• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers were embarrassing.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with G.M. Mitch Kupchak- Not just one of the best G.M.'s in the Association, but THE BEST G.M IN ALL OF SPORTS!

People drag his name through the mud here, over my dead body, and act like he is nothing more than a potted plant! He learned under West & Dr. Buss. Magic. Phil All that.

We don't need Phil because we have Mitch.

btw, Mitch talks to Kobe. And they talk to Son of Dr. Buss.

It's all good -in the hood.

D'Antoni got the new seven million dollar crib up in here!

Manhattan Beach! :cool2::welcome::thrasher::whoo::suds:

Lighten Up Francis - YouTube

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they were winning titles with a declining Derek Fisher. but i agree, they need a huge upgrade at pg...

Fisher was playing super in the playoffs. Nash wasn't. That's the story on that.

You guys get a better than decent PG and you win. You don't and you lose. It's pretty simple to me. Your loaded everywhere else.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is about the crux of the matter of it Geneh!! That and team defense on teh perimeter and penetrating, speedy guards which will be taken care of by obtaining a good PG.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is about the crux of the matter of it Geneh!! That and team defense on teh perimeter and penetrating, speedy guards which will be taken care of by obtaining a good PG.

I watched a couple of those games between the Spurs and Lakers. LA was WEAK at the guard position. Nash and everybody else who played guard for LA couldn't hit shots, couldn't penetrate and couldn't get the ball to the open man. And the guards were worse on offense.

Trust me, you guys need at least one good guard.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched a couple of those games between the Spurs and Lakers. LA was WEAK at the guard position. Nash and everybody else who played guard for LA couldn't hit shots, couldn't penetrate and couldn't get the ball to the open man. And the guards were worse on offense.

Trust me, you guys need at least one good guard.

Oops, meant the guards were worse on defense, sorry.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you Geneh and we pretty much get that but because of salaries and the CBA, unless a couple of things occur (see other threads for scenarios) the Lakers are pretty much stuck with what they have for another season.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Lakers current guards, it is highly unlikely that they will get any better defensively at that position. The injuries to Kobe, Nash and Blake took the Lakers first 3 guards out of the mix. They were trying to make do with the likes of Meeks, Duhon, Morris and Goudelock.

A healthy Kobe, Nash and Blake could help make up for the defensive weakness on the offensive end of the floor. At least if the Lakers couldn't defend an opponents guards, they would have guards that the opponent couldn't defend either.

However, because of those injuries, the Lakers ended up with guards that couldn't stop anyone defensively and didn't have to be stopped offensively.

I'm not saying that the Lakers would necessarily have won, but I don't think they would have been swept.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am glad I used the ignore button on Thumper but I still have to read his posts through others, he is worse than I even thought. Short Buss good, Mitch good REALLY?

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you Geneh and we pretty much get that but because of salaries and the CBA, unless a couple of things occur (see other threads for scenarios) the Lakers are pretty much stuck with what they have for another season.

Yeah, sorry, I forgot about the salary cap. That really sucks. You guys have all of those good players but you have to pay them enormous amounts of cash! How could I forget about that?

I believe that a decent experienced guard is all you guys need. Pao, Kobe and the rest of your vets could teach him what he lacks. He just has to be a good passer, penetrator, and decent on defense. He doesn't have to be an all-star, I don't think.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, sorry, I forgot about the salary cap. That really sucks. You guys have all of those good players but you have to pay them enormous amounts of cash! How could I forget about that?

I believe that a decent experienced guard is all you guys need. Pao, Kobe and the rest of your vets could teach him what he lacks. He just has to be a good passer, penetrator, and decent on defense. He doesn't have to be an all-star, I don't think.

I agree!! I don't think we need a point guard the caliber of a CP3, Parker, etc. With the Lakers advantages in the paint, a solid point guard who can at least slow down the Parkers, CP3's and Westbrooks and hit some timely shots would solve alot of issues!!

