• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kirk Cousins to Atlanta

Janus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kousins super bowl ring awaits him in Atlanta.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kousins super bowl ring awaits him in Atlanta.
Let's not go that far, but stable QB play is the most important thing in the league.

Any franchise without it should really forfeit their season and spare the rest of us the agony of dealing with quarterbacks that can't play the position at a professional level.

Janus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not go that far, but stable QB play is the most important thing in the league.

Any franchise without it should really forfeit their season and spare the rest of us the agony of dealing with quarterbacks that can't play the position at a professional level.
It was a sarcastic comment and it's my fault because I didn't use the font ( but I never do ).
Atlanta has a nice RB and not a bad TE a few WR that hold on to the ball, he shouldn't do too bad depending on the Oline AND!! the defense. Maybe a plus 2 in wins

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins has a pretty good offense in Atlanta to work with and the division is fairly crappy at the moment lol so he should win. Atlanta's OL is actually pretty okay and if they can bust their draft capital wad on defense and another wideout (deep wideout class) they can get something going.

Janus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For like a 7th rounder, sure. And then put him at runningback where he belongs :nod:
I like the suggestion but maybe everyone has given up on him a little too early. I remember the same was said about Lamar Jackson until he had a coach that taught him how to throw, and now?, numbers are great.
Fields may very well be an extraordinary RB but he has a talent that needs to be exposed. He needs better weapons and more trust

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the suggestion but maybe everyone has given up on him a little too early. I remember the same was said about Lamar Jackson until he had a coach that taught him how to throw, and now?, numbers are great.
Fields may very well be an extraordinary RB but he has a talent that needs to be exposed. He needs better weapons and more trust

I mean the Bears have never had great quarterbacking in recent memory so you might be right, maybe he can be 'fixed'... his bad throw % is pretty high along with one of the worse on target % among starting QBs... I don't watch the Bears much (despite living here - will never be a Bears fan because Seahawks) but in the times I have watched Fields he takes FOREVER to unload the ball. I think he just doesn't go through progressions well at all... and then when he DOES throw the ball, it's not really pretty lol. Wilson used to hold onto the ball for a while too and use his legs to extend plays, but before his finger injury, he threw a pretty on target pass and had the best deep ball in the league up until his final year with Seattle.

Janus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean the Bears have never had great quarterbacking in recent memory so you might be right, maybe he can be 'fixed'... his bad throw % is pretty high along with one of the worse on target % among starting QBs... I don't watch the Bears much (despite living here - will never be a Bears fan because Seahawks) but in the times I have watched Fields he takes FOREVER to unload the ball. I think he just doesn't go through progressions well at all... and then when he DOES throw the ball, it's not really pretty lol. Wilson used to hold onto the ball for a while too and use his legs to extend plays, but before his finger injury, he threw a pretty on target pass and had the best deep ball in the league up until his final year with Seattle.
Remember, Fields came from a school that produces great defenses and RB's. they very rarely put out a real good QB. All their hyped qb's didn't last too log but the NFL has changed it's view on a lot of things and QB maturation is one of them. Looking around the league, you have a lot of young Qb's and very little show super signs of greatness, they need to be coached.
I think the Bears are giving uptoo fast and especially when all the while that are trying to enhance their team with picks, that is the timeframe he needs.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda get the comparison but Jackson developed more quickly and showed that he could process the game. Fields really has showed no signs of that. He is more like Colin Kaepernick where if the initial read is there or he can take off, it's all good but if he has to go through the second or third read, he just is way too slow to process it. Not saying he absolutely can't develop in the right environment but he has shown no signs of even slight improvement on the mental side. Maybe a lot of this does fall on coaching though. The Bears just don't seem to be able to develop QBs. Not sure why.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins has a pretty good offense in Atlanta to work with and the division is fairly crappy at the moment lol so he should win. Atlanta's OL is actually pretty okay and if they can bust their draft capital wad on defense and another wideout (deep wideout class) they can get something going.

I think they ranked Atlanta's O-Line #4 in the league last year. This could not be a better landing spot for Cousins. He's got weapons, and should have plenty of protection.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Make the playoffs? Sure. Win in the playoffs? Cousins has 1 playoff win in his career.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you trade for Justin Fields if you were a GM in need of a QB?

I don't see a place for Fields right now. I could see a team throwing a later draft pick at Chicago (4th or higher), but if the Bears really want to get value out of him, they will likely have to hold on to him. Every year a few QB's have season ending injuries early in the season (or in training camp). I could see a team throwing a 2nd or 3rd round pick at Chicago if their QB goes down early.

The problem is that keeping Fields around may cause more problems than he is worth.

Janus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda get the comparison but Jackson developed more quickly and showed that he could process the game. Fields really has showed no signs of that. He is more like Colin Kaepernick where if the initial read is there or he can take off, it's all good but if he has to go through the second or third read, he just is way too slow to process it. Not saying he absolutely can't develop in the right environment but he has shown no signs of even slight improvement on the mental side. Maybe a lot of this does fall on coaching though. The Bears just don't seem to be able to develop QBs. Not sure why.
Just maybe when they drafted him, they thought they saw high potential from what he already exhibited. Maybe they gave a lot of thought to the teams record and applied to directly to what the QB can offer or has done, they may have figured he was complete.
As I said that school doesn't really produce top-level qbs', they are good there but when they leave?

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just maybe when they drafted him, they thought they saw high potential from what he already exhibited. Maybe they gave a lot of thought to the teams record and applied to directly to what the QB can offer or has done, they may have figured he was complete.
As I said that school doesn't really produce top-level qbs', they are good there but when they leave?
Oh yeah, no disagreement there. Actually, most people were hoping he could develop. We all knew he needed work and as you say, a lot of that was because of the school he played at. Some guys learn and some guys just struggle to catch up. It's too bad really for him. He seems like a decent kid and does have some athletic ability. He just seems to not have the mental part of QB play and that is the most important thing. 3 years in and he has shown minimal improvement. A few flashes here and there but not enough. If he hasn't figured it out yet, it's hard to believe he will.