• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

JVR, Luke Shenn update

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flashes of brilliance??????????? I am laughing so hard i spit my beer out. A handful of games yes brilliant,three years minus a handful of games he stunk. when i say stunk i mean no checking, no passing, not in front of the net ,not a leader just totally invisible. I'm just happy other GM's are still interested we should take what we could get and move on.

fify?

and if so, party foul?

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just got rid of a 40 goal scorer who has done nothing else on the ice but score in Carter and look how bad that hurt us. We need a top 4 dman way more than we need a guy who may or may not delvelop into this scoring machine but realistically he does nothing else other than score if he even does mature into that player that you think. there are so many more parts of the game JVR doesnt do now nor will ever be able to do. Top 4 dman right now might bring us the cup this year and/ or maybe next year a lot more than waiting for this kid to do anything on the ice.

I never said that I thought JVR would only be a goal scorer and weak in every other facet of the games. When he is physical(albeit it's rare this year) he is one of the toughest Flyers to get off the puck, he has great vision on the ice and he has incredible speed. Now I will say he is a bit weak on the defensive side of the puck, but he's 22. Briere is by far the worst defensive F we have on the team and his offensive production has been jack shit, if anything he's hurting our PP by not being able to control the puck or make a simple pass. Then there is the difference in the 2.25m a year in cap hit between the 2 players, not to mention one is 22 and the other is 34. Your argument of keeping Briere over JVR makes no sense to me, I know you'll say the playoffs but let's be honest with the way he's been playing this year do you really expect anything out of him the in playoffs? Teams have figured him out and he hasn't compensated for it. Simply put he's too small and weak to be a center and he's a huge defensive liability, plus we have enough "veteran guys" who have been to the playoffs to keep the team calm(not that I really think any of our young guys need a lesson in poise after what they've shown so far this season).

You say JVR is a buts, I disagree and will guarantee if we trade him to an eastern conference team he will haunt us for the rest of his career.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only reason i would say trade JvR over briere is because JvR can get a better return.. and as it stands now, i'm guessing when we look back at this season, briere will have had a bigger impact than JvR.. if we're going to make a trade like this, isn't the end goal to win the cup this season? trading JvR for a top 4 dman gets us closer to winning the cup this season, if we can find a solid top 4 dman (with a contract longer than this season) for briere, then i say trade briere.. i'm just not sure what briere's return would be, or if they could get that kind of value for him

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then again, if you move briere you gotta think about the lack of playoff experience on the team.. you're then down to jvr, giroux, jagr, and talbot with solid playoff experience up front.. and the top 4 on D.. and very little quality experience in net

i'm not sure i'm comfortable w/ that

really i'm just uncomfortable with trading at this point haha.. jvr for schenn straight up seems alright to me, but that seems like a dead rumor these days.. could jvr get someone like jack johnson from the kings? i dno.. i dont really wanna trade jvr, but i think moving him for a defensemen that's at a similar level as him (not really a prospect anymore, but not fully developed) is the only route the flyers can go that i will like

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
then again, if you move briere you gotta think about the lack of playoff experience on the team.. you're then down to jvr, giroux, jagr, and talbot with solid playoff experience up front.. and the top 4 on D.. and very little quality experience in net

i'm not sure i'm comfortable w/ that

really i'm just uncomfortable with trading at this point haha.. jvr for schenn straight up seems alright to me, but that seems like a dead rumor these days.. could jvr get someone like jack johnson from the kings? i dno.. i dont really wanna trade jvr, but i think moving him for a defensemen that's at a similar level as him (not really a prospect anymore, but not fully developed) is the only route the flyers can go that i will like

i dunno, this nhl is much different than years back when you needed a lot of veteran presence. look at chicago when thye beat us for an example. not too many of their guys were playoff experienced.

i think if you look at trading briere, for a dman you rely on your youth forwards to play as they did in the regular season. most of your veteran presence would have to come from your dmen (coburn, mez, carle, kimo, maybe the aquired dman). leaving g, jvr, hartnell, jagr, talbot as your presence on the offensive side.

the more i talk about this the more i talk myself into liking the idea of moving briere for the dman we need.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said that I thought JVR would only be a goal scorer and weak in every other facet of the games. When he is physical(albeit it's rare this year) he is one of the toughest Flyers to get off the puck, he has great vision on the ice and he has incredible speed. Now I will say he is a bit weak on the defensive side of the puck, but he's 22. Briere is by far the worst defensive F we have on the team and his offensive production has been jack shit, if anything he's hurting our PP by not being able to control the puck or make a simple pass. Then there is the difference in the 2.25m a year in cap hit between the 2 players, not to mention one is 22 and the other is 34. Your argument of keeping Briere over JVR makes no sense to me, I know you'll say the playoffs but let's be honest with the way he's been playing this year do you really expect anything out of him the in playoffs? Teams have figured him out and he hasn't compensated for it. Simply put he's too small and weak to be a center and he's a huge defensive liability, plus we have enough "veteran guys" who have been to the playoffs to keep the team calm(not that I really think any of our young guys need a lesson in poise after what they've shown so far this season).

