• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kinsler "I hope they go 0-162"

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's just no context I can reasonably think of where he didn't come off bad in that interview. He let his bitterness show and that's understandable but complaining about being asked to be more of a leader when the examples he listed were so trivial I want to laugh him in the face. And as JTA said his focusing on being the best player he could be didn't really work, so it comes off as more of an excuse.

As to your point about people continuing to be friends with him, I can think of a few friends that have had character issues. I'm quite sure most of us are imperfect, but people are still our friends and care about is anyway.

they were trivial issues, does he really care one if one of his teammates puts on an earring in the dugout after a game? No, nor should he...that's the point he might have been trying to make, he resented even being asked to be some kind of sophomoric hall-monitor.

I had a different reaction, I would laugh in the face of ANY GM that asked one of his players to do this.

I assume you're referring to Hamilton as an example as one of his friends, that's a valid point. Does it negate the fact that Andrus, Beltre were with Kinsler in Hawaii when the news broke and Beltre (for god's sake JD...inexcusable) had to try and get information from his agent to help Kinsler figure out what was going on? Not to me, but that's just another opinion obviously

He's gone, it was a great trade for the team...that's more important than anything.

My motivation for challenging your assertion that this interview has proved major character flaws is simple. I don't trust the majority of print interviews...and hopefully someone here remembers how little stock I tend to give them, lest anyone thinks this is just about Kinsler.

It comes from personal experience.
I'll try and keep it short
1) horror at what these "reporters" get away with
2)learned a lesson fast, put me on camera, so you can't lie or manipulate the interview or stay away from me.
3) it worked.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they were trivial issues, does he really care one if one of his teammates puts on an earring in the dugout after a game? No, nor should he...that's the point he might have been trying to make, he resented even being asked to be some kind of sophomoric hall-monitor.

I had a different reaction, I would laugh in the face of ANY GM that asked one of his players to do this.

I assume you're referring to Hamilton as an example as one of his friends, that's a valid point. Does it negate the fact that Andrus, Beltre were with Kinsler in Hawaii when the news broke and Beltre (for god's sake JD...inexcusable) had to try and get information from his agent to help Kinsler figure out what was going on? Not to me, but that's just another opinion obviously

He's gone, it was a great trade for the team...that's more important than anything.

My motivation for challenging your assertion that this interview has proved major character flaws is simple. I don't trust the majority of print interviews...and hopefully someone here remembers how little stock I tend to give them, lest anyone thinks this is just about Kinsler.

2)learned a lesson fast, put me on camera, so you can't lie or manipulate the interview or stay away from me.
3) it worked.

Agreed, but its hard to out of context things like "sleazeball" which he said was out of context... not likely

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, I didn't mean he was an actual cancer. It was just a hyperbolic response to some of the stuff being thrown around here. I said it tongue in cheek.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

3) it worked.

Still not sure why jd is the ass hole Ian finding out the way he did. Jd was on a fucking airplane when the deal was finalized. Someone, probably in the mlb office leaked it. How is that jds fault?

ThirtySix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a good laugh out of this situation

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if you're a fan of the Mets and Jets, you're probably used to reacting to sports with laughter.

Either that or he's got a series of small cuts all the way up his arm.

CSD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the few rules we have here is no trolling of team boards. Now Fuck off.

My apologies for not reading the forum rules yet. I am however surprised smart talk between fans of teams is off limits. A bit too serious don't you think? Fans at sporting events do it everyday.

What a dumbass **** of a troll. GTFO.
Welp that's a new one...Didn't know the C word was off limits.

Sorry, I wasn't trolling. I heard about what Kinsler said and wanted to post my thoughts on it. I threw in a smart remark and you guys throw me in the shark infested waters. Tough crowd!

Nothing like a Peeping CSD showing up to flash us. I guess nothing much has been going on for a while in NY during the past summers. Well, other than A-Rod.

2009 is relevant enough for me.

Wait that's all you got? So much for the thought that Yankee fans are such great, educated and knowledgeable baseball fans.

I am educated and very knowledgeable on the game of baseball. I enjoy discussing it daily, mainly about the AL East. Best division in baseball! You shouldn't always judge a book by its' cover my friend.

