• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Life as a Redskins Fan

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it makes you feel any better, my Son has Orakpo, had wore 98 in school. When Rak left we got him a Cravens Jersey last off season. :doh:

I like safeties. Landry, Sean Taylor etc. They are freak athletes.

Loved Cravens ability last season. He was awesome and rangy. Couldnt wait to see him at safety this year.....

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was pretty die hard. Its almost unthinkable to switch teams. I've been a fan for 27 years but the last 5 or so seasons have really been wearing on me... there is a also a suitable replacement.

stars could be aligning. I certainly wouldnt feel this way if the eagles sucked and didnt just win a SB.

I am not trying to be a Richard here. I moved to Long Island and worked in Manhattan about 20 years ago. I thought the move was going to be permanent so I was going to switch to a Giants fan. Just couldn't do it.

I switched to a Reds fan when the Senators left town, but wouldn't switch back now. I was a Flyers fan until the Caps were born. I couldn't switch again. I guess because you are not a fan from the city it is different although we have folks on here that don't live anywhere near DC and never have and they are fans.

There are other NFL teams I like for certain reasons but could never become a full time fan. As much as I know we are going to suck until they stick my old ass in the ground I am a fan. Soooo, you move on from Cousin's and root for the next guy.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is not a doubt in my mind that the Skins will be extremely active in free agency.

I agree... but I have seen this trend way too many times over the past 20+ years. I'm not falling for it this time. Being a Redskins fan is like the Jeff Goldblume line from Jurassic Park three.

First come the Oohs and Ahhs, but eventually there is the running and screaming.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not trying to be a Richard here. I moved to Long Island and worked in Manhattan about 20 years ago. I thought the move was going to be permanent so I was going to switch to a Giants fan. Just couldn't do it.

I switched to a Reds fan when the Senators left town, but wouldn't switch back now. I was a Flyers fan until the Caps were born. I couldn't switch again. I guess because you are not a fan from the city it is different although we have folks on here that don't live anywhere near DC and never have and they are fans.

There are other NFL teams I like for certain reasons but could never become a full time fan. As much as I know we are going to suck until they stick my old ass in the ground I am a fan. Soooo, you move on from Cousin's and root for the next guy.

Yep - I guess it is different if you never really lived in an area like DC. I have not lived in the DC area for almost 30 years, but I am still a diehard fan of all DC teams except the Nats (since they were not there when I lived there). Trust me - it ain't easy & during this time I have been exposed to several championship teams like Alabama, Lakers, LA Kings, etc. Doesn't matter - they are not my teams & never will be. The only non-DC team I adopted was the Angels since there were rt down the street & again I really never rooted for a baseball team in DC (God knows I would never root for the Orioles).

Oh well - rooting for teams like the Redskins, Caps & Wizards can just drive you crazy, but I hold out hope that if/when one of these teams goes all the way it will be that much sweeter (kind of like how it must have been for Cavs or Cubs fans recently).

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like safeties. Landry, Sean Taylor etc. They are freak athletes.

Loved Cravens ability last season. He was awesome and rangy. Couldnt wait to see him at safety this year.....

I really like Cravens also (& still think he might help), but I am not so crazy about him when he is driving 30 miles over the speed limit in residential areas while toked up & then portraying it as profiling. I also didn't like the idea that he could not even spare some time to watch the Skins play in LA while watching USC the previous nt. Where is the loyalty?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like Cravens also (& still think he might help), but I am not so crazy about him when he is driving 30 miles over the speed limit in residential areas while toked up & then portraying it as profiling. I also didn't like the idea that he could not even spare some time to watch the Skins play in LA while watching USC the previous nt. Where is the loyalty?

I have started to think Cravens really just doesn't want to be a football player for THIS team.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree... but I have seen this trend way too many times over the past 20+ years. I'm not falling for it this time. Being a Redskins fan is like the Jeff Goldblume line from Jurassic Park three.

First come the Oohs and Ahhs, but eventually there is the running and screaming.

hahaha exactly. But hey! They will be 9-7 maybe even 10-6 and exit first round in the playoffs assuming they get there.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a lot of finger pointing at Snyder. My question is why? Is there any proof that Snyder hasn’t been out of the football operations for quite a while?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hahaha exactly. But hey! They will be 9-7 maybe even 10-6 and exit first round in the playoffs assuming they get there.

