• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LA Kings vs Your New Jersey Devils: SCF Game 1 GDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
man clarkson was just pure garbage tonight wow so many chances and he does squat.

salvador gets the 2nd goat of the game...how do you step up like that when your the last d man?

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the play that wins it? Kings have a damned horseshoe up their ass.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
devils had more then enough chances to win this game....that could really come back to bite them. the 2 chances by clarkson then the 1 in overtime. fayne with the open net. parise and his glove.

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings clearly aren't as unbeatable as they looked going through the west, but the Devils have to bury those chances to win.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Came away with a bad feeling after that game. Can not finish. The Kings will be even better on Saturday. Devils should have won that game. If not for the lucky bounce, we get shutout. Next game is a must win.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonight was a rough one but so were our past two Game 1's.

If thats all the Kings have to offered then I think were in good shape. Kovy was a ghost tonight. As was Zach..well really everyone was except Marty.

Both teams didnt play well. Kings stole one.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah one thing to take from it...look at the flyers series. i wasnt really all that impressed with the kings play and i thought they stole the game just like the flyers. lets go pick it up the place should be rocking saturday night

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if there was one good thing about this game, its that the Kings are not that impressive. We played terrible tonight and took them to OT. The only thing that is impressive about them is there size... they were throwing us off the puck alot... but when we started hitting them, we took it to them. They just had the lucky horse shoe up there ass this game... every break went there way... pucks off the boards, cant get a shot off in a wide open net (happened at least 3 times), clarkson missing so many chances in the first.

Not the mention what the Hell Kovy? are you hurt again... you sure played like it (looked just like the Florida series). He was slow, no shots, no effort, was watching the play instead of being in the play.... and many times we were passing instead of taking a shot and it lead to nothing.... we need to get pucks on net... Quickie gives up rebounds, but we were never there to get them.... They better be ready to play Saturday, because this Kings team is beatable and I think we have the team to do it...

Remember, we lost the first game of each series anyway, lets win the next 4. Look at it this way, it can set up a Cup winning game 5 for the home crowd. :)

LETS GO DEVILS!!!! YOU GOTTA BELIEVE!!!! 12/16!!!

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gift wrapped that game. What else can be said? First ten minutes we looked jittery and all over the map, probably a little too amped up, and they capitalized. We had countless opportunities and did not finish.

We also didn't make Quick work enough. With 2 mins left in the 2nd we had 7 shots. I feel like we were still in Rangers mindset, guys hesitating and trying to setup the perfect shot instead of just ripping it. Marty, Elias, Volchenkov, Gionta all had great games in my opinion. Kovy, Zids and Clarkson were pretty terrible.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another loss that i don't feel too down on. Of course winning it would've been real huge but the Kings are here for a reason.

Just as we are here too. Can't fault Marty for being left alone, I mean, I fault him more for the first goal but on an island, the matchup usually favors the shooter.

Volz with the goal? 1. I luv it.... 2. WTF?!??! we need goals coming from our lines!!!

the $th line was good as always... they should be the first ones to raise the cup when the Devils win it... :)

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw the replay when I got home not sure if I want to write it up to nerves and bad ice or if we need an added jump.Any thoughts on inserting Larsson ,Tallinder ,Sykora all or any ?Still not sold on Harrold.Clarky needs to bury them hopefully he settles down I will say at times it looked like he was the only forward trying.Kovy and zack need to raise their games we need our top lines to play like our top lines.Secondary and defensive scoring us great but we need production from our big guns point blank .Marty kept us in last night can't let him down like that awful defense in ot

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering the same thing... If maybe Sykora should make it back in the lineup... esp after seeing the kings play last night... They werent dominate by any means and we could use sykoras shot, esp off of faceoffs. Harrold is coming around and he played good in the Rags series and didnt do anything terrible last night... if anything Zids is the one that has been playing bad... he can never stop the puck at the point.. it always seems to get past him for some reason... other than that, his passing is top notch... Marty on the first goal was bad, but then he kept us in it.... you cant blame him for the OT, just a bad decision buy our defense... I dont know why he steped up, Zubs was on the guy anyway, didnt need two on him... esp with no one else back....

I hope they calm down in the second game, because they didnt look good at all in the first, pored it on in the second, but they trailed off again at the end of the third... we gotta bury those chances when they are there...and last night, there were alot of chances, we just missed every one of them....

Lets even it up on Saturday and take the home games from them....

LETS GO DEVILS!!! YOU GOTTA BELIEVE!!!! 12/16!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.