• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kobe's Back....What to Expect

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The greatest player in the NBA since MJ is back starting Sunday night.....That's right.....VIDEO: Kobe Bryant announces return to the Lakers for Sunday - CBSSports.com

this is great news for basketball fans worldwide to have the most dynamic and intriguing player back in action. But now at age 35, coming off a serious basketball injury, the question remains what kind of player will Kobe be?

Here's my take. If you look at how he left the game last year, he was the best player in the game arguably. Still first team all NBA, averaging 27.5 pts, 6 rebs, and 6 assists, while single handedly carrying the Lakers to t he playoffs( A team that had quit on the season, except for Kobe, who guaranteed a playoff spot and delivered.)

But now a year older coming off a brutal injury, expect to see a completely different Kobe. Gone will be almost all the athleticism. The still quick first step, the occasional exciting athletic dunk, will be gone....But not his game. Expect Kobe to be kinda like a more skilled, more determined Paul Pierce. Kobe will still have the best skills in the game, and the most determination.

He'll probably still average 23 points a game 5 rebs, and 5 assists. It might be an ugly 23 points per game, but he'll still get it done, night in and night out. Kobe will still be a legitimate allstar, but no longer top 5 player in the game. Still top 10, but that's it.

That's my prediction.....What's yours?

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't expect much at first. He has to re-acclimate himself to his team. He won't be Kobe of old for awhile but I'm glad he's coming back this early. The west is deep but if they can get into the playoffs with Kobe, they always have a chance.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, was wondering where you'd been, Sman. Agree that Kobe's production might slightly drop off, though he himself said he'll mold his game around what he's still able to do. My concern is how he'll mesh with the team when he's inserted back into the lineup. Should be interesting...

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect Kobe will be 90% of the old Kobe. His health and age will be measured by his defense, as it is in defense that you see if he can handle the sudden cuts.

The Lakers should make the playoffs if Kobe comes back. They may even make the playoffs again in the subsequent two years (if they change coach and play some D)

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing will surprise about Kobe but this injury is the worst of its kind for a baller. He knows his limitations and doubt, after his 17 yrs, he'll try to do something he can't. Since he has an array of moves and incredible footwork, post-up game, he will only accentuate our teams effort. Biggest plus I believe is the confidence he brings to younger players and his overall iron will that can spread through team.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am expecting Kobe to cost us a few games until he gets acclamated. This team really plays hard and is playing good together. I like the chemistry and I like how they respond to the coach. Kobe has the tendency to be a ballhog and is not a good passer. With Nash out - the first few games really could be brutal to watch.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all depends what his flow, energy, and acclimation...this is his exhibition season so we know there will be rust. I'll go with his experience, savvy, skills that will hopefully lessen mistakes.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Immediately I think he is going to suck, he might get better but Kobe being Kobe is over. Kobe peaks at Kobe 65%.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless he continues to use PEDs...that could increase his % exponentially.

Sman, what is your take that Kobe most likely used PEDs and other illegal means to rehab so quickly?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's over for him. He is washed up probably will avg 15-20 pts a game. But considering that's all he does it shoot, it will be a tough half a year for him abd from here on out it is all downhill.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
15-20ppg...on 35 or 40 shots from under the basket? :laugh3:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect Kobe will be 90% of the old Kobe. His health and age will be measured by his defense, as it is in defense that you see if he can handle the sudden cuts.

The Lakers should make the playoffs if Kobe comes back. They may even make the playoffs again in the subsequent two years (if they change coach and play some D)

Pretty much agree and 90% of Kobe is still an All-Star/top 10 player. Spot on re: his defense. He's even said that he expects that will be the toughest part because of sudden change of direction, etc.

D'Antoni said that the Lakers will likely play some zone when Kobe is in to help alleviate some of that. This team has performed better than expected without Kobe and has developed some great chemistry. Hopefully, his return will make them even better.

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless he continues to use PEDs...that could increase his % exponentially.

Sman, what is your take that Kobe most likely used PEDs and other illegal means to rehab so quickly?

Kobe's never been a steroid guy, like players like Wade and Lebron. Kobe's always got it done with hard work and skill. I think that's what's so impressive about him, that he never used roids like Lebron and Wade....

Peace!

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my prediction.....What's yours?

you sucking off kobe until your belly gets its fill.

then for the first month you making excuses on why he is playing so bad. the normal excuses at first will do. you know.. he is still a little rusty. cant simulate nba speed during rehab. then as the months roll by your excuses for his fall off will become more desperate and laughable. maybe blaming the refs.. coaching... finally others on the lakers will be blamed for improper court spacing or not sucking off kobe the way he likes before the game.

this may go on for years. great athletes in decline are always hard to watch for nuthuggers. hey.. I did my time with Dan Marino. been there. you'll hit rock bottom with kobe soon. 35+ off major injury.. huge final contract.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe's never been a steroid guy, like players like Wade and Lebron. Kobe's always got it done with hard work and skill. I think that's what's so impressive about him, that he never used roids like Lebron and Wade....

Peace!

PEDs doesn't always mean steroids. PED = performance enhancing drugs. steroids is just one category of that. try to stay with the group.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The haters out in full force with lies and NO proof as usual

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect Kobe to go out with both guns blazing in a single minded quest to get the scoring record or at least surpass MJ on the all time scoring list.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect Kobe to be the Black Mamba.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect Kobe to go out with both guns blazing in a single minded quest to get the scoring record or at least surpass MJ on the all time scoring list.

He will pass Jordan with ease, he dont need his guns blazing for that.