• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kirk to Minnesota

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:tsk:

This division is really a bitch for a young team trying to make headway.

Assuming Rodgers is healthy -- Two SB contenders and a 3rd team that's consistently in the playoff mix. All with proven vet QB's.

Tough

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:tsk:

This division is really a bitch for a young team trying to make headway.

Assuming Rodgers is healthy -- Two SB contenders and a 3rd team that's consistently in the playoff mix. All with proven vet QB's.

Tough

Brutal.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the good news is if the Packers were hoping to land Watkins, Robinson, Richardson or Wilson as an heir to the aging Jordy Nelson... they missed on all 4.

:clap:

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the good news is if the Packers were hoping to land Watkins, Robinson, Richardson or Wilson as an heir to the aging Jordy Nelson... they missed on all 4.

Jimmy graham more than makes up for it.

Reactions: GNG

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I admit, Jimmy Graham will probably be the best TE they've had in the Rodgers era.
TE in the Packers system was never a strong piece.
:noidea:
List of Packers' TE since Rodgers took over sorted by yards:

Packers TE in Aaron Rodgers era.png

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They did draft Jimmy Graham.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with the crowd that feels Kirk is an overpriced version of what they already had in Keenum. Not to say that he's not good, just they could have had it for $10 million less...

As for the Packers? I fear them less and less. Sure, they still have a good offense, but their line is still suspect and the D is getting worse, not better.

In the past, we didnt have the offense to exploit their D. I think the tide has turned on that. We take at LEAST one from the Pack this season, if not both! Im feelin it!

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Graham is 32 coming off of a season where he only netted 500 yards. He's visibly slower since the patellar injury.

Good red zone threat, which is valuable. However, this isn't a 26 year old Jimmy Graham.

3rd year GB has gone after the big name TE on the market. We'll see how it works this time.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with the crowd that feels Kirk is an overpriced version of what they already had in Keenum. Not to say that he's not good, just they could have had it for $10 million less...

As for the Packers? I fear them less and less. Sure, they still have a good offense, but their line is still suspect and the D is getting worse, not better.

In the past, we didnt have the offense to exploit their D. I think the tide has turned on that. We take at LEAST one from the Pack this season, if not both! Im feelin it!

Keenum doesn't really even compare to Kirk. IMO

Keenum is a career backup, who caught lightning in a bottle in a perfect situation. Kirk is a franchise QB who has been stuck in a terribly run Redskins organization, and will finally step into competence. It is very scary, IMO.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keenum doesn't really even compare to Kirk. IMO

Keenum is a career backup, who caught lightning in a bottle in a perfect situation. Kirk is a franchise QB who has been stuck in a terribly run Redskins organization, and will finally step into competence. It is very scary, IMO.

Eh. Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. Seen enough of Cousins to confirm that he has a definite ceiling. Not sold on him as a "franchise QB", though I'd definitely say he's a quality starter. (Maybe "franchise QB"means something different to each of us?).

I just don't believe that Cousins is 10 bills better than Keenum. Perhaps Keenum "caught lightning in a bottle", because he was in a system that finally suited him...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh. Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. Seen enough of Cousins to confirm that he has a definite ceiling. Not sold on him as a "franchise QB", though I'd definitely say he's a quality starter. (Maybe "franchise QB"means something different to each of us?).

I just don't believe that Cousins is 10 bills better than Keenum. Perhaps Keenum "caught lightning in a bottle", because he was in a system that finally suited him...

I am pretty sure that "franchise QB" doesn't = "elite QB"

It just means that he's a QB worth building your team around, and that you can win with. IMO - Kirk has proven that to be true.

Kirk is not a Rodgers, Brees, Brady or Wilson. However, he is certainly good enough to win you a title with a good team around him. He's better than Nick Foles, that is for certain. He's proven to be a top 10 QB and still only 29. When you have a team like Minnesota does. That is more than enough.

69.8% 29 TD's 11 INT's 4166 Yards 101.6 Rating
67% 25 TD's 12 INT's 4917 Yards 97.2 Rating
64.3% 27 TD's 13 INT's 4093 Yards 93.9 Rating

Consistently just under 30 TD's, over 4K yards and in the mid-to-upper 60's in CMP. That's just rock, rock solid QB play. 3 years straight... that's no fluke. Also, as you can tell... he's yet to sustain an injury. Which is also big.

I suppose I just don't see the argument against him being a "franchise" guy. No one is saying he's a "once or twice" per generation QB. However, as we've seen this past decade. Worse QB's have won SB's. Eli, Flacco and the corpse of Peyton. Most notably.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kirk is better than Keenum.

I don't know if he's "fully guaranteed contract" better tho.

That's just crazy.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kirk is better than Keenum.

I don't know if he's "fully guaranteed contract" better tho.

That's just crazy.

Well, it's only fully guaranteed because unlike most QB deals. Kirk did not want the extra 3 or so years beyond the guaranteed money. Which typically creates those huge "120 million" numbers we see. Which actually mean very little, as we know from the Cutler contract. Which was displayed as "110 million"... but in reality, the 54 mil guaranteed was all that we were tied into him for.

