• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

KDS Draft Commentary Presents: Death of a [Used Car] Salesman edition

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ross is growing on me
He was the second best shooter in the draft

Lets give the guy a chance

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ross is growing on me
He was the second best shooter in the draft

Lets give the guy a chance

The biggest problem I have with the pick is that Ross will be a good scorer off the bench...essentially, it seems like we drafted a younger Ariba who can defend better. Ross can drive, is quick, shoots lights out from the outside and can defend. At 8 in this particular draft, we needed to shoot for the stars. We needed a guy who has star quality and has the potential to bust out and become an impact player for this team. This pick wasn't it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Okay, we have to pick now - who goes first: Winsbro's Drew Gordon?

Oregon+State+v+UCLA+5ellD0oI9jwl.jpg

Or Furkan Aldemir?

FurkanAldemir2_display_image.jpg

Marco Doubypops

Road Commentary Specalist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We. Were. One. Pick. Away.

I'm deflated. Fuck this gay earth. I'm done.

And in return, we get this ghetto version of a pretty boy, with an underbite. A MOTHERFUCKING UNDERBITE.

At least we got the steal of the draft on the second round though. Style points on so many levels.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fack Im just trying to be positive

BC is facked

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We. Were. One. Pick. Away.

I'm deflated. Fuck this gay earth. I'm done.

And in return, we get this ghetto version of a pretty boy, with an underbite. A MOTHERFUCKING UNDERBITE.

At least we got the steal of the draft on the second round though. Style points on so many levels.

Will we go down in history as blaming that stupid ass Nets game or the coin flip? Either way, we got Fordaned again.

froman77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i want quincy miller with our pick. hollinger had him as #6 on his board. #6!!!!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Eric Koreen sums it up well:

But if he pans out, he certainly does fill some needs for the Raptors. The 21-year-old Ross is very athletic, and shot a respectable 37% from three-point range. The Raptors will hope that Ross’s ability to perform at this level improves with his strength. He is listed as 6-foot-6, but just 195 pounds.

Ross was, no doubt, a consolation prize. They were hopeful of lucking into Harrison Barnes, the North Carolina small forward. Alas, he was chosen a pick earlier by Golden State. As the fates would have it, both the Warriors and Raptors finished last year with 23 wins. The Warriors won a coin flip to earn the right to pick a spot earlier.
“You have to take the next guy who’s available,” Casey said of Ross. “[Ross] was the next guy on our list.”

All in all, it was a bit reminiscent of the last time the Raptors had the eighth pick. In 2005, the Raptors reached far down to take centre Rafael Araujo because they needed a centre. That pick failed miserably, with Andre Iguodala going one spot later. Now, they hope that Ross will emerge as a better-shooting version of Iguodala.

That is not expected to happen immediately, however. The Raptors will prioritize adding a veteran small forward either in free agency or via a trade. (Of course, they will also be looking to add Steve Nash in free agency. Of that desire, there is no doubt.) If Ross or incumbent starter James Johnson is the starter to begin next season, it will be a disappointment.

froman77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey another canadian!