• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kawhi wants out of San Antonio

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it would get Kemba but the Cavs would never do that. Too much for Kemba

giphy.gif

I don't quite think so

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if they want Lebron, PG and Kawhi. To do that, they will have to sign Lebron and PG and trade for Kawhi.

If they sign Lebron and PG, they won't have the cap space to sign Kawhi next year and I don't think there will be much way for them to create it.
I am inclined to think that getting Leonard in a trade from the Spurs is a pipe dream. The Spurs still remembers getting screwed a few times in the Western Conference finals all to well Lol

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now the Lakers might get leonard in a trade from a third team later in the season if The guy pushes for it

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @a Cavs fan calling what Pelinka said "whining."

Anybody want to post Dan Gilberts tear soaked letter when Lebron left?

Or how about the one he sent to Stern whining about the CP3 trade and how unfair it was that the Lakers could improve their team while lowering their luxury tax?

Now that was some world class whining.

BOOM.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers would absolutely need to dump the Deng contract to make that happen.
Not really - but I think they would offer Lonzo Ball up to dump the Deng contract - Lonzo Ball was a disappointment any way and his dad causes to much problems - Lakers have 34 million signed, they have 60 million - that's 35 for James, and 25 for Chris Paul - They have bird rights to Randle and then they would be at their capacity. No question though they need to dump it. It's going to cost the Lakers to do that

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really - but I think they would offer Lonzo Ball up to dump the Deng contract - Lonzo Ball was a disappointment any way and his dad causes to much problems - Lakers have 34 million signed, they have 60 million - that's 35 for James, and 25 for Chris Paul - They have bird rights to Randle and then they would be at their capacity. No question though they need to dump it. It's going to cost the Lakers to do that

Why would Paul take $25 million?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would Paul take $25 million?
Why wouldn't he?

He isn't worth 35 million - Now if both of them settle for 30 million each - the Lakers can load them up in the second or third year and work it out - it's not a problem for the first year - it's having enough money to sign a third player like Paul George or Cousins - I am considering Leonard a lost cost - I don't think the Spurs are going to allow him to come our way under any circumstances

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That just doesn't make any sense to me. I know he's lebrons buddy and all but even lebron knows that basketball is a business.

The Lakers already have Ball and are apparently happy with him. Why go for another point guard?

The only way this would make sense is if the Lakers make a deal with the Spurs for Kawhi that includes Ball.
Personally, I'm not a fan of this move at all. I AGREE with you 100 percent and they would have to dump some young players for a team to get to the Western Conference 'finals at the best for two old players with one of them being injury prone

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I'm not a fan of this move at all. I AGREE with you 100 percent and they would have to dump some young players for a team to get to the Western Conference 'finals at the best for two old players with one of them being injury prone

To be honest, i'd rather the Lakers re-sign Randle than go for Chris Paul

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, i'd rather the Lakers re-sign Randle than go for Chris Paul
Again we agree - We're on a roll - and as much as I don't like papa Ball(without any) I think the Lakers should consider this young group over aging players with little shelf life left, but the rumors are going strong and LeBron's camp might be generating them to see what the feed back is

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now the Lakers might get leonard in a trade from a third team later in the season if The guy pushes for it

Talking a Kawhi Leonard trade to the Lakers in existence is not happening. By all accounts, the Spurs have said they're not trading him out West.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why wouldn't he?

He isn't worth 35 million - Now if both of them settle for 30 million each - the Lakers can load them up in the second or third year and work it out - it's not a problem for the first year - it's having enough money to sign a third player like Paul George or Cousins - I am considering Leonard a lost cost - I don't think the Spurs are going to allow him to come our way under any circumstances

Paul has literally stated that he wants the max and will get it. The only thing that's the hold up between he and Houston is if he gets a 4th and 5th year on the deal. He'll likely at minimum get the 3rd year. You saying he's not worth $35 mil is suspect when you look at guys like Conley whom are making over $30 mil. Paul makes the Rockets a legit title contender.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That just doesn't make any sense to me. I know he's lebrons buddy and all but even lebron knows that basketball is a business.

The Lakers already have Ball and are apparently happy with him. Why go for another point guard?

The only way this would make sense is if the Lakers make a deal with the Spurs for Kawhi that includes Ball.

Because Lebron probably has a 3-year window where he's still the best player in the league. Couple him with the best all-around PG, you have a serious combo. I think some were questioning why pair Harden and Paul together (since Harden handled a lot of the PG responsibilities the previous year). It worked out.

For a 3-year stretch, I'd take Paul 11 times out of 10 over Ball.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul has literally stated that he wants the max and will get it. The only thing that's the hold up between he and Houston is if he gets a 4th and 5th year on the deal. He'll likely at minimum get the 3rd year. You saying he's not worth $35 mil is suspect when you look at guys like Conley whom are making over $30 mil. Paul makes the Rockets a legit title contender.

you forgot to add "when healthy"...:dhd: