• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lester trade

DodgerLou80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been a Dodger fan for almost 70 years and if they give up any of the following players, Pedersen, Seager or Urias for a two month rental of Jon Lester, then i hope they never win another division title or World Series until the next century.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lester isn't worth it.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt the Dodgers would do that Lou, I wouldn't be worried.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed 100% with thread. However, I'd give them Matt Kemp, some dough as well as a hand job to be named later for Lester.

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fuck Lester, but IMO the Dodgers, as much as Id hate to see them finally win another title since '88, should absolutely be going all in on Hamels/Utley, even if it means dealing Pederson

would be a shame to keep wasting the efforts of one of the most dominant SP's in recent memory in Kershaw year after year

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Red Sox would be very stupid to make this trade... Why would the Red Sox want Matt Kemp?

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fuck Lester, but IMO the Dodgers, as much as Id hate to see them finally win another title since '88, should absolutely be going all in on Hamels/Utley, even if it means dealing Pederson

would be a shame to keep wasting the efforts of one of the most dominant SP's in recent memory in Kershaw year after year

No thanks, Dodgers need a relief pitcher more than they need another infielder. The requirement for any deal involving Hamels is said to involve at least 3 of the other team's top 4 prospects. No way I'd do that, even if Hamels would be under team control.

If adding another ace involves damaging the future then I'd rather stand pat.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Red Sox would be very stupid to make this trade... Why would the Red Sox want Matt Kemp?

I honestly think a change of scenery would do wonders for him, happens with a lot of players. He's seemingly lost a step defensively but he's still a threat with the bat, and playing in Fenway could be quite beneficial to him.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While I agree with you completely, appears someone in the Red Sox front office noted the team likes what he could be within the friendly confines of Fenway (whatever that means). Kemp had a breakout a few years ago because he was able to hit a lot of opposite field (right center field) home runs. From what I can tell, right center field is a long ways away at Fenway. The only other reason to consider Matt Kemp is because you lost Ellsbury and need a new CF?

I dunno, I would trade Matt Kemp for a box of condoms, a Dunkin' Donuts gift card and a fat, pudgy Mexican league catcher - I hope someone is stupid enough to trade for him.

But do not worry, appears Kemps' bloated contract has completely fucked his trade value - super:

Despite reports of a Matt Kemp-for-Lester deal, and rumblings of Kemp landing in Seattle, other clubs report the Dodgers appear more likely to revisit trading Kemp next winter instead of now. And a Kemp-for-Lester deal would be more complicated than it looks, because Kemp has so much money ($114 million) left on his contract and because, as one AL exec put it, "Kemp for a two-month rental [Lester] doesn't make much sense."

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kemp is cancer. Move him now.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make Uribe and his fat palms do it.

That'd be funny, having Uribe begrudgingly jerking off some Boston Red Sox upper management type to complete the Lester/Kemp trade. Sometimes you gotta be a team player....

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys see Uribe strike out on that slider Peavy bounced to the plate last night? :L

I had a little breaking ball in HS and I'm pretty sure I could strike his ass out right now.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kemp is cancer. Move him now.

Yes, watching him make 20 million per year to play right field and provide singles with the occasional double all the while batting .277 is not fun. Then throw his 94 Ks/8 home runs to date and he becomes a real fuckin' rally killer on a nightly basis.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys see Uribe strike out on that slider Peavy bounced to the plate last night? :L

I had a little breaking ball in HS and I'm pretty sure I could strike his ass out right now.

Yeah, even my wife who knows about as much about baseball as that fruitcake Liberace knew that was a shit at bat. And that's not the first time the Dodgers have had an awful plate approach this year, it's mind boggling to see a $229 million line up approach the plate the way they do at times.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, even my wife who knows about as much about baseball as that fruitcake Liberace knew that was a shit at bat. And that's not the first time the Dodgers have had an awful plate approach this year, it's mind boggling to see a $229 million line up approach the plate the way they do at times.

1-2 count. Peavy on the mound and Uribe at bat.

Anyone who's ever watched 3 innings of baseball knows Peavy is coming with a slider 2' outside in the dirt.

Don't swing, right?

Not Uribe! :L

Even Kruky had to laugh at that.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

God damn was i laughing so hard at him. It was at least a foot out from his completely outstretched bat and body lol. Thats why i love him though, he always swings as hard as he can lol.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1-2 count. Peavy on the mound and Uribe at bat.

Anyone who's ever watched 3 innings of baseball knows Peavy is coming with a slider 2' outside in the dirt.

Don't swing, right?

Not Uribe! :L

Even Kruky had to laugh at that.

And the pitch before Posey was set up for a high fastball and Peavy failed to elevate the pitch. Then, Posey clearly setup low and away. My point, it wasn't like Peavy was throwing well to him that at bat.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the pitch before Posey was set up for a high fastball and Peavy failed to elevate the pitch. Then, Posey clearly setup low and away. My point, it wasn't like Peavy was throwing well to him that at bat.

Yeah, you could hear that big baby Peavy whining about balls/strikes that whole inning. He's so fucking obnoxious.

I'm sure the BoSox would love to ship this guy as far from the AL East as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you could hear that big baby Peavy whining about balls/strikes that whole inning. He's so fucking obnoxious.

[MEDIA=twitter]493878821301395456[/MEDIA]

I'm sure the BoSox would love to ship this guy as far from the AL East as possible.

I think the Red Sox know they have the inside track on resigning Lester, so might as well loan him out for two months and get top dollar. Who cares where he goes. My two cents.

Last edited by a moderator: