• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Know-It-All League - Offseason Game

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before peeps retire for the season, I'd like to see who would be interested in a new kind of FF league to play in the off season to sharpen your skills.

This is not a league of Know-It-Alls, but rather a league where everyone knows it all. An Omniscience League.

In general it's the same as a normal 12-team league, except that the season has already happened. Your roster for Week 1 in this league will get points from Week 1 of the 2021 season. So everyone will know exactly how many points each player will put up ahead of every matchup. The skill comes in managing your team. (When do you draft Derrick Henry? What about Tee Higgins?)

In the spirit of everyone knowing everything, all trade offers and negotiations will be done in a league thread here, and no trades can be accepted until after a negotiating period (more details on that later on, if we have enough interest). Waiver position can be traded. And with a bench six deep, managing your waiver position will be essential.

Draft will be a slow draft. Unlike most drafts those last picks will require the most thinking - do you need those nice couple of weeks from D'Ernest Johnson? What's your matchup those weeks?

The draft will be slow but the league will run fast - basically every "week" will only last two days.

So if you're interested, pipe up. Preference will be given to those I know best and who can stick it out for this first trial run as we work through any hiccups. But part of the beauty of this league is that it can be run again any time, if it's a success.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before peeps retire for the season, I'd like to see who would be interested in a new kind of FF league to play in the off season to sharpen your skills.

This is not a league of Know-It-Alls, but rather a league where everyone knows it all. An Omniscience League.

In general it's the same as a normal 12-team league, except that the season has already happened. Your roster for Week 1 in this league will get points from Week 1 of the 2021 season. So everyone will know exactly how many points each player will put up ahead of every matchup. The skill comes in managing your team. (When do you draft Derrick Henry? What about Tee Higgins?)

In the spirit of everyone knowing everything, all trade offers and negotiations will be done in a league thread here, and no trades can be accepted until after a negotiating period (more details on that later on, if we have enough interest). Waiver position can be traded. And with a bench six deep, managing your waiver position will be essential.

Draft will be a slow draft. Unlike most drafts those last picks will require the most thinking - do you need those nice couple of weeks from D'Ernest Johnson? What's your matchup those weeks?

The draft will be slow but the league will run fast - basically every "week" will only last two days.

So if you're interested, pipe up. Preference will be given to those I know best and who can stick it out for this first trial run as we work through any hiccups. But part of the beauty of this league is that it can be run again any time, if it's a success.

I would like to play

Sounds interesting.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have tried in the past to do similar leagues... this one seems more complicated than the ones i have tried to start... as i simply just wanted to draft the starters( no bench) and use end of season stats... always thought it would be a fun experiment to see whether there was an actual dominant draft strategy for that season...

but i would join this league... sounds interesting enough, and better chance of happening since it is the great will white proposing the league...

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to play

Sounds interesting.
I know you'll see it through, and I suspect you'll be wicked at this. Good to see you again.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have tried in the past to do similar leagues... this one seems more complicated than the ones i have tried to start... as i simply just wanted to draft the starters( no bench) and use end of season stats... always thought it would be a fun experiment to see whether there was an actual dominant draft strategy for that season...

but i would join this league... sounds interesting enough, and better chance of happening since it is the great will white proposing the league...
This does seem right in your wheelhouse - and does that make me "the great white wil" Ahab was on about?

(thanks for the comment, though)

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fantasypros last off season had a game like this where u could draft based on
Last seasons scoring and see where u stacked up.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fantasypros last off season had a game like this where u could draft based on
Last seasons scoring and see where u stacked up.
The draft will be interesting, but this league will probably revolve around the in-season moves.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This does seem right in your wheelhouse - and does that make me "the great white wil" Ahab was on about?

(thanks for the comment, though)

it is hard to make a great White comment and not think of sharks or captain Ahab...

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I'm smart enough fer this league but I'll give it a shot. You were talking about doing something like this a few weeks ago so count me in........

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have tried in the past to do similar leagues... this one seems more complicated than the ones i have tried to start...
giphy.gif

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you'll see it through, and I suspect you'll be wicked at this. Good to see you again.

Likewise!

I suspect we will all be pretty wicked when we know the results!

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You in, Joe?
I'm thinking about it.
I am certainly no know it all.
And even though @tlance believes I will have a spreadsheet... well, I just don't have one yet.

Still in the process of arguing with myself over my championship roster this weekend.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking about it.
And even though @tlance believes I will have a spreadsheet... well, I just don't have one yet.

Still in the process of arguing with myself over my championship roster this weekend.
We won’t draft until after this weekend, naturally.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking about it.

Of course you don’t have it yet!

But we all know that you will.

We need you in this Joe!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3