• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaep or RG3

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I"ve been keeping and eye out, I'm hoping we get him, good security going into the season..

Guess we'll see how it goes. Speaking for myself, just feel Kaep is crap as a QB, always have. Still definitely looks like the Seahawks want a vet, I'm thinking Austin Davis could be the right guy. Got the experience playing in a pro offense, not some college bullshit, where the offense is the QB making like a RB, but that's just me. :rolleyes2:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My concern would be the rain not the cold. But it seems like somehow a large majority of games since the Clink opened have been relatively dry.
Does anyone have stats on games played in the rain vs. No rain or just a drizzle/typical Seattle mist?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the sake of competition, try to sign Kaep and if he wins the backup job during TC, he wins the backup job.
If you trust Pete, you trust who his choice would be at backup QB.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess we'll see how it goes. Speaking for myself, just feel Kaep is crap as a QB, always have. Still definitely looks like the Seahawks want a vet, I'm thinking Austin Davis could be the right guy. Got the experience playing in a pro offense, not some college bullshit, where the offense is the QB making like a RB, but that's just me. :rolleyes2:

He didn't start many games for the Rams did he, just going off memory...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't start many games for the Rams did he, just going off memory...
10 games for the Rams in 2014, 284 passing attempts. Seems like good experience to me. Plus being he wasn't running a college like offense, where the main benefit was being a RB pretending to be a QB, he actually played in a conventional pro offense.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My concern would be the rain not the cold. But it seems like somehow a large majority of games since the Clink opened have been relatively dry.
Does anyone have stats on games played in the rain vs. No rain or just a drizzle/typical Seattle mist?

That's why it's so good for a QB to have big hands, especially in bad weather, even though Russ is small for a QB he's got monster size hands... One of the games that was really tough is when the Saints came to town in 2013 for the Divisional playoffs, MAN it was tough football weather, super high wind and rain ... I haven't actually compared the stats though for rainy vs clear, would be interesting...

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why it's so good for a QB to have big hands, especially in bad weather, even though Russ is small for a QB he's got monster size hands... One of the games that was really tough is when the Saints came to town in 2013 for the Divisional playoffs, MAN it was tough football weather, super high wind and rain ... I haven't actually compared the stats though for rainy vs clear, would be interesting...
I remember seeing something years ago about it. Then the eye test tells me there are more dry days which is totally surprising.

I enjoy being at a game in the snow outside the NW. The snow on the west side of the state is usually very wet. Just like a heavy rain. I'd prefer a blizzard and 0 degrees to watch a game in rather than rain. That's just me because I grew up in the cold weather and snow and still enjoy it.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It hardly ever rains on Seahawks' 12th Man -- except when the 49ers are here

In essence, the article states that since opening in 2002 - the Hawks have only had 18 home games that had any measurable amount of rain (less than 20%). Granted, the article was written in Oct. 2013, but I wouldn't be surprised if the numbers have continued to stay right around there.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember seeing something years ago about it. Then the eye test tells me there are more dry days which is totally surprising.

I enjoy being at a game in the snow outside the NW. The snow on the west side of the state is usually very wet. Just like a heavy rain. I'd prefer a blizzard and 0 degrees to watch a game in rather than rain. That's just me because I grew up in the cold weather and snow and still enjoy it.

Yeah snow games are fun, I like the elements playing a factor, snow games always add that element of unpredictability... One of my favorite playoffs games ever was that Pats vs Raiders 2001 divisional game in that blizzard... I still don't know how the hell Vini hit that field goal to tie the game late, I couldn't even tell wtf happened... It's also hard to believe that was 16 fricking years ago...

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It hardly ever rains on Seahawks' 12th Man -- except when the 49ers are here

In essence, the article states that since opening in 2002 - the Hawks have only had 18 home games that had any measurable amount of rain (less than 20%). Granted, the article was written in Oct. 2013, but I wouldn't be surprised if the numbers have continued to stay right around there.
Thanks for posting this. This is probably the same time I remember hearing someting like that. Very very surprising. I think lots of people would've lost monet if this was a prop bet. That is great for the fans.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for posting this. This is probably the same time I remember hearing someting like that. Very very surprising. I think lots of people would've lost monet if this was a prop bet. That is great for the fans.

Seattle gets a lot of "rainy days" or "cloudy days" that produce very little rain. Just wait 5 minutes if you don't like the weather and it will change. Seattle gets a bad rap about being always rainy, something like 10-16 other NFL teams get more rain in their home towns than the Hawks get.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle gets a lot of "rainy days" or "cloudy days" that produce very little rain. Just wait 5 minutes if you don't like the weather and it will change. Seattle gets a bad rap about being always rainy, something like 10-16 other NFL teams get more rain in their home towns than the Hawks get.
It's not a bad rap. It's a fact look at the past 5 months. Granted in most years many areas of the country get a total of more rain. But Seattle gets more days of precipitation. Just enough some days to keep you needing a jacket. So it doesn't total huge amounts.

It wasn't a dis on Seattle it just seems remarkable how few games have had any measured precipitation.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle has crappy winters and great summers.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
September is usually the best. Not to hot, not to much rain. Beautiful in September.

Agreed. I was out there a couple of years ago for a wedding, had perfect weather.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Living in Canada, I'm sure those crappy winters would feel like summer time for ya.

Calgary isn't that bad, since we at least get breaks with the 'chinook' warm winds coming west over the Rockies, but ask someone from Edmonton or Winnipeg if they wouldn't spend a winter in Vancouver or Seattle...

where you might not even have to bust out a parka if you wear a sweater under your jacket.