• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Just around the corner

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

getting close brothers and sisters.......getting close

Last edited by a moderator:

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know man and I am behind in getting scouting and such.

Too busy with work. I gotta get out there real soon and drop some stands in.

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AgrentinaDoveHunting600.jpeg

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That reminds me, need to get some shells reloaded, season opens Sept 1, Sunday. Hopefully it'll be a better dove season than the last three.

packerzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are doves that tasty??

packerzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpQJGi26LiA]Rutting Bucks - YouTube[/ame]

packerzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Archery season in the land of cheese opens next weekend

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just learned that my best friend and an associate are closing on 100 acres of prime hunting land here in the Berkshires of Western, MA. I walked it last week and it's amazing. Abutting by a nature conservancy that doesn't allow hunting. A dirt road leads in to an old shack and a field to the left that leads to the apple orchard with deer highways running through it.

Further downhill two fields are seperated by a 50yd road with a perfect rock outcropping that covers the road, the fields and the sparse woods leading down to the water.
A beaver pond is the prominent lowland feature that looks like duck heaven. We saw ducks on another nearby pond driving out. A nice brook trout stream drops out of the dam and cascades down a good drop. They are intending to build a fish hatchery.

It's almost too good to be true....only problem is I got denied a doe tag. Dammit, I have always gotten a tag for my zone and don't even hunt many years so this year they deny me? On top of that they're running around here like grey squirrels AND two weeks ago I actually hit a small doe on my motorcycle...without going down! I hit his back legs and wobbled but rode it down. Oh well, maybe it's time to sit for a wall hanger and we can get primitive arms permits so I'm still optimistic. I also have large tracts of prime goose fields. The twelve year old brittany at my feet is too lame for upland birds anymore but she sure pointed up a slew of them in her day.

Good luck to everyone; have a terrific season.

Last edited by a moderator:

bsanko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hunting today (archery) and found a nice spot where I found some good deer tracks. I also noticed that some bear crap. It bothered me a little, but I insisted on staying. I was there from 4 - 6 pm and I looked up just above me and what did I see? That freakin black bear.

Yep, that ended my day! No way in hell was I going to stick around.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hunting today (archery) and found a nice spot where I found some good deer tracks. I also noticed that some bear crap. It bothered me a little, but I insisted on staying. I was there from 4 - 6 pm and I looked up just above me and what did I see? That freakin black bear.

Shoulda filled that bear tag.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Had that happen last duck season, sitting there 4 oclock in the morning, didn't think to much about since we always run into Elk early in the morning there, he snorted once, that was enough for me out of the blind straight to the truck, the fat fuck sat there and ate my box of donuts, finished off my cup of coffee and left...

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shoulda fired a warning shot.

I had one standing off with my dog last year and one round from my .38 sent him packing back into the woods.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Archery season in the land of cheese opens next weekend

I miss being back there for hunting season. Hoping one of my cousins will fill my freezer with venison and walleye this year. NV sucks for hunting regulations and we don't have any walleye lakes out here