• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers 2016 Season Thread

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nance out indefinitely with a bone bruise (more tests on his knee later this week).

Welp. That sucks

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nance out indefinitely with a bone bruise (more tests on his knee later this week).

Welp. That sucks

Yeah. Even if it's just the bone bruise, those can linger for awhile.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Randle tonight along with Nance being out against the Heat yet Zubac still doesn't play and has played like only a couple minutes in one game since being called up. I have no idea what Luke is doing. They claimed they called Zubac up due to the rash of injuries but he still can't even sniff minutes. What's the point then? If you aren't going to play him, just leave him in the D-League. It's dumb to keep playing this small with injuries when there's a healthy 7 footer on the bench. And if he's that damn green, leave him in the D-league, waive Artest or Huertas, and sign some free agent PF/C that can play more than 5 minutes a game.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Randle tonight along with Nance being out against the Heat yet Zubac still doesn't play and has played like only a couple minutes in one game since being called up. I have no idea what Luke is doing. They claimed they called Zubac up due to the rash of injuries but he still can't even sniff minutes. What's the point then? If you aren't going to play him, just leave him in the D-League. It's dumb to keep playing this small with injuries when there's a healthy 7 footer on the bench. And if he's that damn green, leave him in the D-league, waive Artest or Huertas, and sign some free agent PF/C that can play more than 5 minutes a game.
I agree play Z some minutes. Two quickly blown 19 point leads is not good.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree. Luke said he isn't going to judge this season on wins and losses, but on player development instead. That's fine, but players develop best when they actually play.

If Luke is worried that he's not ready and will get his confidence killed, then leave him in the D-league so he can just concentrate on developing his skills.

Having said that, in Luke's defense, these are winnable games late, so it's not like there has been much in the way of garbage time to get him minutes. Even though he's not judging them on wins/losses, you still have to go for the win, imo. Especially when you are in a slump like they currently are.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If player development is the goal, get Z in the game whether there are garbage minutes or not.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If player development is the goal, get Z in the game whether there are garbage minutes or not.

Agree to a point. I think they should be playing him, but these are winnable games and Luke has to coach for the win. If he doesn't feel Zubac can help him win, then he shouldn't be in.

However, why not put him out there in the 2nd or 3rd quarter? Or even early in the 4th? See how he does and give him a quick hook if he struggles.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nance expected to miss 4 weeks :(

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are up by 10 on Dallas at Staples. This should be a win. I wish I could watch the entire game but...

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are up by 10 on Dallas at Staples. This should be a win. I wish I could watch the entire game but...

I think you jinxed it. This got out of hand so quick. Dallas lead is almost 20 right now

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is bad when you are losing to teams at home that are really bad. I suppose, the Lakers aren't as far along as that surprising start had everyone to believe. This may be another crappy year like last year in the W-L column but we shall see.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is bad when you are losing to teams at home that are really bad. I suppose, the Lakers aren't as far along as that surprising start had everyone to believe. This may be another crappy year like last year in the W-L column but we shall see.
I recorded it. I guess nothing to see lol. I was sure I was recording a win. This is disappointing. We may have to make some trades. Getting tired of crappy years. This will spell the end of short bus and mitch.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Retro I think I was a little optimistic the first month of the season. Those injuries really shook them up. I still think they have it in them to play better. It's as if they are absent a leader on the court. Fingers crossed.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mot worried too much about the Lakers record. The current struggles were always going to happen, injuries or not. This is a very young team with the youngest head coach in the league. They are all learning. As I posted on the main board, these struggles were always going to happen. Aside from the injuries, every team in the league has either played them or has plenty of video on them.

Now, it's up to them to learn how to adjust to that. It'll happen in due time. As Luke says: "Gotta trust the process."

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mot worried too much about the Lakers record. The current struggles were always going to happen, injuries or not. This is a very young team with the youngest head coach in the league. They are all learning. As I posted on the main board, these struggles were always going to happen. Aside from the injuries, every team in the league has either played them or has plenty of video on them.

Now, it's up to them to learn how to adjust to that. It'll happen in due time. As Luke says: "Gotta trust the process."
. You find the current state acceptable??? I am sorry, but the record does matter. They are not playing well and not far along as they should be.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
. You find the current state acceptable??? I am sorry, but the record does matter. They are not playing well and not far along as they should be.

I disagree. They are exactly where they should be. In a lot of ways, this is a brand new team. Considering the fact that there was little to no player development under Byron, you could almost consider this the rookie season for all of the young core guys.

They are inconsistent, but you can see the talent. They remind me a lot of OKC when KD, Westbrook and Harden were all young guys learning the game.

We are 36 games into the season and they have 12 wins. Last year, they didn't get their 12th win until game #61. That's progress.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Welp. That sucks

Black and Robinson have been killing it on defense together. Didn't expect Robinson to be this good, we're missing Nance but not as much as we should. I would like to see one of them get 4th quarter minutes instead of going small with Russell, Williams, Young, Ingram and Randle. Gotta sit one of those guards until they learn not to take so many pull up 3's down the stretch.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Black and Robinson have been killing it on defense together. Didn't expect Robinson to be this good, we're missing Nance but not as much as we should. I would like to see one of them get 4th quarter minutes instead of going small with Russell, Williams, Young, Ingram and Randle. Gotta sit one of those guards until they learn not to take so many pull up 3's down the stretch.
You know the drill man, one player's calamity is another's chance for opportunity and success. The Lakers had every way to win this season in the terms of ending the season with a good crew of players. The only down side was we had to accept another season of losses in order to get them there, but now Ingram is already looking like a veteran player, Randle is a beast, Russell is getting into shape and Clarkson is fantastic. Lance is good and will be once he comes back and the Robinson/Black combination gives the Lakers some size and defense in the paint and Zubac is developing nicely as well. I think he is going to be a keeper as well. Really we have a lot to be excited about

Reactions: DJ