by needlessly chucking deep it only furthers my appreciation of uninspiring mistake free football.

Stafford is learning to not give away games. We were winning the whole game and the defense was wrecking shit. The offense will come together. Tate let him down some today. Smitty is right Stafford did what was needed.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Staff played well given the circumstances. He was virtually mistake free. I'll take 10 more games like that from him tbh. He didn't force anything all day. He also got very little help from his friends. Run blocking was very good in the second half also. (Kicking indoors should be better results next week. Scoring TDs instead of attempting FGs would be nice.)

When I see Derek Carr throw a game away by needlessly chucking deep it only furthers my appreciation of uninspiring mistake free football.

Had to read first part four times. Thought for sure my dyslexia had gotten to me. Defense holds up and Stafford managing( hate that term) but making smart plays. I will take three or four made FGs

CJ would have caught that you know...

All second half and not just late as I read elsewhere?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford is learning to not give away games. We were winning the whole game and the defense was wrecking shit. The offense will come together. Tate let him down some today. Smitty is right Stafford did what was needed.

I can handle is innacuracy issues if he's not inaccurate high over the middle and short deep into double coverage. It's the turnovers that lose games. He doesn't need to win games when the defense is doing what it's doing.

He has an excellent punter, winning the field position game is how plenty of teams win games. Id support ours doing the same.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to read first part four times. Thought for sure my dyslexia had gotten to me. Defense holds up and Stafford managing( hate that term) but making smart plays. I will take three or four made FGs

CJ would have caught that you know...

All second half and not just late as I read elsewhere?

The run game? I felt it was there all day. Used at a higher frequency in the second half, highest in the fourth. Bell took over after Riddick(who could be my favorite player if he could stay healthy) pulled up lame.

Im not a fan of the term either. But Im HUGE on the style. Only time I need to see deep gambles is third down or second and very short.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota is awful against the run

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can handle is innacuracy issues if he's not inaccurate high over the middle and short deep into double coverage. It's the turnovers that lose games. He doesn't need to win games when the defense is doing what it's doing.

He has an excellent punter, winning the field position game is how plenty of teams win games. Id support ours doing the same.
Sam Martin is good....Just let him kick field goals and he will be hailed as the next Jason Hanson..

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did he kick field goals in college?(honest question)
No idea.....Did kickalious kick field goals in college? No idea. but I know one thing as a field goal kicker, you don't have to go to college to kick fucking field goals.

When did a talent of a leg become how smart you were for 4 years at a Unviversity.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appy State took away FG kicking duties from Martin when he was a junior and missed a shitloand of them in a row, many from short distance. He filled in for awhile as a Sr and made 7 of 10. Let Martin do what he does best... just kick the damn thing as high and far as he can.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will take three or four made FGs

In one game? Let's not get crazy. We've only made 5 of 17 on the year. I still cannot believe we are 0-9 from 40-49. That has to be a record. Or they made a mistake when they announced we were 0-8 before Prater missed his today.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you for the answer Waz.

If you know of a minor league system outside of CFB Id gladly watch it muzz. And kickalicious stopped trying to play professional football on his own accord.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you for the answer Waz.

If you know of a minor league system outside of CFB Id gladly watch it muzz. And kickalicious stopped trying to play professional football on his own accord.

The worlds biggest sport is soccer...."Football" Tons of talent out there, but we need a guy from a 4 year University with creditnals?

Somehow guys from South America and Austrailia catch on, but the Lions can't find one?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worlds biggest sport is soccer...."Football" Tons of talent out there, but we need a guy from a 4 year University with creditnals?

Somehow guys from South America and Austrailia catch on, but the Lions can't find one?

Our punter went to college. (Your mom goes to college - Kip Dynamite) so I asked if he kicked in college. Kind of a simple thing to wonder.

A lot of you fuckers read what you want to read 'round here. Prolly all the damn skittles in your rainbow lovin' diet.

Last edited by a moderator:

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our punter went to college. (Your mom goes to college - Kip Dynamite) so I asked if he kicked in college. Kind of a simple thing to wonder.

A lot of you fuckers read what you want to read 'round here. Prolly all the damn skittles in your rainbow lovin' diet.
San Martin is good.....I'm pretty sure what ever he majored in didn't make him a better kicker.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Martin is good.....I'm pretty sure what ever he majored in didn't make him a better kicker.

It may have provided some game experience. Last I checked, CFB is the closest thing to a farm league as they can ask for.