• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Knight-Bledsoe backcourt

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the trade deadline the Suns have:

1. Lost to the Timberwolves
2. Lost to the Bulls after having a chance late in the game, but choosing to have their new best shooter sitting on the bench
3. Lost to Isaiah Thomas and the Celtics AT HOME

Yeah, this is going well. Morons.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No chemistry. If they made these moves during the offseason things might be different, but in the middle of the season with no time to adjust it's just going to be too hard for them to make a run. As soon as they made all the trades I knew the season was over.

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the trade deadline the Suns have:

1. Lost to the Timberwolves
2. Lost to the Bulls after having a chance late in the game, but choosing to have their new best shooter sitting on the bench
3. Lost to Isaiah Thomas and the Celtics AT HOME

Yeah, this is going well. Morons.

Phoenix made these decisions for the long term. Dragic would have departed in free agency with the Suns potentially losing him for nothing, and trading Thomas creates more fiscal flexibility moving forward.

Last edited:

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ehh, Thomas was fun to watch but he is such a huge liability defensively. He would never be a starter for a true contender and his contract is too much to pay a reserve. Especially when we have someone like Archie (with huge upside) to take some of his minutes.

I like what we did given the circumstances. We were thrown a curve ball at the last minute by Dragic's demand and somehow ended up with Brandon Knight and 3 first rounders. Not too many GM's could've done that. Plus we save tons of money and have cleared up cap space for this summer. I like it.

I felt that Thomas was the best Sun at getting over the top of ball screens, but obviously he was very easy to shoot over.

I concur that the Suns did an excellent job. They faced adversity and met it by alleviating roster logjams, basically maintaining the talent level, and better preparing themselves for the future.

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for a backup point guard, I liked what Ish Smith gave the Suns last year, but the team is going to give those minutes to Archie Goodwin, as it should (or to T.J. Warren with Gerald Green as the shooting guard). Obviously, Goodwin is not a point guard, but Knight will be the point guard when Bledsoe rests.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for a backup point guard, I liked what Ish Smith gave the Suns last year, but the team is going to give those minutes to Archie Goodwin, as it should (or to T.J. Warren with Gerald Green as the shooting guard). Obviously, Goodwin is not a point guard, but Knight will be the point guard when Bledsoe rests.

Agreed. They see Goodwin as a part of their future along with Warren so I'm very pleased with both of them seeing an increase in minutes. We have a very bright future… just gotta be patient is all. Len, Goodwin, Warren, Bledsoe, The Twins, Knight, etc… all under 25 if I'm not mistaken.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far, I really like what Knight brings to the court.

The trade was basically a reset. It's going to take time for Knight & the team to gel. I imagine the rest of the season will be a trial run for the 2015/16 season. Knight will probably be resigned for something close to Bledsoe's contract of about $14 mil a season. I am pretty sure Wright will be back too. Green & Thorton will both be gone in FA. That should still leave us about $7 mil under the cap & about another $10 mil before we hit the luxury tax line. There would be plenty of room to add a quality big man to backup Kieff.

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far, I really like what Knight brings to the court.

The trade was basically a reset. It's going to take time for Knight & the team to gel. I imagine the rest of the season will be a trial run for the 2015/16 season. Knight will probably be resigned for something close to Bledsoe's contract of about $14 mil a season. I am pretty sure Wright will be back too. Green & Thorton will both be gone in FA. That should still leave us about $7 mil under the cap & about another $10 mil before we hit the luxury tax line. There would be plenty of room to add a quality big man to backup Kieff.

... or to start in front of him. The Suns badly need a power rebounder at power forward; Greg Monroe? Mk. Morris would still play down the stretch when Phoenix needs to create more floor spacing and offensive versatility for a half-court game.

But overall, I agree with your assessment.

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. They see Goodwin as a part of their future along with Warren so I'm very pleased with both of them seeing an increase in minutes. We have a very bright future… just gotta be patient is all. Len, Goodwin, Warren, Bledsoe, The Twins, Knight, etc… all under 25 if I'm not mistaken.

... 25-and-under, yeah ...

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it bad for me to almost want the Pelicans to finish with a better record than us? Sick of being "the best team to miss the playoffs". I'd rather use that 13th pick to package up in a trade with some of our young guys if say… a DeMarcus Cousins type player becomes available.

At this point, it's clear we aren't making the playoffs unless Westbrook goes down and KD continues to battle injuries. Even then, it'd be an uphill battle. Play the young guys, develop chemistry and head into next year ready to make some noise.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I'd like to re-sign Wright to continue to back Len up. He's perfect for our system and provides some much needed defense and shot-blocking and he can run the floor. Great in the pick and roll game. Imagine him playing here in the Nash days… OH MY…..

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was nice to see the luck finally swing in our direction last night. I'm not sure how Westbrook missed that easy lay-up, but he did...and nobody feels bad about it in PHX!

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at the game last night. It was a very entertaining game. I got free tickets & sat 10 rows behind the announcers in section 102, basically even with midcourt. Best seats I've had at a basketball game. That was the most fun I've had in years at a Suns game.

The game wouldn't have went to OT if it weren't for all the missed FT(s) & phantom fouls called in favor of OKC & Westbrook. The grey uniforms weren't as bad as I originally thought. They definitely look better than the Friday orange.

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was nice to see the luck finally swing in our direction last night. I'm not sure how Westbrook missed that easy lay-up, but he did...and nobody feels bad about it in PHX!

He stepped on Markieff Morris' foot, lost his balance, and thus had to try and convert a reverse layup instead.