I'll handle the CSD situation guys :suds:

I responded to your message. Sorry I took so long to respond, very busy with work lately. I'll stick to the Yankees forum.

Chow everyone :thumb:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plenty of room for a little shit talking in the main forum. Team boards aren't the place for that.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got one Kins you little prick, now piss off. Oh and btw did you see what our leadoff hitter did tonight, take notes baby!

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guys please dont take pride in one win lol... i personally think this quote was COMPLETELY taken out of proportion. Hamilton's quotes about a not a baseball town pissed me off, but these I think were sorta a writer trying to take something out of context. He's a competitor and I completely respect that he wants one of his best opponents who he's competing against to fail

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got one Kins you little prick, now piss off. Oh and btw did you see what our leadoff hitter did tonight, take notes baby!

I wasn't a fan of what Kinsler said and especially the way he went public with it. But I still detest Hamilton and CJ a hell of a lot more than Kinsler. Kinsler basically took shots at one person in the organization. Hamilton and his wife slammed both the team and the DFW area and fans. And CJ is just one giant self-centered eccentric douche.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't a fan of what Kinsler said and especially the way he went public with it. But I still detest Hamilton and CJ a hell of a lot more than Kinsler. Kinsler basically took shots at one person in the organization. Hamilton and his wife slammed both the team and the DFW area and fans. And CJ is just one giant self-centered eccentric douche.

I share the same feelings about all of them they are all basically self absorbed douches, however Katie is just a freaking nut job period. Im not sure she deserved all the shit Josh put her through but she stuck by him to get paid IMO and whatever happens going forward I would say she put her self in position to take what she gets. Feel bad for their girls though

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I share the same feelings about all of them they are all basically self absorbed douches, however Katie is just a freaking nut job period. Im not sure she deserved all the shit Josh put her through but she stuck by him to get paid IMO and whatever happens going forward I would say she put her self in position to take what she gets. Feel bad for their girls though

Katie Hamilton is just an awful person period. I d

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Katie Hamilton is just an awful person period. I don't feel sorry for her one bit for Josh's infidelity. She's basically like Hillary Clinton, willing to overlook all of her husband's escapades in order to gain money, power, and fame.

I do feel sorry for their children though. They didn't deserve such train wrecks for parents.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Katie Hamilton represents a lot of what I hate in the world and so called "Christianity." She put up with all Josh' shit because she knew mama was gonna get paid. If anyone ever deserved to be left and pay a shit ton of child support it's Joshua Holt Hamilton, but she probably realized she could get more if she stuck with him. He's dumb as a box of rocks and she probably leads him around by the balls.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Katie Hamilton is just an awful person period. I don't feel sorry for her one bit for Josh's infidelity. She's basically like Hillary Clinton, willing to overlook all of her husband's escapades in order to gain money, power, and fame.

I do feel sorry for their children though. They didn't deserve such train wrecks for parents.

Train wrecks is a little short sided, maybe a couple of space shuttle collisions. I agree though the children are the victims. Hopefully they are able to overcome their idiot parents and have successful lives

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Katie Hamilton represents a lot of what I hate in the world and so called "Christianity." She put up with all Josh' shit because she knew mama was gonna get paid. If anyone ever deserved to be left and pay a shit ton of child support it's Joshua Holt Hamilton, but she probably realized she could get more if she stuck with him. He's dumb as a box of rocks and she probably leads him around by the balls.

Every bit of this is spot-on. From my limited interactions with the players' wives (mostly sitting smack dab in the middle of them for every home game during the 2010 and 2011 playoff runs), this is exactly how many of them felt about Katie Hamilton. From everything I heard, she was as materialistic and fake as they come. I heard Dustin Nippert's wife and Scott Feldman's wife talking about her that way. I was also specifically told that Tess Kinsler and Cristina Young wouldn't have anything to do with her. The Rangers' wives are basically one big happy family and Katie Hamilton was the one wife who clashed with them all.

She's definitely the balls in that relationship and Josh is just her big stupid beast of a meal ticket.