• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Kings vs Sharks

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game, Sharks look great. No shame in dropping a game that could have gone either way.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Weak game winner IMO, Jones shoulda had that -- But cant win em all - or in SJs case, cant win any at home lol...

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
went to game. oops.

Great start, reasonable game. However, the sharks' achilles heals in the PO's came back again.

1. the only goalie stones em. Hiller, Quick, crawford, niemi... whoever is in the other net looks suerphuman.

2. the bottom pairing. Dillon and polak on for both goals. only play 12-14 mins, and was key in both.

3. the depth hurt not helped and has not produced a single goal yet. 3 penalties from the 4th line of wingels, spaling, and tierney.

4. The PP got lazier and lazier. The last PP with 5 mins left was the chance to win, and they got nothing and were barely trying.

5. mental errors. No odd man rushes all game, then they lose on the first key mental error for either team in terms of being on the wrong side of the puck. Dillon was way above the play at center ice and cooch goofed too.

6. PM invisible. 6+ PP minutes, roughly 18 minutes overall and zero shots. ZERO.

I expect game 4 will be 5-1 LA.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
GWG Was pretty soft but I think Jones was anticipating the cross ice pass on the back door play. 2nd pp unit looked like a steaming pile. 4th line changes have to be coming after that showing, they were just awful. Second and 3rd lines must step it up period. That being said if the Sharks can get 1 win at home they close out the series in LA

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I would add that the winner of game 4 wins the series. If the sharks win, its a resiliency previous unseen, and also a win at SAP, and puts the kings back on their heels since they are a super confident team, as well they should be. I think a game 4 W could easily end the series in LA in 5.

If LA wins, they will waltz through games 5 and 6, as the sharks do have a new coach, a new #1 goalie, and 8 new skaters, but the PP consists of the same 5 guys, and the top players are all the same in jumbo, pavs, cooch, PM, burns, vlasic, braun, etc, and the mentality would almost surely wilt.

Game 4 is the season, and the sharks are gunna need anyone not on the top line to produce. So far, the top line has every goal except for Burns (which was the top line), and cooch (which was the top line PP). All the other guys like ward, donskoi, karlsson, tierney, wingels, nieto and patricia need to produce. Depth was supposed to be a big difference maker, and thus far, the sharks have been too much of a one-line team.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As long as they don't come out and lay an egg like they did last year in game 5 I'll be happy

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wow I can't believe he's risking playing spaling and Wingels again

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
4th line so far has been night and day difference

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Every line has played well in the three wins but at some point lines 2-4 need to start scoring. Out playing their counterpart and getting chances won't be enough. They need to put some in the net.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No doubt. They actually had some really good chances.
I thought the Sharks outplayed them 5 on 5 for the most part, until they took the 3-0 lead. Glad they held on, but I was nervous at the end!
Now close them out!! We know they aren't gonna go quietly!!

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well boys and girls here we are again. Sharks up 3 - 1. Two years ago they set the franchise years back when they coughed up the 3 - 0 lead. Since then the air came out of this franchise, at least the Marleau/Thornton era. A lot of empty seats night in and night out. Last night the place was rocking and they almost blew it. But they didn't and the back in it appears. But, the Kings have that extra gear and we saw it the last 17 minutes. Sharks in scramble mode, just a step behind the Kings and their forecheck, cycling etc. A lot of desperate icings. Well boys, that is what is gonna be 60 minutes in the next potential 3 games each. The Kings don't die easy. Sharks don't have that gear. Saw it again last night at the end. This is gonna be dicey because two of these games are in LA. Lose Game 5, and then choke the one home game left they got and then real trouble. If it goes to Game 7, they are goners and the damage will be done and reputations and legacies sealed for good for at least a few of the main characters in this 10+ year playoff underachieving circus. They absolutely cannot blow this series to the Kings. You do a 3-0 yack and then 2 years later a 3-1 yack to the same team, your arch rival and that is that. I don't see how next year you could maintain the same leadership core and pass that off to the fans. Unless you are Jed York you can and will. I am wondering what they are actually thinking now? Didn't Doughty say they have them where they want them? It is going to be interesting drama the next few days. Could be a tragic soap opera. I hope not. If they get through this series, then the rest of the playoffs are a mulligan. Pretty much exceeded expectations. Well unless they go up 3-0 and 3-1 on somebody again. Then expectations change again. They bring it on themselves as they have so far in this series.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't think Doughty will be saying much after that game

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah but as much as I don't like Doughty you have to respect him: 2 Gold medals, 2 Stanley Cups, 2nd in Norris voting, although he might win this year. Damn good resume for how young he is. He has backed it up a few times.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yeah but as much as I don't like Doughty you have to respect him: 2 Gold medals, 2 Stanley Cups, 2nd in Norris voting, although he might win this year. Damn good resume for how young he is. He has backed it up a few times.
I respect him I'd love to have him on San Jose but he ran his mouth before game 4 and came back to bite him in the ass. So I doubt he'll be chirping before game 5

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he chirps to get in the Sharks heads. Not that difficult to do with the soft mental state of the Sharks...Sharks of the past I mean. Sharks of the future? We don't know yet. This series will tell us a lot when it is over. Close it out tonight and that'll stop Doughty's chirping for good.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Funny hearing the Kings complain about calls when they themselves get away with a lot, this sharks team just seems to know how to play on the edge right now

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well boys and girls here we are again. Sharks up 3 - 1. Two years ago they set the franchise years back when they coughed up the 3 - 0 lead. Since then the air came out of this franchise, at least the Marleau/Thornton era. A lot of empty seats night in and night out. Last night the place was rocking and they almost blew it. But they didn't and the back in it appears. But, the Kings have that extra gear and we saw it the last 17 minutes. Sharks in scramble mode, just a step behind the Kings and their forecheck, cycling etc. A lot of desperate icings. Well boys, that is what is gonna be 60 minutes in the next potential 3 games each. The Kings don't die easy. Sharks don't have that gear. Saw it again last night at the end. This is gonna be dicey because two of these games are in LA. Lose Game 5, and then choke the one home game left they got and then real trouble. If it goes to Game 7, they are goners and the damage will be done and reputations and legacies sealed for good for at least a few of the main characters in this 10+ year playoff underachieving circus. They absolutely cannot blow this series to the Kings. You do a 3-0 yack and then 2 years later a 3-1 yack to the same team, your arch rival and that is that. I don't see how next year you could maintain the same leadership core and pass that off to the fans. Unless you are Jed York you can and will. I am wondering what they are actually thinking now? Didn't Doughty say they have them where they want them? It is going to be interesting drama the next few days. Could be a tragic soap opera. I hope not. If they get through this series, then the rest of the playoffs are a mulligan. Pretty much exceeded expectations. Well unless they go up 3-0 and 3-1 on somebody again. Then expectations change again. They bring it on themselves as they have so far in this series.

You seem like a bundle of joy

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fuck CNBC. I want to see the Sharks not the cats and icelanders