• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Josh Hamilton back to Texas??

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this will be akward.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sounds pretty fuckin nuts!!!
Not sure if DFW is a great choice with about 6 strip clubs per square mile. Maybe he just wants to cut loose and see if it helps him on the field? Jello shots off some babe's bod every night after the game!!!

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have this crazy feeling that Josh's kids are going to see him about once every two years after the divorce, and they'll be cowering in the corner hoping he goes away when they do.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like Moreno , in fact I think he's one of the most clueless owners in sport today. That said , I LOVE what he's doing here. The guy doesn't give fuck about the money and he isn't hiding it , in fact he's damn proud of it. He's let the world know he doesn't give a fuck what it costs , he's getting rid of this asshole and making a spectacle of it. I don't blame him one bit , this is long overdue in the sports world and I like what I'm seeing. Look back just a few weeks ago when the Angels gave Hamilton's locker to someone else , this is beautiful stuff and I approve 100%. Moreno has taken a situation where he is giving away 10's of millions for a monstrous mistake of his and making Hamilton look like the fool. Not easy to do and for the 1st time ever I actually have an oz. of respect for Moreno.

Never sign a 30+ year-old baseball player to a mega contract. Be very leery of signing anyone 28+ years-old to a long-term, high dollar contract. The numbers just don't pan-out. For example: Pujols, A Rod, Hamilton, Texiera, Jason Werth, Ryan Zimmerman, Swisher, Sabathia, Votto, Ryan Howard, Prince Fielder, BJ Upton...the list goes on and on.

It's a nice story for the Angels to say that he was a train wreck and has personal problems (he does), but they're also a victim of their own bravado and poor management. They wanted to make a splash, and they got it; the only problem is the pool was drained by their cannonball.

Draft well, seek-out good young pitching, and leave the high dollar big names to the other guys - especially when it's a guy like Hamilton who smugly displays that shit-eating grin every time he strikes out. Otherwise, be prepared to pay for nothing in return.

Respecting Moreno over one of the worst contracts in baseball history doesn't make one oz of sense to me.