Kirk is playing this very smart from a financial standpoint. He sees how much the market jumps up every couple of years with these QB contracts. Take the 3 years fully guaranteed, and then re-negotiate in an even more favorable market.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it's only fully guaranteed because unlike most QB deals. Kirk did not want the extra 3 or so years beyond the guaranteed money. Which typically creates those huge "120 million" numbers we see. Which actually mean very little, as we know from the Cutler contract. Which was displayed as "110 million"... but in reality, the 54 mil guaranteed was all that we were tied into him for.

Kirk is playing this very smart from a financial standpoint. He sees how much the market jumps up every couple of years with these QB contracts. Take the 3 years fully guaranteed, and then re-negotiate in an even more favorable market.
Think he’ll bounce around the league to new shorter window teams like the Vikings? I think he’s the best qb Minny could have gotten. However, I do like that Minnesota got him as well. He’s a guy that can help you win a title, but he’s not going to do it without a lot of help.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose I just don't see the argument against him being a "franchise" guy. No one is saying he's a "once or twice" per generation QB. However, as we've seen this past decade. Worse QB's have won SB's. Eli, Flacco and the corpse of Peyton. Most notably.

Actually, I think Eli is a good comparison, only instead of coming up big in the clutch, Kirk has folded like a cheap suit.

Other than that, he is streaky. Much like Eli. Has his good moments and his bad.

Minnesota will work fine for him. No doubt. Just wait though, Rudolph and Cook's #s will spike and Diggs will drop... That B Kirk.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I think Eli is a good comparison, only instead of coming up big in the clutch, Kirk has folded like a cheap suit.

Other than that, he is streaky. Much like Eli. Has his good moments and his bad.

Minnesota will work fine for him. No doubt. Just wait though, Rudolph and Cook's #s will spike and Diggs will drop... That B Kirk.

Kirk's numbers over the past three years tower over that of Eli. Their production honestly isn't even comparable.

Kirk has 12 game winning drives in his career. 10 over the past three years. Very little reason to believe he's a choke artist. He only played one playoff game, and was rightfully a big underdog to Rodgers in his first year as the full-time starter for Washington in 2015.

I see very little reason to doubt the guy.

Only time you could truly claim Kirk folded under pressure was the "win and in" Week 17 game vs NYG in 2016. However, every great QB has a playoff/must-win game they didn't show up in. The sample size just isn't big enough.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirk's numbers over the past three years tower over that of Eli. Their production honestly isn't even comparable.

Kirk has 12 game winning drives in his career. 10 over the past three years. Very little reason to believe he's a choke artist. He only played one playoff game, and was rightfully a big underdog to Rodgers in his first year as the full-time starter for Washington in 2015.

I see very little reason to doubt the guy.

Only time you could truly claim Kirk folded under pressure was the "win and in" Week 17 game vs NYG in 2016. However, every great QB has a playoff/must-win game they didn't show up in. The sample size just isn't big enough.

Again, agree to disagree.

Cousins is decent. No more, no less. Seriously, how much have you actually WATCHED Cousins instead of relying on the stat board?

I'm held hostage in the D.C. market and have had the pleasure quite frequently. He clenches up BADLY when the chips are down. I have seriously watched the guy take sacks near the sideline rather than throw the ball away... It is as though under duress, he forgot he could do that!

Calling a bit of hoakum on the "Game Winning Drive" thing... All that means is that the Redskins scored in the 4th quarter to go ahead while he was playing QB. Nothing more, nothing less.... Hell, one of the games, Kirk didn't even throw a TD!!!

Again, we can wait and see. With Minny's supporting cast, I'd imagine Cousins will be fine, but I have a feeling he will fall short of expectations and will ultimately be labeled as a "disappointment".

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, agree to disagree.

Cousins is decent. No more, no less. Seriously, how much have you actually WATCHED Cousins instead of relying on the stat board?

I'm held hostage in the D.C. market and have had the pleasure quite frequently. He clenches up BADLY when the chips are down. I have seriously watched the guy take sacks near the sideline rather than throw the ball away... It is as though under duress, he forgot he could do that!

Calling a bit of hoakum on the "Game Winning Drive" thing... All that means is that the Redskins scored in the 4th quarter to go ahead while he was playing QB. Nothing more, nothing less.... Hell, one of the games, Kirk didn't even throw a TD!!!

Again, we can wait and see. With Minny's supporting cast, I'd imagine Cousins will be fine, but I have a feeling he will fall short of expectations and will ultimately be labeled as a "disappointment".

I've had Cousins on my fantasy team twice over the past 3 years and have watched him probably 5-6 games per his 3 seasons as starter or so. More than enough to get an idea. I simply don't see much of a reason to hate on the dude, and I certainly don't see how landing a top 10 QB to pair with that D doesn't make them better.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had Cousins on my fantasy team twice over the past 3 years and have watched him probably 5-6 games per his 3 seasons as starter or so. More than enough to get an idea. I simply don't see much of a reason to hate on the dude, and I certainly don't see how landing a top 10 QB to pair with that D doesn't make them better.

Yeah, I have had him on my fantasy roster as well... I know it sounds like I'm being flaky, but I'm not "hating" on the guy... Just kind of a slow your roll kinda thing I think.

I think labeling Cousins as a "Top 10 QB" is misleading. Statistically he may have been, but in large part that is because Washington can't run the ball... That can go both ways as far as a QB goes, I understand. He may perform better with a solid running game, or he may become that "Game manager" type that really doesn't wow anyone statistically, and if it is the latter, you have to question why you need him exactly, especially at that price.