You say JVR is a buts, I disagree and will guarantee if we trade him to an eastern conference team he will haunt us for the rest of his career.

JVR has good vision????? how do you figure that he is one of the worst passers on the team.He's physical another joke he hasnt checked anyone in 3 years not just this year. When he does show up which is rare he is hard to get off the puck but when he has it he does absolutly nothing with it. He has incerdible speed but he rarely uses it every now and then when he tries his outside move that NEVER works is the only time he turns on the Jets.Briere is bad on the defensive side but IMO JVR is way worse he never back checks ever at least danny B once he gets into the defensive zone will check a forward JVR just skates around waiting for someone to get the puck and pass it to him so he could try his shitty outside move. Briere at least has done a lot of things for us in the past so it may happen again JVR has done absolutley nothing but be invisible for 3 years and only because of his age will bring us back more than Danny B. Plus Cooter lives with Briere and he will be homeless without him LOL

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dunno, this nhl is much different than years back when you needed a lot of veteran presence. look at chicago when thye beat us for an example. not too many of their guys were playoff experienced.

i think if you look at trading briere, for a dman you rely on your youth forwards to play as they did in the regular season. most of your veteran presence would have to come from your dmen (coburn, mez, carle, kimo, maybe the aquired dman). leaving g, jvr, hartnell, jagr, talbot as your presence on the offensive side.

the more i talk about this the more i talk myself into liking the idea of moving briere for the dman we need.

Thats a good one you said JVR and offensive presence in one sentence, thats like jumbo shrimp right.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
las i wanna know how you really feel about JvR.. this fence sitting is getting old.. :hockeysmile:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thats true.. plus i forgot about hartnell in my list of experience.. he's got a bunch too

but ya.. if the flyers can move briere for a top 4 d-man, i think i'd do it.. i just like the idea of moving jvr, for a d-man jvr.. cause the flyers dont need anymore youth up front, they're loaded.. get a jvr-level 'prospect' on defense and i think you're set

thats why i think they need to look at sending briere to the blues.. i really think the blues would give up a jvr-level d-prospect for briere and pick (not 1st).. they need more offense, and they're shoe-in for the playoffs.. if you lack scoring in the regular season, you're going to need a lot of help in the playoffs to find goals, and briere fills that role perfectly.. does briere accept a trade to the blues? perhaps not, but i think it'd be at least a lateral move in terms of cup chance, if not moving to a better cup chance (sorry flyers) and he's only got a year after this to 'suffer' in st louis if he doesn't like it

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
las i wanna know how you really feel about JvR.. this fence sitting is getting old.. :hockeysmile:

If by some crazy reason we keep him, i hope i am totally wrong and he turns out great but from what ive seen over three years he is garbage.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thats a good one you said JVR and offensive presence in one sentence, thats like jumbo shrimp right.

lol, i meant he would be one of the team members considered your veteran offensive presence :wacko:

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If JVR is traded for equal talent I'm fine with it, so I'll list what value should be.

JVR, Carle & 1st for Weber

JVR & 2nd fort Suter(only with an extension in place)

JVR & 2nd/3rd for Schenn & 1st, Jack Johnson and a 1st or Yandle & a 1st(could throw Bogosian in that list)

Another trade that I'd like to see discussed with Tor would be JVR, Carle & 2nd for Schenn, Franson & a 1st as I think that would help both teams out alot

With all that said I'd still rather Briere to STL for Shattenkirk And a2nd

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If JVR is traded for equal talent I'm fine with it, so I'll list what value should be.

JVR & 2nd/3rd for Schenn & 1st, Jack Johnson and a 1st or Yandle & a 1st(could throw Bogosian in that list)

Another trade that I'd like to see discussed with Tor would be JVR, Carle & 2nd for Schenn, Franson & a 1st as I think that would help both teams out alot

I like every trade you put together there i hope one of them happens i want the cup if not this year in the next 2 years but i'm expecting it this year.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i would make all those trades you listed.. i dont know that other teams will though.. but if the pens can get neal and nisky for goligoski, anything is possible

briere to STL for shattenkirk and a 2nd would be me ideal choice as well

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all those saying Burke overvalues his player, I really have been hoping when I go to Toronto some Leafs fan mention the name Kadri to me. Assholes will be torn. :)