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although not really a point guard, I would take Shannon Brown back. To say that all the moves Mitch has made are not foolish is like saying Kobe really doesn't have HOF numbers.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bluepigpen, I like those old Rams uniforms a lot better than what they wear now. Those were the days. That's a good pic in your avi.

Back on subject. The Hawks' AD is an idiot. Just get him to trade you somebody decent like Teague. Shouldn't be hard to do because the Hawks' owners don't want to win a title, they just want to be in the black when the profit/loss sheet get tabulated at the end of the year. That's why the Hawks can never get past the 1st/2nd round of the playoffs.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks geneh, the player on my avatar is a fullback back in the day when I started going to the Colisium to watch the Rams, his name is Dick Bass. He played for the Rams from 1960 to 1969.

As for the subject, the Lakers need a guard like what Nash was not what he has become today. He does still have some offensive skills but with his bad back + he has no defense, the Lakers must turn the page. I want anyone that can help move the team and let Kobe when he gets back go to small forward. Little Buss and Mitch are a pair that I don't want in a poker game. They both are:bullshit::wtf2::lame::hellno::what::lm:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Geneh and Blue. We have the start of what you are asking for in some young raw talent. at guard I speaking of Meeks, Morris, and Goudelock who the latter they should resign. All three need more playing time and at the end there, Morris was playing some pretty good D on the likes of Parker but then would get lost on the O end of things.

Meeks needs to stay healthy and work on his perimeter shooting as does the other two. Goudelock shoud be resigned because you are not the MVP of a D-league for nothing and he has a good three and perimeter shot repetoire. He just needs more confidence on O. I also like his Defense and his night-in and night-out hustle.

So we have some good young players that need more work. Are they on the level of a CP3 or Parker? Not yet anyway. But if Kobe's prediction has any wieght to it, bringing those guys back would indeed be the right thing to do especially in light of the fact of our limited options.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree retro and with Little Buss and Mitch running the show, there is no more money for good players.

Thumper

The "winners" won't let me post.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am glad I used the ignore button on Thumper but I still have to read his posts through others, he is worse than I even thought. Short Buss good, Mitch good REALLY?

Why don't yo just stop hatin', Lake Havasu? You are insulting me everyday with out being man enough to argue anything straight up. Post after post of passive-aggressive chick-like insults. You are flat-out Trolling. You want to Ignore me, Bitch? Then do it. Don't talk about me in all of your posts, Drama Queen. :drama:

And you are a FOOL if you don't recognize that Mitch Kupchak is a superb GM! (but unless you are a stone-cold LIAR, you cannot read this post):laugh3: Cuz you're ignoring it...

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't yo just stop hatin', Lake Havasu? You are insulting me everyday with out being man enough to argue anything straight up. Post after post of passive-aggressive chick-like insults. You are flat-out Trolling. You want to Ignore me, Bitch? Then do it. Don't talk about me in all of your posts, Drama Queen. :drama:

And you are a FOOL if you don't recognize that Mitch Kupchak is a superb GM! (but unless you are a stone-cold LIAR, you cannot read this post):laugh3: Cuz you're ignoring it...

Mitch is not a superb GM by any means. LA is a superb market for anyone with business sense and the History of the Lakers itself makes players want to come here. You are trying to give to much credit to a guy that hasnt done much. Which players are you giving him credit for that has made an impact on winning titles?

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First Thumper I can't help but read your post, others quote you, second, I think you are flat wrong, can't change your mind but don't want to hear the dribble either, third, until the Lakers are fixed, we won't see the playoffs and then conversation doesn't matter because the Lakers are all about championships and nothing else, finally Thumper if you are a fan then you have to realize that there is trouble in Lakers land, you call it Jennie-Phil, others call it Jim-Mitch but reguardless, if something isn't done to elimate one or the other, the same drama story will stay for some time and the cancer will contine to grow. I won't insult you any longer but come up with a answer I can accept, not just the Jimmy-Mitch line.