• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Josh Hamilton back to Texas??

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got an At Bat alert on my phone:

Rangers close to a deal that would bring OF Josh Hamilton from the Angels back to Texas. Neither club has confirmed.

Why the teasers?! Stupid media!!

BearDownUA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Espn just started reporting on SC that it could be done by Monday. Just saw it on TV 20 seconds ago and see this on the front page:
ANGELS-RANGERS CLOSE TO HAMILTON TRADE
The Rangers are closing in on reacquiring OF Josh Hamilton via trade, according to MLB's website. Hamilton, currently on the DL, had a drug and alcohol relapse this offseason and his lack of punishment by MLB angered the Angels.

How would Rangers fans feel about this? Compensation is unknown it looks like but even having this guy back after how he left

BearDownUA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bastard, beat me by less than a minute

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bastard, beat me by less than a minute
54159400.jpg

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Hamilton & $$$ to Texas for a bag of dicks. Moreno is just throwing money away...

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Hamilton & $$$ to Texas for a bag of dicks. Moreno is just throwing money away...

I like it. Hamilton and his wife created a lot of ill will with Rangers fans with their parting comments a few years ago. If he could get back to form and TX could get him cheap, he could win back some hearts. Gotta love a story like that.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it. Hamilton and his wife created a lot of ill will with Rangers fans with their parting comments a few years ago. If he could get back to form and TX could get him cheap, he could win back some hearts. Gotta love a story like that.

Well, the wife is out of the picture now.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the wife is out of the picture now.

Hmm. Should have figured that. Hamilton regaining his old game is probably out of the picture too, I suppose.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly shows the Angels really don't want ANYTHING to do with Hamilton!

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn OP, you're fast.

Just saw the 'breaking news' espin banner.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn, I just saw the breaking news.

Not sure what I think about him coming back.

I mean, if he regains some form and helps you win? Winning is the most important thing, right?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Hamilton doesn't kill any more Rangers fans.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only way I'm happy with this is if we're sending Choo and his entire salary back to LAA.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only way I'm happy with this is if we're sending Choo and his entire salary back to LAA.
Choo choo is there to stay Can hambone return to form?

Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reports that the Angels would not receive a player in return in the rumored Josh Hamilton deal, it would strictly be for cash considerations.
It looks like it will be a move strictly to get Hamilton out of Los Angeles and back in Texas where he flourished in the past. The Rangers are expected to pay less than $15 million of the $80 million remaining on Hamilton's deal through the 2017 season

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choo choo is there to stay Can hambone return to form?

Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reports that the Angels would not receive a player in return in the rumored Josh Hamilton deal, it would strictly be for cash considerations.
It looks like it will be a move strictly to get Hamilton out of Los Angeles and back in Texas where he flourished in the past. The Rangers are expected to pay less than $15 million of the $80 million remaining on Hamilton's deal through the 2017 season

I read that deal and it's glorious if you hate the Angels like I do.

Fucking LOL @ Arte Moreno. :yes:

And this still won't be the worst of the two deals if/when Pujols act unravels and the truth about his drug abuse comes out.

I think the Rangers couldn't say no to this deal.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still not happy about having this man child back. I love that LAA are getting fleeced though.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, Moreno only has himself to blame. Hamilton's baggage was well known and Moreno allowed him to be signed. He can't pass the buck on that one.

Second, when you know you are acquiring a player with an addiction problem, you have to be prepared for relapses. Pretending it can't happen is STUPID on the Angels. If Moreno has a personal problem with that, drug addictions, then he should not have allowed or even have been in the chase to sign Hamilton. Moreno signs the checks and , literally, the buck stops at him.

And did I hear that the Angels are gonna eat 68 mil? That's even dumber than just firing the guy. That's absolute bullshit. What a freakin disaster this guy has been for them. I'd love to say then Angels will learn from this, but all you have to do is go back a little and you'll find a monster contract for Gary Matthews Jr and the absolute worst trade of all time for Vernon wells. They've obviously had some hits with Guerrero and Hunter, but the rest have been abysmal.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, Moreno only has himself to blame. Hamilton's baggage was well known and Moreno allowed him to be signed. He can't pass the buck on that one.

Second, when you know you are acquiring a player with an addiction problem, you have to be prepared for relapses. Pretending it can't happen is STUPID on the Angels. If Moreno has a personal problem with that, drug addictions, then he should not have allowed or even have been in the chase to sign Hamilton. Moreno signs the checks and , literally, the buck stops at him.

And did I hear that the Angels are gonna eat 68 mil? That's even dumber than just firing the guy. That's absolute bullshit. What a freakin disaster this guy has been for them. I'd love to say then Angels will learn from this, but all you have to do is go back a little and you'll find a monster contract for Gary Matthews Jr and the absolute worst trade of all time for Vernon wells. They've obviously had some hits with Guerrero and Hunter, but the rest have been abysmal.

Absolutely agree and had the same thought. Just send the guy home and pay him, don't send him to your top rival. Almost makes you think he's a human trojan horse doesn't it?

However you slice it, Arte Moreno loses. Fuck him.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that deal and it's glorious if you hate the Angels like I do.

Fucking LOL @ Arte Moreno. :yes:

And this still won't be the worst of the two deals if/when Pujols act unravels and the truth about his drug abuse comes out.

I think the Rangers couldn't say no to this deal.
I don't like Moreno , in fact I think he's one of the most clueless owners in sport today. That said , I LOVE what he's doing here. The guy doesn't give fuck about the money and he isn't hiding it , in fact he's damn proud of it. He's let the world know he doesn't give a fuck what it costs , he's getting rid of this asshole and making a spectacle of it. I don't blame him one bit , this is long overdue in the sports world and I like what I'm seeing. Look back just a few weeks ago when the Angels gave Hamilton's locker to someone else , this is beautiful stuff and I approve 100%. Moreno has taken a situation where he is giving away 10's of millions for a monstrous mistake of his and making Hamilton look like the fool. Not easy to do and for the 1st time ever I actually have an oz. of respect for Moreno.