• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kendall Hunter...Gets no love?

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
9 Carries 109 yards rushing and a Td....he did a hell of a job tonight against the raiders defense.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9 Carries 109 yards rushing and a Td....he did a hell of a job tonight against the raiders defense.

everyone praised him in the game day thread. He looked great.

Giantsmojo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hunter may be the steal of the draft. But still early. He hit the holes and got his pads up field quickly, no dance moves from him.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hunter may be the steal of the draft. But still early. He hit the holes and got his pads up field quickly, no dance moves from him.

There was some moves from him, but they came at the right time. He had a few effective spins too. He has some shiftiness to him.

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does seem like the real deal, but I'd like to see him do it against the first team defense. So far, he has some in against the 2's but he certainly has been effective against them.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a really nice chop block later in the game. I know he has been struggling in that aspect of his game, but that chop block was nasty. I fully expect Hunter to be our number 2 back. Very excited about him.

PWilly52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time will tell but we may look back at this draft class and think wow howd they pull that off. Still early but they all are looking pretty good so far. At least the first 5. Kilgore had the block to spring hunter. Culliver was in good position most of the night, he just needs better balls skills when its in the air. I think in the long run Kap will be fine. Hunter and Smith in my opnion are rising stars. As with any draft we prob wont know for 2-3 years.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone was loving them some Kendall Hunter last night... I almost prefer Oman to Dixon.Dixon needs to play more like a power back. Use his power to get through the holes not dance around so much.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hunter and Oman really put on a show out there

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played great... but it's preseason. Coffee looked great a couple years ago, and Dixon was the leading rusher in all of the preseason last year, and neither guy was overly impressive during the regular season. That being said... I do think that Hunter is the real deal.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hunter and Oman really put on a show out there

I'm less confidant in Oman's ability to transfer his play against better quality players. He gives me the feeling Thomas Clayton gave. He gets results, but i don't see "IT".

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He played great... but it's preseason. Coffee looked great a couple years ago, and Dixon was the leading rusher in all of the preseason last year, and neither guy was overly impressive during the regular season. That being said... I do think that Hunter is the real deal.

Excellent points, and I hope you are right about Hunter. Rushing is not supposed to be exciting, but I can football like last night all season long.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said on draft day that I believed he was a future pro bowler and I still believe that. What I want to see is him do this on a consistent basis against starters. Last night he played mainly against backups and absolutely dominated which is a great sign, I want to see him get more early carries next game as I don't think Gore will play much in that one either. I really like the way he and Dixon compliment each other.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm less confidant in Oman's ability to transfer his play against better quality players. He gives me the feeling Thomas Clayton gave. He gets results, but i don't see "IT".

Yeah I agree. He did well against the 2/3's but I think he would have trouble with the 1's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Everyone was loving them some Kendall Hunter last night... I almost prefer Oman to Dixon.Dixon needs to play more like a power back. Use his power to get through the holes not dance around so much.

Whoa, whoa... I loved me some hunter last night but I'm going to have to side with Dub here (note we argued a bit in the game day thread and I was anti-dixon) and say that Dixon is better than Oman. When he doesn't dance and sticks with his first move to get through a hole he is a very solid runner. That being said I will say again I want to see Hunter play with the first unit against first units so we are all comparing the same things. Remember we had a HB a few years ago (was that coffee?) that led the preseason in yards and he was not anything special against first teamers.