• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kings want Carter

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And we want bernier. Make...This...Happen.

I think they might be shopping quick for carter, but still. Carter cannot remain untouchable. We have too many centers, and a need at goalie. They have two solid goalies and can afford to part with one.

I know it isnt as simple as I am making it out to be, but it makes too much sense to not make something work. If they want Carter, give him up as long as we get a solid netminder in return.

If it is quick they ar shopping, I would think they need to throw someone else in since I am not completely sold on him just yet.

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
a 40 goal scorer for a prospect? no way. bernier is a good prospect although so was price. even fleury was a number 1 overall pick. would you trade carter for them? no.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick sucks.

And Bernier doesn't.

Why would LA trade Bernier again?

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick sucks.

And Bernier doesn't.

Price sucks -- Halak doesn't. Why did Montreal trade Halak?

If the Kings are seriously interested in either Carter or Hartnell, Homer needs to get Bernier as part of ANY return package. Unless, of course, Doughty is on the table...

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if brown's in the deal i'm ok with getting bernier.. i have a serious love for dustin brown haha..

however, as far as i'm concerned bernier isn't a solid netminder.. he might be.. he might even be better than solid.. but i'm not trading carter for a guy that has started 3 games in the NHL (unless more help comes back)..

some of the flyers are getting up there in years (not saying they're shutting down, just that they wont be around forever) and the cap is gunna start to get real hairy next year when giroux, carter, gagne, and leino are up for new contracts.. i dont wanna put it all on a prospect goalie, especially if it costs our leading goal scorer for the past 2 years

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick sucks.

And Bernier doesn't.

haha ander.. again with the full-blown hatred of quick.. he might not be great, or even good, to say he sucks is too harsh

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Price sucks -- Halak doesn't. Why did Montreal trade Halak?

If the Kings are seriously interested in either Carter or Hartnell, Homer needs to get Bernier as part of ANY return package. Unless, of course, Doughty is on the table...

haha.

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
gagne will not get more than he is making now, neither will carter. well carter will get a small raise. giroux and leino will get raises though. we could get rid of hartnell or something though and then the money should work out fine. or maybe even get rid of carle or coburn by then.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gagne will not get more than he is making now, neither will carter. well carter will get a small raise. giroux and leino will get raises though. we could get rid of hartnell or something though and then the money should work out fine. or maybe even get rid of carle or coburn by then.

you named a top 6 forward and 2 top 4 d-men.. like i said, hairy

A man can dream, can't he?

if only man.. god i'd love to see doughty in O&B

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would imagine doughty is the most untouchable player on that team...or should be at least

I really like their young dman Thomas Hickey. Very fast with a lot of offensive upside to go along with versatile defense. Doubt they would throw two prospects in bernier and hickey our way, but it's nice to dream

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gagne, Hartnell, Giroux, van Riemsdyk, and a pick for Doughty, Hickey, and Bernier. Screw forwards, we can play a center and 4 defensemen all game and win 1-0, soccer style. Maybe even do the unthinkable and load up with 2 forwards on the 2-man advantages, but with Doughty, Timonen, Hickey, Carle, Coburn, Hamhuis (it's going to happen), and Pronger, why bother?

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be lovely, trade the Pens his rights for a pick and sign him anyway. But I don't know if we do it.