• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lecavalier

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is that TB will buy him out. Anyone think we should be kicking the tires on him -- provided the price is right?

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Absolutely. I'm still really hesitant on letting Schenn and Couts be the 2nd and 3rd line centers full time. That's a part of the reason I wanted Briere for 2 more years if it weren't for the cap hit. I really think a veteran center is a necessity. As of now our top 3 centers are 25, 21 and 20 years old. Need a veteran presence down the middle.

Vinny can still play. Although at 33, I wouldn't want him for any more than 3 years.

I think a 3 year deal at about 4.5 per is fair but I guarantee a team will offer him something crazy.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is that TB will buy him out. Anyone think we should be kicking the tires on him -- provided the price is right?

It was brought up on the buyout thread. I like him, but like jjg said, we have a million centers.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'd be a good 2nd line center, and a kick ass 3rd liner. I doubt we over him the money if wants/gets offered.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I make the call. For a two or three year max deal...if the price is right. He gives you size (something Homer wants), he has won a cup, he is a legit 2nd line center who can run a PP and work with Schenn, Couter and Laughton as well as Giroux.

Honestly don't know what the price is going to be like. But I make the call.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure Flyers will look into it, but I don't see anything coming out of it.

Giroux, Schenn, Cooter, Laughton...Lecavalier. Something's got to give there.

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm sure Flyers will look into it, but I don't see anything coming out of it.

Giroux, Schenn, Cooter, Laughton...Lecavalier. Something's got to give there.

good problem to have right? i personally think that they should move schenn to the wing, i think he might be better suited there actually. but who knows.

i really don't think laughton has much of a future on this team. if they do in fact plan on sticking with giroux, schenn and couturier down the middle, there is nowhere to put laughton unless he becomes a winger. it leads me to believe he might be expendable in terms of using him as a trading asset

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good problem to have right? i personally think that they should move schenn to the wing, i think he might be better suited there actually. but who knows.

i really don't think laughton has much of a future on this team. if they do in fact plan on sticking with giroux, schenn and couturier down the middle, there is nowhere to put laughton unless he becomes a winger. it leads me to believe he might be expendable in terms of using him as a trading asset

I dunno. I don't like moving guys out of their preferred position. I hated when we used to do that with Giroux so I wouldn't want to do that to Schenn either. In regards to Laughton, we don't even know what we have yet. I'd hold on to him. As it stands now, he has to the lowest trade value of all of our centers because he hasn't played in NHL yet. I say keep him and his low cap hit and see how it goes.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno. I don't like moving guys out of their preferred position. I hated when we used to do that with Giroux so I wouldn't want to do that to Schenn either. In regards to Laughton, we don't even know what we have yet. I'd hold on to him. As it stands now, he has to the lowest trade value of all of our centers because he hasn't played in NHL yet. I say keep him and his low cap hit and see how it goes.

heh, moving giroux out of his natural position (RW) actually worked out beautifully.. but i agree w/ you.. in general, it' been disasterous when the flyers try to move people out of hteir natural positon (briere/schenn/carter).. i wanna see schenn play a bunch of center just to see what he can do.. he's really disappointed me so far.. i thought he would be a superstar center.. maybe this year he makes the turn

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
heh, moving giroux out of his natural position (RW) actually worked out beautifully.. but i agree w/ you.. in general, it' been disasterous when the flyers try to move people out of hteir natural positon (briere/schenn/carter).. i wanna see schenn play a bunch of center just to see what he can do.. he's really disappointed me so far.. i thought he would be a superstar center.. maybe this year he makes the turn

schenn has also dissappointed me. i know he's only 21, but people used to call him "the best player not in the nhl" when he was a prospect.

with schenn i feel like he's the type of player who if we keep him, will never really hit that potential we thought he had, but if we trade him, will go on to have an 70-80 point season and become a top line player. just how our luck seems to work out

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When this tam was playing its best was when we were stacked up the middle.
Id love to have Vinnie for the right price of course. We need to pick up a vet in the worse way.

Montreal and the Leafs will push hard for him

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Worked pretty well when they moved Gagne and LeClair to LW from Center. But I do get your point. As a rule players who develop in one positions should really be left there...

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worked pretty well when they moved Gagne and LeClair to LW from Center. But I do get your point. As a rule players who develop in one positions should really be left there...

I didn't know leclair was a center. Interesting.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa guys way too early to start questioning young guys like Schenn or Couts they may explode this year wouldn't shock me. They've had their moments and have it in them just need consistency.

love to have lecav but highly doubt it. They have a better chance of using the dough to fill holes and add solid depth. Maybe a guy like bolland would be a better addition if healthy cheaper and knows how to win.

Last edited by a moderator:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa guys way too early to start questioning young guys like Schenn or Couts they may explode this year wouldn't shock me. They've had their moments and have it in them just need consistency.

love to have lecav but highly doubt it. They have a better chance of using the dough to fill holes and add solid depth. Maybe a guy like bolland would be a better addition if healthy cheaper and knows how to win.

I love the guy but if Coots explodes offensively i will be very suprised.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
schenn has also dissappointed me. i know he's only 21, but people used to call him "the best player not in the nhl" when he was a prospect.

with schenn i feel like he's the type of player who if we keep him, will never really hit that potential we thought he had, but if we trade him, will go on to have an 70-80 point season and become a top line player. just how our luck seems to work out

My hope is that he'll be like Dom Brown. Highly touted prospect who got shit on by fans for not living up to potential and then exploded out of no where. Good thing the Phils never got rid of him.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My hope is that he'll be like Dom Brown. Highly touted prospect who got shit on by fans for not living up to potential and then exploded out of no where. Good thing the Phils never got rid of him.

Yeah, you're not kidding. The kid is very good.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may have to retract on the LeClair at center...I was sure when he was acquired that the thought was that he would be a 1st line LW or 3rd line Center. The hope was that Dionne would be a top line wing as well...that part of the trade, not so much....