• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

JR <3 Marleau!

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A long time ago I pointed out a complete roster breakdown of why Yzerman didn't win one early on. He didn't have the supporting cast. Once Sakic got one he won as well.

While the supporting cast did indeed change you cannot discount how both of these guys, especially Yzerman, changed his game and became something other than "fast guy with a good shot".

There is just so many other things you can bring to the game if your shot isn't working for you. I rarely see these guys throwing the body, firing up teammates, or playing all out. They are soft jokes.

and this is exactly what I am talking about - however I don't think these things come about when your shot isn't finding the back of the net.. its required every single game and your scoring will handle itself. Its why you pay the big money to these guys - they are supposed to make the whole team better, not look to them to 'support' them.

I have given up on the notion that either will ever transform and as much as I want to see them bring the hardware to SJ I just can't bring myself to believe it anymore. Coaches are owners are paid a lot to figure this well before the rest of us and its clear there are rose-colored glasses on all of them.

As far as JR? I can't say I disagree with what he is trying to say - but he lacks the polish to do so on a national program for sure.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do pop in there on the rare occasion for a good laugh. I don't post though.

I used to check it on July 1st and the trade deadline but this year they were beyond pathetic in updating the trades. And it shouldn't have been to difficult there were only three trades...

The rest of the time it is just fan boys overrating their players fighting over who is better.

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well what he said about Marleau is true and he didn't say it is all his fault. He's an ice cold on the surface player. Jumbo is too happy go lucky on the surface. That is two of the biggest problems with this team.

agreed someone needs to put some PCP in these guys gatorade!

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I loved JR as a player, and agree with some of the things he's saying here, but people knocking Marleau like that are off base. Just because he isn't a big rah-rah guy doesn't mean he doesn't give a shit. He's one of the few guys on this team that you can count on to actually score a goal, especially in the playoffs.