• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Lions vs. Viqueens Gameday Thread

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I gotta a lot of reading to do. Somebody do a brief rundown of game.
Defense good, offense bad, Field goal kicking ugly........All summed up for ya.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I gotta a lot of reading to do. Somebody do a brief rundown of game.

Great D, especially the DL. Not so great O... better than last week though. Staff wasn't bad. The OL was better. Prater made from 52 and was wide left from 50. He clanged a 44 yarder off the upright. Jury's out. I think he'll be adequate. Tate was a just little bit off... smitty will probably be happy to give you a complete rundown of his performance.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He fucking sucked. (One of the worst games Ive seen from a Lions receiver since Bryant Johnson left town. Kris Durham doesn't count. He's a roommate not a receiver.)

I'll elaborate throughout the week, when laker tells me I should slob some Tate knob.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bridgewater showed why rookie QBs have problems. The Lions defense was good again, it's going to be a dog fight in the North this season.
Stafford is trying to a be a game manager instead of a gunslinger. He needs to find a middle and I think he becomes a pro bowl QB when he does.

aar000n

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am worried about staford. His accuracy is really leaving a lot to be desired.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we could worry less about Stafford if they run the ball more.. Unless Calvin and Bush are healthy of course.. I think the blame goes all around for the lack of offense the last couple of weeks.. The receiving core seems to be laboring since those losses along with some of Staff's woes..

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The line is a much bigger problem that Stafford right now. I just don't get how they could be so good last year and so pitiful this year. No holes to run, no time for Stafford. I do agree with whoever said Stafford is trying to manage the game. It's not the way he plays and its not how this O will be successful IMO. He might as well be throwing picks if he's not moving the ball. And I would absolutely NOT prefer to have Hoyer. He's headed for a career stop gapping and backing up. Good to see you back Double Deuce!

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The line is a much bigger problem that Stafford right now. I just don't get how they could be so good last year and so pitiful this year. No holes to run, no time for Stafford. I do agree with whoever said Stafford is trying to manage the game. It's not the way he plays and its not how this O will be successful IMO. He might as well be throwing picks if he's not moving the ball. And I would absolutely NOT prefer to have Hoyer. He's headed for a career stop gapping and backing up. Good to see you back Double Deuce!

I wonder if it has to do with Lombardi. Maybe his scheme is messing with them. I dunno. :noidea:

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if it has to do with Lombardi. Maybe his scheme is messing with them. I dunno. :noidea:
This is where I point the finger.....OL blocking/Scheme must be different to lose so much time dropping back and reading the route/coverage.

On the other hand Our defense looks like all the sudden they are all Pro Bowl caliber. I credit this to Austin. Wide 9 goes out the door and all the sudden our secondary can cover WRs?

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If our offense continues to struggle, who comes under fire quicker, Stafford or Lombardi?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where I point the finger.....OL blocking/Scheme must be different to lose so much time dropping back and reading the route/coverage.

On the other hand Our defense looks like all the sudden they are all Pro Bowl caliber. I credit this to Austin. Wide 9 goes out the door and all the sudden our secondary can cover WRs?

Defensive compliment from Muzz...

Gonna get just a file for you. No need to waste money on a whole new set of drawers.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defensive compliment from Muzz...

Gonna get just a file for you. No need to waste money on a whole new set of drawers.
I give them when warranted....If they look like shit you know I'll call them out.....Praise and disicpline are corner stones....When used correctly changes are made.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give them when warranted....If they look like shit you know I'll call them out.....Praise and disicpline are corner stones....When used correctly changes are made.

Honest criticism is frowned upon in this establishment Muzz.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A compliment from Smitty...

Going in the file sir. I am imagining the offense and kicking department wil go in a different drawer?

I thought Staff played well given the circumstances. He was virtually mistake free. I'll take 10 more games like that from him tbh. He didn't force anything all day. He also got very little help from his friends. Run blocking was very good in the second half also. (Kicking indoors should be better results next week. Scoring TDs instead of attempting FGs would be nice.)

When I see Derek Carr throw a game away by needlessly chucking deep it only furthers my appreciation of uninspiring mistake free football.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If our offense continues to struggle, who comes under fire quicker, Stafford or Lombardi?

I will say if it needs to be simplified then do it. I may be critical of Stafford, but as a coach you have to adjust to your players. Stuff shit down their throat that can not produce it won't.

Wide 9 anybody?