• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kendall Hunter...Gets no love?

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played great... but it's preseason. Coffee looked great a couple years ago, and Dixon was the leading rusher in all of the preseason last year, and neither guy was overly impressive during the regular season. That being said... I do think that Hunter is the real deal.

Exactly what I was gonna post. As others have said, I'd like to see him against starters. Just like last year when we went 4-0, you have to take preseason with a grain of salt. I place the biggest emphasis on how the starters execute and how prepared the team looks.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm less confidant in Oman's ability to transfer his play against better quality players. He gives me the feeling Thomas Clayton gave. He gets results, but i don't see "IT".

Agreed, I said something similar in the game thread. He has decent vision but looks slow, doesn't have that burst.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Exactly what I was gonna post. As others have said, I'd like to see him against starters. Just like last year when we went 4-0, you have to take preseason with a grain of salt. I place the biggest emphasis on how the starters execute and how prepared the team looks.

totally agree how prepared the team looks, for another PS game or even next two.........just want to see good preparation. basic things like:

1. good communication from Coaches....no calling timeouts cause you can't get a play in, signals to both QB and defensive captain isn't confusing, they substitute cleanly so players know exactly who's going in, etc.

2. the offensive unit lines up properly on base plays, no confusion with who lines up where. no confusion when there's a shift or motion. players know who'll pick up whom on blitzes?

3. the defense doesn't miss an assignment in coverage, no 12th man running into the huddle, etc.

4. Special teams cover well, not having players out of their lanes, everyone blocks properly on FG's.

obviously, we'd like to see the execution come around for game 1, just saying if anything, reduce our own mistakes now.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hunter at the very least hits the holes a heck of a lot quicker than Dixon does, which is why it wouldn't surprise me if Hunter was no. 2 in the depth chart at the start of the season.

The one thing that annoys me about Dixon since he's been here is those "dancing" feet he has - too much East/West for me as supposed to going North/South -- he's almost as annoying to watch as Ricky Watters was, although Dixon's game speed (not his 40 time) pales in comparison to the ND alum back in his prime.

Hunter may very well be the best player from the 49ers' 2011 class.