• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kings forgetting how to score again.

Deader2818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea why we go through this every year it seems, lol

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
18 goals in the last 9 games in five came in one game, so basically 13 goals in the other 8 games - as I said in the game thread, the young guys need to get more ice time if the veterans are going to play like this against a shitty Flames team

Kings better score some goals next game

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile Penner is a point per game player :L

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile Penner is a point per game player :L

Yeah, we didn't need him.

=)~~

I honestly don't give a shit what other fans think of Penner, he wasn't the best player here and he is flourishing in an offensive system in Anaheim, but he was a big piece in the T6 that no one has been able to replace. The size, the grit, the possession, Toffoli, Vey, Carcillo, Pearson, no one has been able to replicate that and this team is built on that. Most fans don't see the big picture.

Would have been just fine if they signed him for what he got in Anaheim.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
18 goals in the last 9 games in five came in one game, so basically 13 goals in the other 8 games - as I said in the game thread, the young guys need to get more ice time if the veterans are going to play like this against a shitty Flames team

Kings better score some goals next game

The kids were invisible tonight too. It was a complete team failure.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kids were invisible tonight too. It was a complete team failure.

Everyone struggled, but the kids only played 7-10 minutes - it's the big guns who needed to step up and they didn't - the big guns have to lead the way

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penner didn't do shit in the regular season(not even looking at points), he rarely used his size, skill, legs for anything. It could be the style asked to play like most guys that leave LA and rack up points but I doubt it because he played as we expected him to in the playoffs. Sure he now has more points then anyone on the Kings but Richardson would be 3rd on the club and he is getting 3rd line minutes.

Deader2818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, we didn't need him.

=)~~

I honestly don't give a shit what other fans think of Penner, he wasn't the best player here and he is flourishing in an offensive system in Anaheim, but he was a big piece in the T6 that no one has been able to replace. The size, the grit, the possession, Toffoli, Vey, Carcillo, Pearson, no one has been able to replicate that and this team is built on that. Most fans don't see the big picture.

Would have been just fine if they signed him for what he got in Anaheim.

What/who do you give up to fit 3 million in?

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What/who do you give up to fit 3 million in?

That's the gem - nothing. And it's actually $2 million this time for Penner, not $3 million. You just don't take a body back.

Bernier got $2.9 million from TO, he would have had to essentially get a $1.6 million MQO from LA. You don't take Frattin, you give up Bernier for a pick and you instead sign Penner. Cap would have essentially been the same (Frattin makes about $450,000) but the lineup wouldn't have changed much. This includes taking Scrivens and his $550,000.

Dumbo gambled on a much cheaper Frattin producing and it hasn't worked. $1.6 + .55 = $2.15 million. A whopping $150,000 more a year had the Kings kept Penner and traded Bernier for a pick and Scrivens instead of taking Frattin too.

He may be a fat oaf but for whatever reason he made it work. It's like the fat guy with the hot chick, we will never understand how or why but they do.

Last edited by a moderator: