• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joel Embiid is a goon; Will find some creative way to underachieve in our league...

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During the 2017-18 season alone, this undisciplined asshole has gotten into it with Donovan Mitchell, Russell Westbrook, Lance Stephenson, Marcus Morris, and Hassan Whiteside, just to name a few.

Typically, I'm a fan of not making friends on the court, but there's a fine line between doing so and just being an overzealous idiot cluelessly putting a target on your back, and we all know that Embiid's turnover rate is obscenely high for a big man.

I like Ben Simmons' game, and he's going to be close to unstoppable going forward if he continues to work on his FT shooting. The Sixers played nearly flawless basketball the final two weeks of the regular season with Simmons surrounded by shooters, and without Embiid there to clog up the lane. Simmons is ultimately going to be the guy that's going to put the Sixers in position to win titles, but Embiid is going to be the determining factor on whether or not they actually do so and whether or not he stays healthy and/or commits some stupid act while on the court.

Here's an instance where Mr. Embiid injured Domantas Sabonis by flopping and trying to get a call:

Stay classy, Joel.

As a Pacers fan, I can honestly say with a straight face that barring a major FA signing on their part (which unlike some people, I ain't counting on), that will are better than them, and will be better than them. Maybe not in terms of regular season wins, but if we meet the Sixers in the playoffs we will beat them. I'd be willing to risk my undefeated record on SportsHoopla avi bets on that one. I'd like nothing more than to see tlance sporting Russell Westbrook for a couple of months. :clap:

Ultimately, my bold prediction is that this clown Embiid will one day do something that will cost the Sixers a chance at a title, and when that day comes, people will say it wasn't a very bold opinion at all.

But perhaps even more importantly, I'm looking forward to a rebirth of the late 90's/early 2000's Pacers/Sixers rivalry, and era when we beat them in the playoffs twice and they beat us once.

Bill Walton's call on this one was priceless:

He called the shot before it actually happened...It was the most predictable play in the book, and Philly was clueless to stop it. :yahoo:

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think Philly should trade Embiid straight up for Solomon Hill or should the Pelicans have to throw in a few future first round picks too?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cliffnotes for everyone here:

1) OP says Embiid is "undisciplined asshole, who will cost the 76ers games.
2) Says as a Pacer fan he believes the Pacers are better than the Sixers and would beat them (barring major free agency acquisition)
3) Decides to ignore that the Sixers have so many incoming draft picks still and have tons of cap space which is EXACTLY for a big free agent acquisition.

So in other words a Pacers fan is saying the Pacers are and will be better than the 76ers going forward, but only so long as the 76ers don't try to get any better. LOL.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2) Says as a Pacer fan he believes the Pacers are better than the Sixers and would beat them (barring major free agency acquisition)
3) Decides to ignore that the Sixers have so many incoming draft picks still and have tons of cap space which is EXACTLY for a big free agent acquisition.

So in other words a Pacers fan is saying the Pacers are and will be better than the 76ers going forward, but only so long as the 76ers don't try to get any better. LOL.

excellent breakdown...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As far as trollbait goes, this thread was pretty weak.

Even the YouTube clip of Sabonis getting hurt was pretty weak sauce.

The Sixers were better this year than the Pacers with a rookie running the show and 2 of their other 4 starters being 2nd year players. Even if they don't bring in some quality FA talent, they are going to be a very good team next year.

The Pacers are in "what a nice story" territory. Gritty team that overachieves but doesn't really scare anyone.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as trollbait goes, this thread was pretty weak.

Even the YouTube clip of Sabonis getting hurt was pretty weak sauce.

The Sixers were better this year than the Pacers with a rookie running the show and 2 of their other 4 starters being 2nd year players. Even if they don't bring in some quality FA talent, they are going to be a very good team next year.

The Pacers are in "what a nice story" territory. Gritty team that overachieves but doesn't really scare anyone.

Using Goon rather than thug does however show great growth for our society.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During the 2017-18 season alone, this undisciplined asshole has gotten into it with Donovan Mitchell, Russell Westbrook, Lance Stephenson, Marcus Morris, and Hassan Whiteside, just to name a few.

