• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jordan is now our target

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sam_amick Source says Golden State is expected to make a hard run at the Clippers' DeAndre Jordan if and when New York wins out on Chandler. 11 seconds ago · reply · retweet · favorite

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how we pry away Jordan since he is restricted and all the Clipps have to do is unload Kaman to the Spurs and match.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only remote way the Warriors have a shot at resigning Jordan is by offering him a huge contract the Clippers will be forced to think hard about matching. The Clips already offered him a 5 year 40M contract. If they're willing to pay him 8M a year voluntarily, I'm sure they'd be willing to go as high as 10M without a sweat. I don't really see the Warriors getting him.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nene as well. I'm not very high on him. He's a PF IMO.

-Woj
Nene is still wide open, with Denver, Indiana, Houston, Golden State and New Jersey in hot pursuit, league sources say.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-Woj
The bidding to sign Clips' DeAndre Jordan to an offer sheet Friday likely to include G-State, Houston, New Orleans and Denver, sources say.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chandler would have finally brought aggression, good defense, and good rebounding to the center spot. This sucks.

The other options just don't excite me. I sure hope they don't overpay for Nene.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are getting shit.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We are getting shit.

Yup. But you gotta give it up for the front office. They made a very legitimate attempt to get a superstar on the team. I am disappointed that they would not deal Curry to land Paul, but if Paul had indeed told them that he would not sign a long-term contract as is rumored, then they did the right thing.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clips will match. I have prepared myself for Kwame Brown as our off-season addition.

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Grizzlies might get the bargain of the off-season in Gasol. They seem to have scared everybody off by their tough talk of matching any offer - that's put fear into people to even make the offer, so Memphis may end up getting him for a steal.

I'd be more amenable to give Gasol an offer starting at about $14M/year than I would to give the very unproven Jordan anything starting at over $9M/year. Jordan might have motivation issues (he only really brought it last year, when/because his buddy Blake forced it), and he has a limited skill set. He's an elite athlete, but one injury or a few extra donuts can take that away quickly, and then we're out a bunch of money. Worst-case, Memphis matches and completely consumes all of their cap and flexibility for the next few years between Gasol/Randolph/Gay..... best case, we get an extremely solid 26-year old center who would fit very nicely.

Don't overpay for Jordan. If we offer him a deal starting at $10M/year, I hope the Clippers match it. If not, I suspect in 1-3 years, we'll be regretting it.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may be a bit bold, but I think Jordan will be better than Chandler at the same point in his career that Chandler is in. Jordan a thicker and more athletic, which in turn means that he'll be able to hold up in the paint better against bigger bodies. I think Jordan is already aleast the same finisher that Chandler is. Chandler isn't getting any better, he's at his peak, which would've been a great fit for us. I think Jordan will fit in very well also, if not better in a couple of seasons. I really hope we could pull this deal off.

Tyson Chandler Mix 2011 - Highlights [HD] - YouTube
DeAndre Jordan career mix season 2010-2011 Los Angeles Clippers (Blocks, Dunks Alley oops) - YouTube
He's worth the risk, throw him out a little more just to make sure we get him.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently The Clips will match, according to ESPN. Rumors swirling around that Jordan will be included in a trade to New Orleans for Chris Paul.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Bucher says they are matching. Like I said, get ready for Kwame Brown.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Bucher says they are matching. Like I said, get ready for Kwame Brown.

I hope not. We should just focus on utilizing Udoh and Biens then. Biens has come in a chisled 15 lbs heavier. Udoh and Lee played well together down the stretch last season.
I would like us to be able to unload Ellis for a lottery pick in this upcoming draft. To tell you the truth, I wouldn't mind blowing it up (except for Curry and Thompson). Having a pair of lottery picks this season would do wonders for the organization.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors sign DeAndre Jordan to offer sheet ? USATODAY.com
If they do match then I'm pushing for them to blow it up and build the team the way they want, instead of trying to play with a gang of Nelson layovers (including that bad trade). This isn't the season to miss out on a lottery pick. We blow it up and we'll get our early 1st, plus we could get another lottery pick for a combination of Ellis, Lee or Wright. Two lottery picks in this draft will along way.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Warriors sign DeAndre Jordan to offer sheet ? USATODAY.com
If they do match then I'm pushing for them to blow it up and build the team the way they want, instead of trying to play with a gang of Nelson layovers (including that bad trade). This isn't the season to miss out on a lottery pick. We blow it up and we'll get our early 1st, plus we could get another lottery pick for a combination of Ellis, Lee or Wright. Two lottery picks in this draft will along way.

The new owners will never blow up this team. They want to win and they fully believe that keeping _avi_ Lee and Steph Curry is the best way to do that. While I agree that Curry is a player who can be built around, as long as _avi_ Lee is on the roster, there is no possibility of a rebuild. He makes too much money and plays a position that is too valuable to be wasted on a guy who pads his stats with meaningless rebounds and constantly gets beaten on defense.

If the new owners were ever going to be serious abut a rebuild, they would not have wasted the amnesty clause on an insignificant contract like Charlie Bell's. They would have dumped Lee and his $58 mil.