• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

JVR, Luke Shenn update

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
not really ready to give up on JVR just yet. i feel like this wouldnt benefit us as much as we think. i feel if JVR hits his full potential it will help the team in the longrun more than schenn would. i know how valuable good d-men are, but i just dont think this is that smart of a move.

although this link makes it seem as if its part of a package. in that case, perhaps its not such a bad trade. schenn + something else for JVR might be a pretty good trade for us.

we'll see. could you imagine if pronger was able to come back for the playoffs and we do acquire a d-man before the deadline? our defense would be a lot more reliable for sure.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not really ready to give up on JVR just yet. i feel like this wouldnt benefit us as much as we think. i feel if JVR hits his full potential it will help the team in the longrun more than schenn would. i know how valuable good d-men are, but i just dont think this is that smart of a move.

although this link makes it seem as if its part of a package. in that case, perhaps its not such a bad trade. schenn + something else for JVR might be a pretty good trade for us.

we'll see. could you imagine if pronger was able to come back for the playoffs and we do acquire a d-man before the deadline? our defense would be a lot more reliable for sure.
It sounds like we would get more than just Schenn. I think Homer is waiting for the word on Suter before he pulls the trigger for Schenn. IMO I think Schenn would cost much less than say Suter. Just my opinion.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
IMO we are trading one Futre stuf for another future stud. Both are high picks that haven't lived up to expectations yet.

I think both will be fine, but I give JvR the edge in upside. I wouldn't be upset if this happened, it's just not really a huge upgrade at the moment because of Schenn's struggles.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO we are trading one Futre stuf for another future stud. Both are high picks that haven't lived up to expectations yet.

I think both will be fine, but I give JvR the edge in upside. I wouldn't be upset if this happened, it's just not really a huge upgrade at the moment because of Schenn's struggles.

48, was it you or awaz who just got a JVR jersey for Christmas? Like I said before, I'm done with jersey buying after my winter classic Giroux jersey. I think JVR's days in Philly are coming to an end.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
48, was it you or awaz who just got a JVR jersey for Christmas? Like I said before, I'm done with jersey buying after my winter classic Giroux jersey. I think JVR's days in Philly are coming to an end.

I want to say 4706 did but I am not certain. My new winter classic jersey is also a risk, but his name hasnt gotten thrown around much lately (The other Schenn).

But I do indeed have a JvR jersey. I bought it right before the Fenway Winter Classic and wore it there. Funny how most Bostonians could not even pronounce his name when "attempting" to trash talk me.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a Jagr :) And while jerseys are sadly becoming an addiction, I look to add a white L. Schenn soon. :D

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a Jagr :) And while jerseys are sadly becoming an addiction, I look to add a white L. Schenn soon. :D

That would be nice to see. Just the idea of two brothers on the same team is pretty cool. I'd think they both could push each others game up another level. I also think that Totonto will give up another player or pick besides Luke for JVR. Like most of you already said, JVR is going to be a stud at some point. If we didn't have the scoring depth like we do, no way do I make a deal. However, we would be filling a big hole on defense. I think Luke would thrive in orange and black. It's a win win for both teams if this trade happens.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I have said, JVR will be great. Using that same logic L. Schenn will be great too. I dont have a problem with Gus or MAB, but they are not the kind of guys I like to have as our best young dmen. Luke is 22, locked up for 5 years, has a brother on the dman team, and plays D. I am more than willing for this to go down, as I can 100% promise you JVR will not have lived up to his 4mil in 2 seasons. After that, I bet he does.

7 goals in 11 games last playoffs. With Giroux.

Hartnell has 19 goals at the halfway point. With Giroux.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah and for what it is worth, Burke said he wasnt talking to the Flyers about Schenn.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah and for what it is worth, Burke said he wasnt talking to the Flyers about Schenn.

I've been wondering to myself is Phaneuf is the actual target out of Tor. Depending on who we moved it could make some sense but again he carries a big price tag to not be a top 10 d-man in the league.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd prefer schenn over phaneuf.

Reading some tweets that jvr for schenn isn't gunna happen

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well now the story is the flyers are saying jvr won't be traded. So I guess that's that.

I never really thoUght they'd dO anything until they see how the d looks with gus in there

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well now the story is the flyers are saying jvr won't be traded. So I guess that's that.

I never really thoUght they'd dO anything until they see how the d looks with gus in there

I think thats the best move. I just hope other young guys aren't on the block if the phones are active. I want to see Read, Schenn, Cooter, even Harry Z develop on this team. So much NHL ready youth. (Technically Read isn't THAT young but he is under rookie contract as if he were that young).

No need to make moves at the moment.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like we would get more than just Schenn. I think Homer is waiting for the word on Suter before he pulls the trigger for Schenn. IMO I think Schenn would cost much less than say Suter. Just my opinion.

Absolutely. schenn is 22 and signed to a relatively friendly cap hit of $3.5 for 5 years. suter i better and still only 26. He will cost at least $5-6 per year.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. schenn is 22 and signed to a relatively friendly cap hit of $3.5 for 5 years. suter i better and still only 26. He will cost at least $5-6 per year.

I don't know exactly it's structured but if the flyers can use that 'game in the ahl' clause again on schenn I bet they will. Making him even more friendly at like 1.7

:L I'm talking about the wrong schenn