If not, Gruden will be fired.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I follow him on snapchat.

He is a weird weird weird guy. He reminds me a lot of Devin Thomas.

He will be out of the league pursuing a modeling career or create a youtube channel or some dumb shit in 2 years.

He doesnt give a shit about being an NFL professional. He sits around all day and plays college football video games. Seriously a weird guy if you have snap chat I suggest following him to see what I am saying.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a lot of finger pointing at Snyder. My question is why? Is there any proof that Snyder hasn’t been out of the football operations for quite a while?

The buck stops with Dan. And by not having any kind of check brake in place as far as Bruce goes, yes this becomes all Snyders fault. Bruce has too much power, and Snyder defers to him. The only time we had a semblance of normalcy under Snyder, Bruce felt threatened and fired the check brake.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense meant but doesn't really sound like you are a Redskin fan. If you can just change teams ... of course why not become an Eagles fan now. Hell I was born in Philly maybe I should buy some gear .... but as bad as things are I have been rooting for this team for over 50 years. Not going to change now.

BTW I am really happy for the city of Philadelphia, my family and friends there. They have been waiting since 1960. I was alive and living in Philly then but too little to remember.

In fairness, can’t you see why people would jump ship?

If your wife cheated on you with Richard, would you stay?
Then she cheated on you with Dick, would you still say?
Then she cheated on you with Jane because she just likes to fuck with you, would you still stay?

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not bought any redskins stuff in years win or lose I'm always a redskins it's who I am and why waste time bashing Bruce when there so many other things to do if we fuck up we fuck up it's a game ..

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not bought any redskins stuff in years win or lose I'm always a redskins it's who I am and why waste time bashing Bruce when there so many other things to do if we fuck up we fuck up it's a game ..

Why are you a Redskin’s fan?

I am a fan of my wife. I love her personality, her look, the way we click.

I am a fan of Asian cuisine. I love the tastes and textures.

Why are you a Redskin’s fan?

We bash Bruce because we are amateurs who would quite literally kill for his job making millions. We bash Bruce because we are amateurs and can see he is a total dumb ass that continually lets his pride get in the way of his brain.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why even worry about it

Wouldn’t becoming a fan of another team make the worry go away?

Again, why are you a fan of the Redskins?

I am a fan because the Baltimore Colts left in the middle of the night. The next closest team was Washington, who my dad always liked but they became number one after the Colt’s departure. I was young enough to be influenced by my dad and have stuck with them since.

That being said, the insanity gets old. If your wife is a crazy bitch, truly crazy, no matter how good a man you are, no matter how much you love her, there will always be a line. This team is coming up on the line for a lot of people. Don’t blame them...empathize with them...because you should know what they are feeling...

AS LONG AS THEY ARE NOT PUPPETS.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness, can’t you see why people would jump ship?

If your wife cheated on you with Richard, would you stay?
Then she cheated on you with Dick, would you still say?
Then she cheated on you with Jane because she just likes to fuck with you, would you still stay?

My wife did cheat on me, I divorced her 5 months later.

Dan and Bruce didn't cheat on your wife. They are not good at their job. That is a big difference. The guy can root for whoever he wants, I said I am not picking on him. I just don't consider that much of a definition of being a fan. Much like I dropped the Cincinnati Reds when the Nats came to town. This is my city.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go ask a Tulane or a Tulsa fan asked them how it feels no matter how many wins you will never ever win a national title.. I'm a redskins fan 0-17 I am redskins fan 17-0 it's who I am and I will never change. Why because of a fuck up Gm or a coach I hate meh....my glory is in heaven and America not a Superbowl trophy

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I come in here to say my opinion and talk redskins but I would never stick I knife in me and cut the redskins out it's who I am so what if we never win a trophy we already won 3 I bet lions want 3 etc etc.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened? Are we talking about levels of fandom? and cheating wives? If so, well, Hometown team, and I would never voluntarily give up my "get out of jail" free card by divorcing her ass.