Typically, I'm a fan of not making friends on the court, but there's a fine line between doing so and just being an overzealous idiot cluelessly putting a target on your back, and we all know that Embiid's turnover rate is obscenely high for a big man.

I like Ben Simmons' game, and he's going to be close to unstoppable going forward if he continues to work on his FT shooting. The Sixers played nearly flawless basketball the final two weeks of the regular season with Simmons surrounded by shooters, and without Embiid there to clog up the lane. Simmons is ultimately going to be the guy that's going to put the Sixers in position to win titles, but Embiid is going to be the determining factor on whether or not they actually do so and whether or not he stays healthy and/or commits some stupid act while on the court.

Here's an instance where Mr. Embiid injured Domantas Sabonis by flopping and trying to get a call:

Stay classy, Joel.

As a Pacers fan, I can honestly say with a straight face that barring a major FA signing on their part (which unlike some people, I ain't counting on), that will are better than them, and will be better than them. Maybe not in terms of regular season wins, but if we meet the Sixers in the playoffs we will beat them. I'd be willing to risk my undefeated record on SportsHoopla avi bets on that one. I'd like nothing more than to see tlance sporting Russell Westbrook for a couple of months. :clap:

Ultimately, my bold prediction is that this clown Embiid will one day do something that will cost the Sixers a chance at a title, and when that day comes, people will say it wasn't a very bold opinion at all.

But perhaps even more importantly, I'm looking forward to a rebirth of the late 90's/early 2000's Pacers/Sixers rivalry, and era when we beat them in the playoffs twice and they beat us once.

He called the shot before it actually happened...It was the most predictable play in the book, and Philly was clueless to stop it. :yahoo:

Yet another thread by you trying to call me out in the OP.

Do you not comprehend how pathetic this is?

Everything I have ever said about the 6ers and their future is based on the combination of 2 superstar talents + cap space to land another max player.

I do think the Pacers and Sixers are pretty even right now, but the Sixers won't have the same roster next season. They might be better, they might be worse depending on FA.

If you want to make some kind of bet after free agency settles, we can address it then. For now though, your assertion is irrelevant because it ignores a huge part of the process. As I have said multiple times, the Sixers are still probably 2 years and a big free agent away. The Pacers are bound for an eternity of being good, not great.

If you want to bet on which team wins a title first, I will do that today. I could care less which team is better next season if neither are ready to contend.

Lastly, the Bryan Collangelo mess could have a profound impact on the future of this team, depending on what info comes out and how the 6ers deal with it.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Everything I have ever said about the 6ers and their future is based on the combination of 2 superstar talents + cap space to land another max player.

I do think the Pacers and Sixers are pretty even right now, but the Sixers won't have the same roster next season. They might be better, they might be worse depending on FA.

If you want to make some kind of bet after free agency settles, we can address it then. For now though, your assertion is irrelevant because it ignores a huge part of the process. As I have said multiple times, the Sixers are still probably 2 years and a big free agent away. The Pacers are bound for an eternity of being good, not great.

If you want to bet on which team wins a title first, I will do that today. I could care less which team is better next season if neither are ready to contend.

Lastly, the Bryan Collangelo mess could have a profound impact on the future of this team, depending on what info comes out and how the 6ers deal with it.
just accept that your a celebrity

MikeMed

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,090.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Using Goon rather than thug does however show great growth for our society.

I was thinking the same thing..........I mean I would have been totally offended had he used the word thug.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yo, coach...

with all this space you have rented in his head have you ever considered turning it into a Timeshare opportunity...?:heh:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Cavs had it bad. How in the hell do the Pacers get better? They can’t attract a free agent or build through the draft getting knocked out in the 1st round. They had a great season but it wont get better than this. They have to get lucky and pick a Kawhi in the late 1st round.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of dirty players in the NBA... Draymond Green is one of them.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There seems to be no bottom to the well of ghey that OP has access to.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yo, coach...

with all this space you have rented in his head have you ever considered turning it into a Timeshare opportunity...?:heh:

How much you think that would be worth?

Unfortunately, I fear I might have to pay somebody to get them to join this timeshare...

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stay classy, Joel.

Fuck up.