• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jalen Hurts is the Eagles starting quarterback

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it wasn't like Hurts came in and played like Mahomes. He did play well and good enough for the win and that is good for a rookie. Enough said, on to Arizona. ( in my best Belichick voice).
The 2 biggest takeaways for me is that the team as a whole played better around him and I saw a graphic where he was pressured 14 times and there were zero negative plays on those pressures. That is huge considering what Wentz was giving them all year. But it remains to be seen what happens. Once the Eagles are eliminated ( next week, imo), and we head into the offseason, this will be very entertaining to watch. The Wentz contract looms over their head. Is Doug P back? Does Lurie wake up and see that his buddy Howie is really not a good GM sans one lucky SB run? They will be in full circus mode, fun times.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly fans are always elite when it comes to comic entertainment regarding their sports teams...

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep! That was it! I think a few times . There was another from was it qb film room or one of those type of accounts...but baldy definitely did! What’s up man where u been. I miss someone to bs horses with

I’ve mostly been just spending more time with family since I’m working from home. You’d think without a commute and less supervision that I’d be less busy but I feel like there is less free time than I used to have pre-coronavirus.

I’ll probably start keeping an eye out for 2021 derby horses in January/February so maybe I’ll be a little more active. I had a lot of bets that needed Tiz the Law to win this year’s derby so I kinda stopped betting for a little while. That was a tough loss.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve mostly been just spending more time with family since I’m working from home. You’d think without a commute and less supervision that I’d be less busy but I feel like there is less free time than I used to have pre-coronavirus.

I’ll probably start keeping an eye out for 2021 derby horses in January/February so maybe I’ll be a little more active. I had a lot of bets that needed Tiz the Law to win this year’s derby so I kinda stopped betting for a little while. That was a tough loss.
Ouch yeah. Man I think I posted that I had funds on thousand words. When he scratched I tried to put it all on authentic .... and got shut out. Loose on the lead that horse ha no fear. I liked him for the BC too..

Chief Cola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the second time Doug Pederson has a backup QB capable of winning in his hip pocket.

Do you really want to fire this guy?

As for Wentz, his career numbers are almost identical to Jared Goff. I find that interesting since I'm not into hyperbolic in the moment overreactions.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the second time Doug Pederson has a backup QB capable of winning in his hip pocket.

Do you really want to fire this guy?

As for Wentz, his career numbers are almost identical to Jared Goff. I find that interesting since I'm not into hyperbolic in the moment overreactions.
Very true on the Wentz/Goff comparison. Neither QB is all that good. Goff just has a better coach and better playmakers around him.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See how Hurts does without a line now.

lots of qbs have bad lines, lots of qbs deal with injuries........lots of qbs make the guys around them better(whoops)

You do know wentz has had mucho time to throw

I wouldn’t say he’s had much time to throw, that’s a bit far fetched.

Last I saw ,and and it was a few weeks ago. Also a bit far fetched to blame the line for all that...0
i stand by what i said.

also, hurts is doing just fine.....with that same line..........stands in there and does crap too

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true on the Wentz/Goff comparison. Neither QB is all that good. Goff just has a better coach and better playmakers around him.
I could buy this.
Wentz & Goff are like scared little girls when there is pressure.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude is so damn cool, love his game. Reminds me of a faster Russell Wilson.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could buy this.
Wentz & Goff are like scared little girls when there is pressure.
We talk a lot about top pick busts but 2016 gave us possibly the worst 1&2 picks we have seen in quite some time. Both these guys were fortunate to get on teams that really hid their flaws early on.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We talk a lot about top pick busts but 2016 gave us possibly the worst 1&2 picks we have seen in quite some time. Both these guys were fortunate to get on teams that really hid their flaws early on.
Not long before the draft Wentz was projected as a late 3rd early 4th rounder. I was calling for Dallas to draft him, even if it meant moving up in the 3rd. When he got to the 2nd I jumped off of the Wentz wagon.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just got to go to 2015 winston/mariota and both are backups

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just got to go to 2015 winston/mariota and both are backups
Yep. 2 years in a row bad choices. Rams and Eagles just had more team success so people think they aren't as bad. Switch those drafts and I would be willing to bet Goff and Wentz don't get $100mil extensions and are backups too.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i stand by what i said.

also, hurts is doing just fine.....with that same line..........stands in there and does crap too

May not be the future in Philly but he has made them better and shown he has a role in the League.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not long before the draft Wentz was projected as a late 3rd early 4th rounder. I was calling for Dallas to draft him, even if it meant moving up in the 3rd. When he got to the 2nd I jumped off of the Wentz wagon.
you sure? :scratch: