• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kawhi wants out of San Antonio

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember the Warriors having the best record this year, strange....
You don't remember? They were 16-5 from mid April to June, by far the best in the league. It was awesome.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't - The Lakers were in third place one year they won with Shaq and Kobe - just because a team has the best record, doesn't mean they will be the champions or the best. The best knows how to lose games for the benefit of the playoffs

Yeah, that wasn't the case this year. The Warriors weren't losing more due to rest, it was injuries and a hot (regular season) Rockets team.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't remember? They were 16-5 from mid April to June, by far the best in the league. It was awesome.

That part was good, I do admit. Hate the Rockets (mostly Harden and Pringles) with a passion...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe they were taking offers until today (after they spoke with Kawhi). So everyone was likely shut down previously (especially the Lakers). They aren't actually shopping him yet.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe they were taking offers until today (after they spoke with Kawhi). So everyone was likely shut down previously (especially the Lakers). They aren't actually shopping him yet.

Come on, man. Maybe the Lakers will get Leonard but it won't be this year. Pops ain't trading Leonard to the Lakers.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on, man. Maybe the Lakers will get Leonard but it won't be this year. Pops ain't trading Leonard to the Lakers.
i have been trying to say this for a while now.

Id be surprised if they do trade him- if its in the West at all.

I think the most likely thing is he stays with the Spurs. I just dont see the Spurs being an organization that is taken hostage by a player. They have had too much success in the past.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is what i think @tlance does not comprehend

if you are seen as an organization that can be bullied- you are hurt long term.

If the Spurs have to take a short term hit and a marginally less attractive deal (whih is arguable in the first place whether you even believe in the Lakers young players -as they have no attractive picks)- is it worth it to be seen as an orgnization that can be dictated to?

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kawhi ends up a laker, but not until July when the money doesn't have to be equal. Plus the ONLY bargaining chip the spurs have is time, the Lakers probably want to get a deal done for kawhi quick so they can use him as bait for LeBron. The spurs could also pitch LeBron, and say they'll hold kawhi hostage for a year in hopes of a title run.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Spurs would accept a homerun deal like Ingram, Kuz, picks.....

But, I wasn't foolish enough to believe they'd even entertain the idea of Deng.

My bad for underestimating Pop and his gangster ways...lol
why do you think ingram and kuzma is a home run deal?

woudlnt you rather have Jaylen Brown and the Memphis pick or Sac pick? thats a deal the Celtics could EASILY afford since its not like they can pay tatum and brown both anyway.

or the Sixers- Covington and saric is arguably just as good if not better than ingram and kuzma and the sixers have better picks at their disposal.

is a small marginal upgrade- even there is even one- worth it to be shown that you can be bullied by a player? especially when you have as much good will in the bank with your fans as the spurs? not too mention if you trade Kawhi to LA- then that makes it much more likely LeBron goes there and then you just created another big time competitor.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kawhi ends up a laker, but not until July when the money doesn't have to be equal. Plus the ONLY bargaining chip the spurs have is time, the Lakers probably want to get a deal done for kawhi quick so they can use him as bait for LeBron. The spurs could also pitch LeBron, and say they'll hold kawhi hostage for a year in hopes of a title run.
i dont.

I dont think the Spurs want to look like the type of organization that can be held hostage.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
purs legend David Robinson joined ESPN’s Get Up! on Thursday, and The Admiral said that Leonard needs to speak up for himself instead of letting his group decide his future for him.

“I still think Kawhi has a tremendous amount of respect for Pop, and Pop has a tremendous amount of respect for him – and, really, that’s what it boils down to at the end of the day. Can two guys get together and talk about things? Now, there’s a lot of other voices in the mix, and so who knows? But last year LaMarcus Aldridge was kind of disgruntled and they sat down, they figured that out like men.

I think for Kawhi, it’s about growing up, right? You step into that responsibility, man, you’re the face of the franchise. You can’t *not* talk, right? You’ve got to let people hear your voice, not somebody else’s.”

According to Robinson, Kawhi has to take responsibility and step up as a leader of the franchise if he wants to be viewed on the same level as LeBron James.

“If you want to be a top two or three player in the league, you’ve got to be a leader. LeBron doesn’t sit around waiting for people to talk for him. LeBron gets out there and says ‘hey, this is my team, this is what’s happening.’ And I think that’s where Kawhi is. He’s meant so much for our franchise. We love him, we all want him to be there next year. But we want him to be there and take control.”

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why do you think ingram and kuzma is a home run deal?

woudlnt you rather have Jaylen Brown and the Memphis pick or Sac pick? thats a deal the Celtics could EASILY afford since its not like they can pay tatum and brown both anyway.

or the Sixers- Covington and saric is arguably just as good if not better than ingram and kuzma and the sixers have better picks at their disposal.

is a small marginal upgrade- even there is even one- worth it to be shown that you can be bullied by a player? especially when you have as much good will in the bank with your fans as the spurs? not too mention if you trade Kawhi to LA- then that makes it much more likely LeBron goes there and then you just created another big time competitor.

I like Ingram a ton and think he has All-star potential.

Kuz is a scorer.

But, he doesn't have the upside of Ingram.

I actually thought the Lakers would have to give up Ball too.

But, there is no chance the Spurs want to deal with his baggage after all the Shit with Kawhi's people.

As for the foundation of a deal, the young talent the Spurs would receive is not the problem.

It's the picks.

Late first rounders aren't enough and that's all the Lakers have to offer....so far.

Ps. Days ago I stated the Celtics could offer the most if it included Brown.

But, if Kawhi tells teams I'm out no matter what?

Brown won't be on the table.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
purs legend David Robinson joined ESPN’s Get Up! on Thursday, and The Admiral said that Leonard needs to speak up for himself instead of letting his group decide his future for him.

“I still think Kawhi has a tremendous amount of respect for Pop, and Pop has a tremendous amount of respect for him – and, really, that’s what it boils down to at the end of the day. Can two guys get together and talk about things? Now, there’s a lot of other voices in the mix, and so who knows? But last year LaMarcus Aldridge was kind of disgruntled and they sat down, they figured that out like men.

I think for Kawhi, it’s about growing up, right? You step into that responsibility, man, you’re the face of the franchise. You can’t *not* talk, right? You’ve got to let people hear your voice, not somebody else’s.”

According to Robinson, Kawhi has to take responsibility and step up as a leader of the franchise if he wants to be viewed on the same level as LeBron James.

“If you want to be a top two or three player in the league, you’ve got to be a leader. LeBron doesn’t sit around waiting for people to talk for him. LeBron gets out there and says ‘hey, this is my team, this is what’s happening.’ And I think that’s where Kawhi is. He’s meant so much for our franchise. We love him, we all want him to be there next year. But we want him to be there and take control.”
This wasn't a smart tactic...imo

This is the very thing that started the rift in the first place.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kuz is a scorer.

But, there is no chance the Spurs want to deal with his baggage after all the Shit with Kawhi's people.

As for the foundation of a deal, the young talent the Spurs would receive is not the problem.

It's the picks.

Late first rounders aren't enough and that's all the Lakers have to offer....so far.

Ps. Days ago I stated the Celtics could offer the most if it included Brown.

But, if Kawhi tells teams I'm out no matter what?

Brown won't be on the table.
Kawhi can say whatever he wants--- if hes dealt his Bird rights go with him.

if he gets to Boston, they win, and he likes his teammates and coach- hes not oging to leave. I doubt he says- im in a situation i like- they can pay me the most money- but im going because i said i was over a year ago.

what did we hear with Paul George? the same stuff right?

we heard the same shit with Kevin Love?

hes trying to leverage to get to where he wants to go.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kuz is a scorer.

It's the picks.

The contact from the Lakers happened before Pop and Kawhi met. If the Lakers have the best offer, the Spurs likely take it.

I just don't think they will.

The picks being the issue may be why the Lakers traded for that other pick. Maybe they are going to try to package it and move up to sweeten the deal for a trade for Kawhi?

Although, at this point it would likely have to be a situation where the Spurs tell them who to take since the draft is in 2 hours (or last night if you're @DJ ) lol

Worst case, they move up, the Spurs still say no and the Lakers still have a better player than they were otherwise likely to get.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is what i think @tlance does not comprehend

if you are seen as an organization that can be bullied- you are hurt long term.

If the Spurs have to take a short term hit and a marginally less attractive deal (whih is arguable in the first place whether you even believe in the Lakers young players -as they have no attractive picks)- is it worth it to be seen as an orgnization that can be dictated to?

What I don't comprehend?

No jackass.

What I anticipate is that the Laker package will be far superior to any other offers because other teams will be skiddish.

It isn't about being soft or being bullied. The Spurs will take the best offer the market has to bear. If there is a semi-comparable offer made by an East team, that is where they will send Kawhi.

They might accept a 50 cent offer when the Lakers are offering 75, but that would be stupid.