• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kobe out 9 months

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had no idea that it would take that long.

9 months put him out until middle of October so he probably won't be ready for the season opener most likely.

I wonder if he's going to call a quit in the summer.

As much as I dislike him I hope he doesn't...always suck to see a player last play ever being an injury.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...I didn't know recover time would be that long either.

Agree 100%.

I hate that Dude.

But, I don't want to see him go out like that.

I think he comes back.....and not just because of that 24 mil.

If he is reduced to Grant Hill status after this return * serviceable, not dominant*....I think he will hang it up.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's 50/50 at this point regarding playing next season. B. Scott was already putting a low 20s minute restriction on him for next season if he plays. Would he even consider bringing Kobe in off the bench?

9 months is a lot more than the 4-6 month they were initially saying. That shoulder must have been pretty messed up.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that 20min restriction story.

Did he mean for the whole Season or just to ease him back?

They would have to eject him at halftime, every game, to keep him at those minutes.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had no idea that it would take that long.

9 months put him out until middle of October so he probably won't be ready for the season opener most likely.

I wonder if he's going to call a quit in the summer.

As much as I dislike him I hope he doesn't...always suck to see a player last play ever being an injury.

He is not going to call it quits as long as that 25 million for next season + endorsements is on the table. By quitting he would easily lose double of that because he would also lose endorsements.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that 20min restriction story.

Did he mean for the whole Season or just to ease him back?

They would have to eject him at halftime, every game, to keep him at those minutes.

I think the idea for next year is/was to have him averaging about 20-25 minutes per game through the All-Star break, see where he's at and then start gradually increasing his minutes through the end of the season and potentially the playoffs.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the idea for next year is/was to have him averaging about 20-25 minutes per game through the All-Star break, see where he's at and then start gradually increasing his minutes through the end of the season and potentially the playoffs.

Personally I think his body has had it with all of those miles and is at the point where it will injury after injury. The human body can only take so much abuse(at least this is what you tell your kids when you're trying to talk them into going to bed so you can have some peace and quiet time) Kobe, however is going to try because he wants that 25 million just like I would want it

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I think his body has had it with all of those miles and is at the point where it will injury after injury. The human body can only take so much abuse(at least this is what you tell your kids when you're trying to talk them into going to bed so you can have some peace and quiet time) Kobe, however is going to try because he wants that 25 million just like I would want it

I don't think you've posted about Kobe coming back for the $25 million enough. Can you post it a few more times to make sure we all understand?

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

think it was you recently said something about kobe's struggles this season were due to coming back to soon and a full offseason would make a difference. guess that changes now due to the time he will be from injury. he most likely tries to come back from it. im not so sure the production gets better than it was this year. still a good player. but plenty of bad shooting nights. if prefer he step down and that 25 mil go somewhere else but don't see that happening.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if you guys have looked this up, but Kobe has a rather large salary due to him next season... I say he is coming back.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if you guys have looked this up, but Kobe has a rather large salary due to him next season... I say he is coming back.

Im going to have TLF look it up and tell us how much he makes next year.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...I didn't know recover time would be that long either.

Agree 100%.

I hate that Dude.

But, I don't want to see him go out like that.

I think he comes back.....and not just because of that 24 mil.

If he is reduced to Grant Hill status after this return * serviceable, not dominant*....I think he will hang it up.

He'll come back for the money.

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9 months? Are we sure he just didn't get some girl pregnant and is trying to cover that up?

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here is a question for the Laker fans out there. Is what's best for the Lakers to have Kobe Bryant under contract next season?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think it was you recently said something about kobe's struggles this season were due to coming back to soon and a full offseason would make a difference. guess that changes now due to the time he will be from injury. he most likely tries to come back from it. im not so sure the production gets better than it was this year. still a good player. but plenty of bad shooting nights. if prefer he step down and that 25 mil go somewhere else but don't see that happening.

Yeah, I read in the paper this morning that the current timeline would have him back shortly before the first game of the regular season. The good thing about it being his rotator cuff is that it won't prevent him from doing a lot of the conditioning that he does in the off-season like the Achilles and knee injury did. So from that perspective, he should be able to go into the season in better shape than he has the past 2 seasons.

It will, however, prevent him from being able to do his shooting drills which means we could be looking at some ugly shooting nights early in the season. If that's the case, hopefully he will look to be more of a facilitator while getting his shot back, especially if the Lakers are able to upgrade the talent around him.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here is a question for the Laker fans out there. Is what's best for the Lakers to have Kobe Bryant under contract next season?

In a word, yes. For a couple of reasons.

If the talent around him is upgraded and his minutes are managed properly, he could be very valuable, especially if the Lakers can improve enough to get to the playoffs.

If the Lakers are unable to upgrade the talent around him, then it's still good for them to have him under contract for business reasons. People will want to see his final season which will result in him making the Lakers a lot more than the $25 million that they will be paying him.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kobe is done.

Maybe he'll come back and sit on the bench and collect millions like Nash.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is not going to call it quits as long as that 25 million for next season + endorsements is on the table. By quitting he would easily lose double of that because he would also lose endorsements.

He won't lose all his endorsements when he is no longer playing. Popular athletes are still making commercials well past their retirement from professional sports.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Certainly for business reasons. This guy still generates a lot of revenue for the owners.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers weren't winning anything this year anyway plus now Clarkson can get significant minutes to help him improve.

Kobe will be back next year, and he'll be fine.