• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kings Board FHL 2013-14

DOD0083

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
except they've scored 1 more goal this year than the Kings have in the same number of games. High flying offense? pfh.

I could go into a lot about why I think this trade was horribly lopsided but I wont. I'll mention that I just don't think I've seen a trade you've proposed that's fair so far. hell a few years ago you tried to get me to trade Perry for Sharp. Sharp had a good season, 71 points. Perry had 98 points (50 goals) plus over 100 penalty minutes.

It's called negotiations. You offer lower than you WANT to pay, a counter-offer should come back WAY higher than you want to pay and at some point, if a deal is agreed upon, should fall somewhere in the MIDDLE. That medium is determined by the parties involved based any number of risk factors and conditions. If you don't like an offer or don't feel like countering/negotiating, then simply decline and we both move on.

Concerning my alleged Perry for Sharp offer, I don't remember but if you say so then so be it, not going to lose sleep over it. That said, all trades are done fairly early to middle of season and who knows what each players final stat line will look like, I'm not in the business of crystal balls or fortune telling. It's a gamble in any trade. Let's say for arguments sake that you took the deal and a week after Perry goes down with a season-ending injury, do we get a do-over on our deal? Are you going to count your blessings that you pulled the trigger or continue to second guess yourself for making the deal to begin with? I'm going to go out on a limb and guess the former.

Here's to continued successful season in our league and good luck to all as we head into the home stretch towards the playoffs. :suds:

Poo Flingers

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just out of curiosity, who makes the playoffs? Is it the top 6?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just out of curiosity, who makes the playoffs? Is it the top 6?

Top 6 is correct. #1 and #2 get first round byes.

On the league main page for our fantasy group it lists the standings, but this is just one of the three tabs that you can click (including Playoffs and Schedule) that are just to the right of the standings tab. This shows the current Playoff standings if the regular season ended today (Not impossible to figure out #3vs#6 and #4 vs #5 but still, it shows the setup).

Last edited by a moderator:

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's called negotiations. You offer lower than you WANT to pay, a counter-offer should come back WAY higher than you want to pay and at some point, if a deal is agreed upon, should fall somewhere in the MIDDLE.

Why not just offer a fair trade?

DOD0083

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not just offer a fair trade?

Because everyone's, especially mine, idea of market value differ. Some value some positions more than others (goalies), while some look at positional/draft rankings which once the season starts, don't mean squat. Hence the negotiations, if the 2 views are polar opposite in terms value then chances of a deal being consummated are most likely slim to none. The point is, you have to start somewhere. Would you go to the car dealership and pay full sticker price? Proabably not, you are going to want it a lower cost and chances are you come in with a very low offer with the goal being a price that is negotiated to what you WANT or are WILLING to pay and if the dealer gives it to you at your initial offer price, then you just saved yourself a butt ton of cash. Same principle.

That said, everyone is entitled to their opinion and if you don't like an offer then you can counter or just flat out reject it. I always like to keep the league active and stir up some trades, it makes for a fun league.

Now trade me Kopitar for Matt Read and bag of pucks, pretty fair eh? :)~:bullshit:

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SmileySecret-1.gif
Pete is moving up.

ouendan1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SmileySecret-1.gif
Pete is moving up.

certainly helps when your first 2 goalie starts are shutouts while both of mine get pulled ;)

outside of goalies it's a close battle.

ouendan1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another trade is pending

DOD sends Jakub Silfverberg (Anh, LW & RW) and Antti Niemi (G, SJ) to Deader for Andrew McDonald (NYI, D) & Jonathan Quick (G, LA).

seems fairly even.

Also this is my formal complaint that I didn't get credit for a shutout last week! I had both Gustavsson & Howard playing last week when they beat Vancouver 2-0. Gustavsson left for injury or something and Howard finished the shutout, where's my shutout commish? That turns a tie into a win and puts me in a tie for 3rd!

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also this is my formal complaint that I didn't get credit for a shutout last week! I had both Gustavsson & Howard playing last week when they beat Vancouver 2-0. Gustavsson left for injury or something and Howard finished the shutout, where's my shutout commish? That turns a tie into a win and puts me in a tie for 3rd!

And you're not going to - in shared SOs neither goalie gets credit for it.

Four words: sucks to be you!

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`•¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.•´
............\..............(

=)~~

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, so what happens during the break? There is still a schedule. I'm supposed to be facing ouesdans.
Do is all go down as ties?

ouendan1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the matchup runs through I think March 2nd so there will be a full slate of games and then some I believe.

and my goodness we have another trade:

DOD (shocker!) sends Michael Neuvirth (G, Wsh) to Drew Doughnuts for Martin Jones (G, LA)

backup for backup, nothing to write home about.

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, did he say STFU you insolent little douchebag absurd fuckhead annoying person?

I think he nailed you :lol: