• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Keys to Beating Rodgers and the Pack

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think before you type?

The key to winning this game.................:

Cutler needs to show up...........period!

We know our defense is horrendous They have not stopped anyone this season.So we all know what to expect in that aspect of the game.
Cutler on the other hand has a lot to gain by this game:
1.This is for the playoffs.
2.Revenge factor for the championship game he gave up on.
3.Playing for a contract.
4.Show up and beat a team you been atrocious against.
5.Beat a playoff worthy team.

We played a playoff team vs the Eagles last weekend and had our asses handed to us.Our offense was no where to be found and thats our best option?

Cmon Jay,get your ass out there and play like a man possessed................You are the KEY!!!!

You lost me at #2.........come up with something better:L

C

cubzzzfanincali

Bostic read your keys? Really? All three linebackers are moving with the linemen and the backs are cutting into the holes. That is just not bostic, thats anderson being pummelled and running into the back of the double teamed defensive end. What ever happened to the linebackers filling the gaps, not following the flow of the blocks? This happens to the 8th man in the box, all three linebackers and any cb's that are in the area. You cannot blame bostic if everyone is doing it, it has to be how they are coached.

Mel tucker ran the 31st defense in the league last season, barely better now. Let the line flow, the backers need to fill the holes. I cant believe they all went stupid, its the scheme.

I actually agree with this...all the linebackers are having problems. But Bostic has a horrible reaction time.

I just hope his rookie year experience helps him a lot during the offseason and he pans out in the long run.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a few thoughts.
A Rod has been practicing for the past 3 weeks. I expect him to be sharp.
Stopping or limiting Lacey is the fore more important. As he seems to be a go.
Jay has to earn that big contract in this game. He finally has the weapons to beat this team. He has 1 win vs GB . And that win can hardly be credited to Jay. Not trying to start an argument here.
Our last drive in GB proved we can run the ball against them. That needs to continue.
Keeping GB's O off the field is critical.
GB has been kicking our ass on STs also . Just sayin we have to be smarter there as well.
I like our chances in this game. Just for the fact of last weeks outcome. WE got our ass kicked. Just think my team will come back w/ some focus for this 1.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a few thoughts.
Stopping or limiting Lacey is the fore more important. As he seems to be a go.
Jay has to earn that big contract in this game. He finally has the weapons to beat this team. He has 1 win vs GB . And that win can hardly be credited to Jay. Not trying to start an argument here.
Our last drive in GB proved we can run the ball against them. That needs to continue.
Keeping GB's O off the field is critical.
GB has been kicking our ass on STs also . Just sayin we have to be smarter there as well.
I like our chances in this game. Just for the fact of last weeks outcome. WE got our ass kicked. Just think my team will come back w/ some focus for this 1.

Finally a Bears fan admits it

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our last drive in GB proved we can run the ball against them. That needs to continue. Keeping GB's O off the field is critical.

These teams are pretty much a mirror of one another right now... Packers fans are saying the same. Need to run the ball and keep Bears offense off the field.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bostic read your keys? Really? All three linebackers are moving with the linemen and the backs are cutting into the holes. That is just not bostic, thats anderson being pummelled and running into the back of the double teamed defensive end. What ever happened to the linebackers filling the gaps, not following the flow of the blocks? This happens to the 8th man in the box, all three linebackers and any cb's that are in the area. You cannot blame bostic if everyone is doing it, it has to be how they are coached.

Mel tucker ran the 31st defense in the league last season, barely better now. Let the line flow, the backers need to fill the holes. I cant believe they all went stupid, its the scheme.

Sorry, but please... lock onto Bostic at any point in the game. He's constantly going to the wrong gap, and stands no chance at getting off of a block.

He's undersized in the middle, and constantly being out of position doesn't help. The drop off from DJ Williams to him is clearly what made this defense go from bad to worse.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evidently Lacey will not be at full speed for the Packers, so that might be of some help to the Bears.

Yeah, I'm actually happy a hobbled Lacy is playing instead of a fresh Starks.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starks will get more carries. And Lacy has been hobbled for weeks now. Unless the ankle is worse then they are letting on, I don't see him playing any different then he has been. A drop in carries maybe.
Really the run game is what you need to worry about. The difference between now and the Monday night game is with Rodgers, and even if Flynn was the QB, is there is an actual threat of passing the ball. The Bears wee able to put 8 and sometimes 9 guys in the box and as the game wore on the running game was ineffective. Wallace posed no threat whatsoever to your defense. This time, you can't bring those safeties down or Rodgers makes you pay. Don't bring them down, and he can checkdown to a draw or handoff and get you there. Bears better learn run defense real quick. IMO if you haven't been able to do it for 15 weeks, why would you do it now?
Its going to come down to whichever defense gets the most stops. If either can get a turnover that will help. Rodgers isn't known for turning it over, and Cutler will throw a couple up there, Packers just need to get them which is something we haven't done much of all year until these last couple weeks.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you talking about? lol

Literally every Bears fan has been saying this for a while now.

My "Bear" friends to this day will still not admit that the 20+ penalties had anyting to do with that win and it was all the Bears themselves.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My "Bear" friends to this day will still not admit that the 20+ penalties had anyting to do with that win and it was all the Bears themselves.

Ha... I mean, the Packers definitely shot themselves in the foot that night. However, the Bears did make plays when it mattered.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had more in penalty yards than the Bears had in offense!

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure I agree with this. Rodgers can be a difference maker, but often when a player has been out for as long as Rodgers has, there's been some rust. Practice or not - there's still no contact in practice right? (Or a limited amount.)

Yeah, I'm actually happy a hobbled Lacy is playing instead of a fresh Starks.

I'm not. Especially after 4th-on-the-depth-chart Benny Cunningham carried 13 times for 109 in the Rams' game. I just hope McCarthy decides to pass more than he runs.

Cutler is our starting QB and he has been horrendous against the Packers...

I'm sure Turner, Tice, Martz; as well as Knox & Hester as our top WR; Kellen Davis as our top TE and a train-wreck-O-line has nothing to do with those losses.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW richig07 - nice write-up!

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Play Great Defense

The first key offensively is 0 turnovers.!!!!!!! The 2nd key is ball control /clock management. Score early and often.....Limit Aaron's time on the field and it should help immensely. The defense just has to play better all around period. Moreso than Jay we need them to play their best game of the season. Rodgers will not be rusty at all, he is antsy for this game and he wants to knock the Bears down and out. He has waited for this game since the injury. The special teams have to step it up also......if people thinkJay is under pressure, think about what Podlesh may be going through. He needs to play well and punt for his job. Devin needs to just catch the ball and run north and south. Robbie needs to just be Robbie. Its a winnable game its a losable game.

:omg:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not our fault you had so many fouls called. Stop fouling. Sure 21? Penaltys killed you but half was grabbing Peppers as he was racing towards AR. The penaltys stopped big plays by us too. If you guys wernt holding we would have had 10 sacks and maybe a few turnovers off pressure. I'm convinced the penaltys help you more then hurt you.

Last edited by a moderator:

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember the personal foul on Matthews when he was chasing down Jay from behind and instead of knocking the ball out of his hands he went for his head. Stupid penalties always kill

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not our fault you had so many fouls called. Stop fouling. Sure 21? Penaltys killed you but half was grabbing Peppers as he was racing towards AR. The penaltys stopped big plays by us too. If you guys wernt holding we would have had 10 sacks and maybe a few turnovers off pressure. I'm convinced the penaltys help you more then hurt you.

IDK about 10... but yes. They were holding for a reason. They were getting burned up front.

The Bears had a hell of a defensive front that year with Peppers playing the best ball of his career.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally a Bears fan admits it

Just sayin, Jay didn't win that game by himself. Yes your team self destructed w/ the penalties . But in my mind our D made the game changing play (forced fumble). Jay made plays when he to.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I agree with this. Rodgers can be a difference maker, but often when a player has been out for as long as Rodgers has, there's been some rust. Practice or not - there's still no contact in practice right? (Or a limited amount.)

I'm not. Especially after 4th-on-the-depth-chart Benny Cunningham carried 13 times for 109 in the Rams' game. I just hope McCarthy decides to pass more than he runs.

I'm sure Turner, Tice, Martz; as well as Knox & Hester as our top WR; Kellen Davis as our top TE and a train-wreck-O-line has nothing to do with those losses.

Like I said he's been practicing for 3 weeks. Think what you like . I just think he'll be ready to play. And will give us the game of his life. He has things to prove to his GB fans who have been questioning his toughness.
Many are comparing him to Farve in that way.