• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kemp benched for 4th consecutive day...

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't seem like a team with "payroll concerns" would be interested.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends on if they'll include a walker in the deal.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would only take him at a bargain basement price like say Maurer or Ramirez. I would rather have Joc Pederson from their AAA. Kemp is a Guti.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I'd still take Kemp, only under the assumption that the Dodgers would eat a large portion of his salary. I don't think it is too far fetched that they would do so, considering that they are currently paying him $20m to sit on the bench.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would only take him at a bargain basement price like say Maurer or Ramirez. I would rather have Joc Pederson from their AAA. Kemp is a Guti.

I would like to have Kemp on the team. But you are right I would be nervous trading top guys for him.

That Pederson kid looks like a pretty good player. I would like to have him as well.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't trade top guys for Kemp because of what appears to be a regression at the plate and the obvious injury concerns. That is even assuming the Dodgers would be willing to eat a huge portion of his contract.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't trade top guys for Kemp because of what appears to be a regression at the plate and the obvious injury concerns. That is even assuming the Dodgers would be willing to eat a huge portion of his contract.

The Dodgers eating a portion of the contract is a given. The trade would likely not even be possible if they don't pay for some of that contract.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even with his injury concerns, if the Dodgers were to eat a portion of his contract I don't see why not taking a flyer on him. I'd think a Maurer, Ramirez, Franklin and a PTBN and eating some of his salary would be a nice start.

The Mariners would have to take on a good chunk of that contract and as most GM's do when their job is on the line, they over reach much like Bavasi gave a kings ransom for Bedard. Jack is going to have to upgrade the offense before the deadline if he wants to keep his job.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariners are broke so FORGETABOUTIT!

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crawford appears to have been hurt tonight, so Kemp will likely be seeing full time duties once again, most likely in LF. Since the Dodgers aren't a team that cares too much about payroll, it's likely they will hang on to all 4 outfielders for depth.

Apparently they are grooming Kemp for LF, which is a pretty bad sign since Kemp was once one of the more dominant defensive CF. He doesn't seem to have the same playmaking ability he once did defensively, so from a business standpoint I would be inclined to agree with you. This is coming from a huge Kemp fan too, but it's hard to think he'll return to MVP form when he's swinging at the same old breaking pitches low and away, over, and over. I'm dying to see some improvement.

Last edited by a moderator:

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crawford appears to have been hurt tonight, so Kemp will likely be seeing full time duties once again, most likely in LF. Since the Dodgers aren't a team that cares too much about payroll, it's likely they will hang on to all 4 outfielders for depth.

Apparently they are grooming Kemp for LF, which is a pretty bad sign since Kemp was once one of the more dominant defensive CF. He doesn't seem to have the same playmaking ability he once did defensively, so from a business standpoint I would be inclined to agree with you. This is coming from a huge Kemp fan too, but it's hard to think he'll return to MVP form when he's swinging at the same old breaking pitches low and away, over, and over. I'm dying to see some improvement.

Sounds like a perfect fit for the M's.