• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kirk to Minnesota

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I have had him on my fantasy roster as well... I know it sounds like I'm being flaky, but I'm not "hating" on the guy... Just kind of a slow your roll kinda thing I think.

I think labeling Cousins as a "Top 10 QB" is misleading. Statistically he may have been, but in large part that is because Washington can't run the ball... That can go both ways as far as a QB goes, I understand. He may perform better with a solid running game, or he may become that "Game manager" type that really doesn't wow anyone statistically, and if it is the latter, you have to question why you need him exactly, especially at that price.

Saying he was a top 10 QB because they "couldn't run the ball" just doesn't hold up.

It would imply that his big numbers were a result of a lot of attempts, in order to inflate yardage/TD's. When Kirk has been among league leaders in CMP% as well.

Not to mention...

Passing attempts for Kirk by season:

2017 - 8th
2016 - 6th
2015 - 12th

He's never been towards the top of the league in attempts.

3rd in CMP% during that timeframe.

Player Season Finder Query Results | Pro-Football-Reference.com

4th in yards per attempt (which implies efficiency)

Player Season Finder Query Results | Pro-Football-Reference.com

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read this somewhere...

Cousins has been the starter since 2015. That’s a 3-year window. If you combine the last 3 seasons of passing statistics, this is where Cousins ranks against all other active QB:
  • Ranks 8 in yards-per-game (274.5)
  • Ranks 7 in TD passes (81)
  • Ranks 5 in yard-per-pass (7.8)
  • Ranks 4 in total passing yards (13,176)
  • Ranks 2 in pass completion (67%)
  • One of only 6 QB to play all 48 games.
Keep in mind that he’s played for 2 offensive coordinators, the last of whom (Matt Cavanaugh) hadn’t called an NFL play in 13 years (since 2004).

Plus Cousins has accomplished all of this without a 1000-yard rusher in 3 seasons. In addition, he’s only had two 1000-yard receivers in 3 seasons (both in 2016 – Pierre Garcon and DeSean Jackson). Yes, Cousins has been a top 10 QB in virtually every meaningful category in the last 3 seasons combined, arguably without marquee names around him.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
I'm with the crowd that feels Kirk is an overpriced version of what they already had in Keenum. Not to say that he's not good, just they could have had it for $10 million less...

As for the Packers? I fear them less and less. Sure, they still have a good offense, but their line is still suspect and the D is getting worse, not better.

In the past, we didnt have the offense to exploit their D. I think the tide has turned on that. We take at LEAST one from the Pack this season, if not both! Im feelin it!

You haven't watched Keenum a lot, have you?
Cousins is worlds better, or 10 million better if you like.
Keenum can't throw a dart 30 yards downfield, or a sideline pass in a tight window. It's always a duck that make a guy cringe as it floats through the air.
Keenum is the typical game manager whereas Cousins will play to win games. That's huge in my book.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keenum can't throw a dart 30 yards downfield, or a sideline pass in a tight window. It's always a duck that make a guy cringe as it floats through the air.
Keenum is the typical game manager whereas Cousins will play to win games. That's huge in my book.
Sup homie?

Kirk is a big pick-up. Vikes gotta be a favorite going into next season. They got lucky af to get where they did this year in spite of Keenum. Cousins is much better. The contract is arguable, but the Vikes will be a legit contender next year.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Sup homie?

Kirk is a big pick-up. Vikes gotta be a favorite going into next season. They got lucky af to get where they did this year in spite of Keenum. Cousins is much better. The contract is arguable, but the Vikes will be a legit contender next year.

Doing good BD, hope the same for you.

Yeah, the contract is big for sure. I think with the way qb money is a new record deal every time someone signs, that guaranteed money will be the norm on shorter deals.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doing good BD, hope the same for you.

Yeah, the contract is big for sure. I think with the way qb money is a new record deal every time someone signs, that guaranteed money will be the norm.

I love where the Bears are going. They have a good, young nucleus. Trubs, Howard, Cohen...I dig the addition of Allen Robinson.....they are trending up IMHO. Most excited I've been in an offseason in some time.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
My son and his girl just came over. I'll catch ya later BD.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
I love where the Bears are going. They have a good, young nucleus. Trubs, Howard, Cohen...I dig the addition of Allen Robinson.....they are trending up IMHO. Most excited I've been in an offseason in some time.

No doubt. I'm excited for next season

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Okay. Who am I to ruin your masturbatory fantasy? The next tjme Cousins throws someone open will be the first, but hey, maybe yojr offense works like that?

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Okay. Who am I to ruin your masturbatory fantasy? The next tjme Cousins throws someone open will be the first, but hey, maybe yojr offense works like that?

If he throws anyone open, it will be the first time since '09..
I can still masturbate though, right?

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he throws anyone open, it will be the first time since '09..
I can still masturbate though, right?

As long as my presence is not required, knock yourself out... :D