• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kawhi wants out of San Antonio

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I don't comprehend?

No jackass.

What I anticipate is that the Laker package will be far superior to any other offers because other teams will be skiddish.

It isn't about being soft or being bullied. The Spurs will take the best offer the market has to bear. If there is a semi-comparable offer made by an East team, that is where they will send Kawhi.

They might accept a 50 cent offer when the Lakers are offering 75, but that would be stupid.
see A. i dont think the Lakers have the assets to make the best offer B. I think the Spurs would take a lesser offer to prove they cant be dictated to and C. if Kawhi goes to the lakers in a trade it makes it more likely Bron goes there and there is no reason the Spurs would want to create another team to compete against the West.

If you would like to put a bet on Kawhi going to the lakers or not I am all ears. you put up your 4k--- ill put up 8k.

If he is a laker on day 1 of the season you win, if hes not i win.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
see A. i dont think the Lakers have the assets to make the best offer B. I think the Spurs would take a lesser offer to prove they cant be dictated to and C. if Kawhi goes to the lakers in a trade it makes it more likely Bron goes there and there is no reason the Spurs would want to create another team to compete against the West.

If you would like to put a bet on Kawhi going to the lakers or not I am all ears. you put up your 4k--- ill put up 8k.

LA is Kawhi's preferred destination. They might not have the most valuable assets but they're willing to give more than anyone else, that's why their deal will be superior.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know the Lakers don't have the best assets. I have said that from day 1.

The question is whether teams like the Celtics or Sixers will be willing to make a comparable offer given the likelihood that they only get him for 1 year. Maybe they are. I have said over and over that the Celtics should.

But, I have no interest in betting on something like that when there is a chance the Lakers could have the best package and Pop still decline it out of spite. I don't pretend to know what the Spurs Will actually do and I am not sure why you think I am the one pushing the Kawhi to LA agenda. I have talked about the possibility of Kawhi on all 3 rosters (LA, Boston, Philly) and am on the record saying all 3 should be in the Kawhi business.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I don't comprehend?

No jackass.

What I anticipate is that the Laker package will be far superior to any other offers because other teams will be skiddish.

It isn't about being soft or being bullied. The Spurs will take the best offer the market has to bear. If there is a semi-comparable offer made by an East team, that is where they will send Kawhi.

They might accept a 50 cent offer when the Lakers are offering 75, but that would be stupid.

This gonna be good.

:pop2:

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the Lakers don't have the best assets. I have said that from day 1.

The question is whether teams like the Celtics or Sixers will be willing to make a comparable offer given the likelihood that they only get him for 1 year. Maybe they are. I have said over and over that the Celtics should.

But, I have no interest in betting on something like that when there is a chance the Lakers could have the best package and Pop still decline it out of spite. I don't pretend to know what the Spurs Will actually do and I am not sure why you think I am the one pushing the Kawhi to LA agenda. I have talked about the possibility of Kawhi on all 3 rosters (LA, Boston, Philly) and am on the record saying all 3 should be in the Kawhi business.

This.

It all depends on how serious Leonard is about being in LA. Will he just be a rental? If he is, the offer is much less......if the C's or 76ers still make it.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wouldn't be the first time it happened. Especially when a player is trying to blackmail a team to send him to a specific location.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a player is trying to screw you by saying he only wants to sign with one team, and you are going to do him a favor and make him happy by sending him where he wants to go. Knowing he fucked you over no matter what happens.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would I do if I'm the Spurs,

1. Not trade him to the Lakers, because fuck him.
2. Listen to trade offers, if any decent ones make the trade.
3. If no decent trade offers, try again at the trading deadline(still not the Lakers) and if still no trade offers, he will have to wait to next season to leave. And in the mean time try to work things out with him.

Kenny

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a player is trying to screw you by saying he only wants to sign with one team, and you are going to do him a favor and make him happy by sending him where he wants to go. Knowing he fucked you over no matter what happens.

Or you trade him to another team, getting lesser value, hurting your own franchise, and helping out all the other teams in the West.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or you trade him to another team, getting lesser value, hurting your own franchise, and helping out all the other teams in the West.

Weak sauce, if you actually believe the Lakers can offer the best package, which they can't. Not to mention to you're fucked anyway you look at it on any real return value.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Lakers are willing to blow them away then perhaps that makes it a compelling deal. But if it is just a little bit better than some other deal then denying the Lakers because part of the deal.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weak sauce, if you actually believe the Lakers can offer the best package, which they can't. Not to mention to you're fucked anyway you look at it on any real return value.

They can't offer the best package possible but they might wind up offering the best actual offered package.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That I agree, but how much a team going to bid against themselves.

Truth be told I would be shocked if the Lakers offer anything serious prior to FA. Why give up assets to get Kawhi if they can get Lebron and PG?

Kenny

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe they can, maybe they can't. We'll have to wait and see. But I would like to think a franchise would want to get what's best for their team and not just try to stick it to a player because of some grudge/emotions or whatever.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That I agree, but how much a team going to bid against themselves.

Again, it depends.

If they think they are getting LeBron and George, they might be willing to pay quite a bit. Because Kawhi would be the pice to potentially get them over the top, and although good pieces, dumping all their youngins clears salary and could possibly let them move Deng to a 3rd team also.

Kenny

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Lakers are willing to blow them away then perhaps that makes it a compelling deal. But if it is just a little bit better than some other deal then denying the Lakers because part of the deal.

This I agree with. But some on here think if the Lakers package is far better, the Spurs still shouldn't take it, just to fuck him over.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, it depends.

If they think they are getting LeBron and George, they might be willing to pay quite a bit. Because Kawhi would be the pice to potentially get them over the top, and although good pieces, dumping all their youngins clears salary and could possibly let them move Deng to a 3rd team also.

So clear out the roster, max out on 3 players and fill the rest of the roster with minimum vet players?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This I agree with. But some on here think if the Lakers package is far better, the Spurs still shouldn't take it, just to fuck him over.

There is no question that the Spurs have a price they will accept from the Lakers.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets face the facts, I wouldn't seriously think about trading Leonard until close to the trading deadline. Teams will be willing to pay more than as opposed to now. Some team other than the Lakers would think it would be worth the risk.