• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

jose dariel abreu

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i should have no bearing at all on your expectations. see the posting i just made to msg.

Its more that you rag of people for talking about the positive stuff. Obviously Abreu's first career month likely wont be indicative of his entire career, but we should still be excited about the possibilities he could bring to the future of this team.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and in this statement you sum up your complete ignorance.

for you to assume i have no positive projections about the sox is just wrong! you (and other 'fans') like to come in here and gush about things that are working. I know what works and like what works but there is NO reason to come in here and discuss what works! you and others have ALWAYS been wrong about what i think about this team. the only time i 'gush' over the sox is when i talk to fans of other teams (mainly here in pennsylvania it's pirates and phillies and a few yankees as well). i'm sure it would make you proud.

i come in here to talk about what's wrong and perhaps what can be done to fix things. it's BORING to exclaim to other sox fans how great we are. why can't you understand this simple fact? i have explained it before but no one seems to listen. in my mind this makes all of those people less than intelligent.
now it's not 100% ... but i do sometimes (not often) credit players performances. you all just tend to ignore those times.

you can dislike my posts, you can ignore me (well, apparently YOU can't), you can claim you have the higher ground ..... i don't give a SHIT! i will continue to post what interests me and hope that on occasion i find a like mind on here who sees what i see. i know i'm not always right (as if any of you higher ground fans are). that doesn't bother me. my record is pretty good imo.

my last words to YOU on abreu ..... i would NOT have given him the kind of money they gave him. the odds of him being worth it are low, and we've seen the sox track record on huge contracts. i saw plenty of footage of him and saw a slow bat. even when he was hitting them out. i did not see that as translating well to the big leagues. i am pleased as punch he's doing what he's doing. i will also not be surprised if it doesn't continue and i won't be satisfied the sox did the right thing until he has 2 REALLY good years under his belt. i've seen too may one year wonders and so have you tho you probably flush them out of your mind with all your gushy positiveness. i DO gain confidence in him as things go along but $68 million is a LOT of money. we've seen what it can do when applied to players such as dunn, peavy, danks etc. so excuse me for not claiming all the info is in on abreu.

or don't excuse me. the shit you dish out actually rolls right off my back.

Yes, clearly it rolls right off your back.

So much anger.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, clearly it rolls right off your back.

So much anger.

what a childish ploy. keep repeating what you know isn't true JUST to try and irritate me. my god! i thought you were more mature.

do you do this because i answer your silly assumptions? trust me, if there were more and better posters here that i could banter with i'd barely know you existed. you don't actually add anything worthwhile to these boards.

Last edited by a moderator:

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its more that you rag of people for talking about the positive stuff. Obviously Abreu's first career month likely wont be indicative of his entire career, but we should still be excited about the possibilities he could bring to the future of this team.

oh i think if you actually investigated you'll find i'm usually on the defensive, not the other way around.

and i AM excited about the possibilities.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what a childish ploy. keep repeating what you know isn't true JUST to try and irritate me. my god! i thought you were more mature.

do you do this because i answer your silly assumptions? trust me, if there were more and better posters here that i could banter with i'd barely know you existed. you don't actually add anything worthwhile to these boards.

Do you ever wonder why there aren't more posters here?

And what do you mean 'what I know isn't true'? I honestly think you are an angry guy. Or at least you post that way.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you ever wonder why there aren't more posters here?

And what do you mean 'what I know isn't true'? I honestly think you are an angry guy. Or at least you post that way.

oh yes, i'm sure it's out that idseer is on this site so you better steer clear ................ numskull! :laugh3:

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read these boards every now and then, but rarely post. But I must say, reading idseer's posts is very amusing. Seeing someone be so incredibly and stubbornly wrong makes me laugh. Carry on.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read these boards every now and then, but rarely post. But I must say, reading idseer's posts is very amusing. Seeing someone be so incredibly and stubbornly wrong makes me laugh. Carry on.

not nearly so clever or amusing as one with such a moniker as yours. i'm going to guess you serve burgers for a living.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not nearly so clever or amusing as one with such a moniker as yours. i'm going to guess you serve burgers for a living.

Burgers, eh? That's a good one. I haven't heard that from any other idiots on the internet. It's so easy to do because you don't know me, right? And no, I don't serve burgers for a living. I sometimes serve myself burgers that I grilled myself, but not often because red meat clogs your arteries. Do you serve burgers for a living? I only ask because people like you seem to project their insecurities onto others.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burgers, eh? That's a good one. I haven't heard that from any other idiots on the internet. It's so easy to do because you don't know me, right? And no, I don't serve burgers for a living. I sometimes serve myself burgers that I grilled myself, but not often because red meat clogs your arteries. Do you serve burgers for a living? I only ask because people like you seem to project their insecurities onto others.

and yet .... there's your moniker. tool LOL

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Abreu, still no love around here...

Kind of easy ROY at this pace.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it would appear the sox are close to signing this 26 year old hulking 1st baseman (or DH .... apparently he can not do anything else) and people are suggesting him getting as much as $70M!

i'm thinking ..... HELL NO!

not going to go into his numbers here (google the guy) but i fail to see how someone like this who MAY hit 40 dingers but also hit around .220, k 200+ times and is very snail-like will help the sox. major league pitching is NOT chinese pitching or even cuban pitching. he's not a real athlete imo. he's another dunn and that's all we'd need is to saddle ourselves JUST as we're about to kick dunn's ass out!

unless he comes in MUCH more reasonable that what the articles i've read suggest i do NOT want this guy.

Hmmm...

:L :noidea:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course i don't get any sox news radio-wise where i am but this is just crazy talk, unless it's just wishful thinking on the part of radio jocks. surely the team wouldn't make this claim! i don't care who you are ... no one can be counted on like that having never seen a major or minor league pitch, not to mention putting the kid in that kind of pressure position. i know the sox management is not very baseball savy but surely they would know better than this ................ wouldnt they?

Oops. :tsk: