• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's talk about a epic new band

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love classic rock, but these old guys say and do stupid shit like it’s their jobs. Paul McCartney recoded with Kanye, for fuck’s sake.
I don’t know why Paul McCartney collaborating with one of the most popular musicians of our time is a stupid thing. In fact, I wish more musicians would step over genre lines to make music with other musicians they normally wouldn’t. Sure it was probably for another pay day, but that’s all pop music is for these days. Having said that, I would take Plants opinion over yours on anything music related even though music is so subjective. I hope you understand that and don’t get bent out of shape over it.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen man, I love Zeppelin, but I hate people mired in music. I have heard every Zep song a gazillion times.

I like hearing new music. Stuff I haven't heard at all or stuff I haven't heard infinite times.

Zeppelin is awesome. New bands that "sound" like Zeppelin are crap. It's 2018 ffs. I don't need to hear a Zeppelin tribute band.
Well, in that case, just about everything has been done...

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you understand that and don’t get bent out of shape over it.
173f4a52bb8f58924ef7d313896e67e8--aqua-teen-hunger-force-shake.jpg

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ftr, I don't like Queen, either, but that has nothing to do with Freddie Mercury being gay.. or maybe it does. He always struck me as someone whose act was more suited to Broadway or Vegas, than rock & roll. He did have quite a voice though.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ftr, I don't like Queen, either, but that has nothing to do with Freddie Mercury being gay.. or maybe it does. He always struck me as someone whose act was more suited to Broadway or Vegas, than rock & roll. He did have quite a voice though.
I think Queen is great in moderation. Well suited for radio play.

I wouldn't listen to a Queen album front to back but if they come on the radio in between random bands like ACDC and Fleetwood Mac then I'll almost never change the station.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, in that case, just about everything has been done...

Everything is influenced. Doesn't mean it has to sound like a tribute band.

I think music is at a great time and place right now. The internet has given access to bands that were inaccessible before. File-sharing and digital downloads have afforded fan's catalogs to grow exponentially. Prices as low as they've been in decades.

There is plenty of new music that sounds fresh and not dated.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, read the YouTube comments on their stuff and it’s clear where their “epic” rise to fame is coming from. There is a huge market for tribute bands right now. It’s the safest way to make a career out of playing music, if you are competent at whatever you play, no question you’d rather be in your area’s most popular tribute band than most respected/professional cover band, if you don’t mind going all out with the pretending to be someone else aspect.

These guys are exploiting that trend of “music was good in my day and I just want to relive that,” except they’re masquerading as a new and fresh original band, instead of doing the decent thing and going all out with the tribute thing.

They aren’t gonna shake that stigma with us who are critical unless they either find a new singer, or the one they have mixes it up and stops doing the Plant thing. They should also stop pretending it’s ‘72 with their act/costumes in general. They’d just be another band funding their own albums and tours if they did that though, so more power to them I suppose.

Last edited:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen man, I love Zeppelin, but I hate people mired in music. I have heard every Zep song a gazillion times.

I like hearing new music. Stuff I haven't heard at all or stuff I haven't heard infinite times.

Zeppelin is awesome. New bands that "sound" like Zeppelin are crap. It's 2018 ffs. I don't need to hear a Zeppelin tribute band.

There hasn't been a new Zeppelin song in almost 40 years. GVF sounds a lot like Zep, but they're also kids that to date have only released a few EPs. Give them some time to develop. Hell, Zep's first album was essentially all blues "covers". Zep stole riffs with the best of them.

Have you heard Rival Sons? They've developed their own sound after several albums. Their early stuff was like a game of "guess the influence".

Kings Of Leon used to have a retro feel; now they sound like watered down U2 or something. "Growth" isn't always a good thing.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sure think you have a strong handle on my motivations, don’t you?
You said musicians do stupid shit and cited a business decision George Harrison made as evidence. I’m merely saying, that’s terrible evidence.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said musicians do stupid shit and cited a business decision George Harrison made as evidence. I’m merely saying, that’s terrible evidence.

I said old rockers often say and do stupid shit and pointed to a musical collaboration that Paul McCartney was involved in.

What thread are you reading?

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said old rockers often say and do stupid shit and pointed to a musical collaboration that Paul McCartney was involved in.

Must be that multiverse thing. I could have sworn you said it was Ringo Starr that performed with Drake...

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:L I got better things to do with my time than get into a debate about semantics with you.