• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lebron to LA

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at Simmons and James can play together but Ball and James can't....

Yup. Because Simmons and Ball are basically the same player.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would Lebron help the Celtics? Probably.. But it could also severely hurt them as well.. I mean look what this young team did without Hayward and Irving..... With those two back and Taytum and company I really want to see what they bring before I would bring in Lebron

The Celtics will kick the tires and due their due diligence but I really don't think they are going to put a lot of effort into it.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Celtics will kick the tires and due their due diligence but I really don't think they are going to put a lot of effort into it.

Oh I am sure they will and I wouldn't float anything passed Ainge... I mean he practically dismantled the entire team earlier so him at least considering James is certainly in the picture but I don't think they are serious contenders at all.

LA
76ers
Rockets

are my 3 picks it will come down to

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet you keep missing out the fact that Simmons would completely have to change his game if Lebron came to Philly. And I mean completely.

I'm not missing it. I'm fundamentally disagreeing with the point.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Because Simmons and Ball are basically the same player.

Right now they are very alike. Simmons is obviously a better scorer and finisher. He can create his shot better but he has one more year under his belt.

6.9 rpg 7.2 apg 1.7 spg
8.1 rpg 8.2 apg 1.7 spg

Even with Lonzo’s struggles shooting he is more likely to find his stroke much faster than Simmons, for his size he is a great rebounder too. Simmons is obviously the better player right now but yes they are alike.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I am sure they will and I wouldn't float anything passed Ainge... I mean he practically dismantled the entire team earlier so him at least considering James is certainly in the picture but I don't think they are serious contenders at all.

LA
76ers
Rockets

are my 3 picks it will come down to

STILL going with 6ers...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now they are very alike. Simmons is obviously a better scorer and finisher. He can create his shot better but he has one more year under his belt.

6.9 rpg 7.2 apg 1.7 spg
8.1 rpg 8.2 apg 1.7 spg

Even with Lonzo’s struggles shooting he is more likely to find his stroke much faster than Simmons, for his size he is a great rebounder too. Simmons is obviously the better player right now but yes they are alike.

Stats are a very poor indicator of play especially when you are cherry picking. Which is what you are trying to do here. And I like the "for his size" qualifier which essentially concedes that they aren't similar players.

They are similar players insofar as they are both distributors with very good court vision. However, that is where the similarities start to disappear. Simmons is a physically imposing player who can force his way to the basket and play with his back to the basket if necessary. Lonzo can't do either of those things. Lonzo MUST have an effective perimeter shot to be good PG. Simmons needs an effective mid-range shot to be elite PG.

And before the Laker fans come to defend Ball, I'm not criticizing him. I'm simply pointing out the difference between the 2 players. Both players can and likely will improve and how much they improve will ultimately define where they end up career wise.

So for NEXT YEAR, it isn't exactly a huge reach to argue that Simmons would be able to adapt to having Lebron on the team more easily than Ball based on their play last season.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You disagree with the fact that everything Simmons does best, Lebron will insist on doing?

If Lebron wants to continue to be a ball dominant player that has the run the offense through him all the time then he won't be going to the Sixers. Or the Rockets. Or the Celtics. Heck he'll likely stay in Cleveland if that is the case.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stats are a very poor indicator of play especially when you are cherry picking. Which is what you are trying to do here. And I like the "for his size" qualifier which essentially concedes that they aren't similar players.

They are similar players insofar as they are both distributors with very good court vision. However, that is where the similarities start to disappear. Simmons is a physically imposing player who can force his way to the basket and play with his back to the basket if necessary. Lonzo can't do either of those things. Lonzo MUST have an effective perimeter shot to be good PG. Simmons needs an effective mid-range shot to be elite PG.

And before the Laker fans come to defend Ball, I'm not criticizing him. I'm simply pointing out the difference between the 2 players. Both players can and likely will improve and how much they improve will ultimately define where they end up career wise.

So for NEXT YEAR, it isn't exactly a huge reach to argue that Simmons would be able to adapt to having Lebron on the team more easily than Ball based on their play last season.

who was gonna rush in and defend him? it's pretty obvious to anyone with a brain...

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"If Lebron goes to LA, it's going to be special. It's going to be a show again officially" - Stephen A Smith

- I highly dislike Stephen A and think he's a mouth piece but why only if he goes to LA will it be a show?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"If Lebron goes to LA, it's going to be special. It's going to be a show again officially" - Stephen A Smith

- I highly dislike Stephen A and think he's a mouth piece but why only if he goes to LA will it be a show?

Because the Lakers are the 2nd most successful team in NBA history and they've sucked for half a decade.

Lebron would bring the glamor back.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the Lakers are the 2nd most successful team in NBA history and they've sucked for half a decade.

Lebron would bring the glamor back.

so ONLY LA will be a "show?" really? No where else?

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

it's a coin flip deciding between him and Skip Bayless who's the least worth listening to...